TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

I can't wait to start to feel some movement. My doc suspect 18-20 weeks, but I'm hoping I feel it sooner.

How exciting to have showers coming together! I hope you get tons of useful things. Do you have any names narrowed down for either gender?

oh shower time, how awesome!!

really dumb question for you all - what is the V in V Day? Viable?

dandi - that's adorable about DH! <3

Yep, viability. My WebMD app on my phone gives me little tidbits about the pregnancy as things go along. It said that Week 24 is when life saving maneuvers could be tried if baby delivered early. I think it varies with each doctor and each hospital. I think my hospital would try to assist because it's established and well know in the medical community. They seem to embrace new treatments.

I only have 2 names on my list.

Boy middle name: Ryan (after my FIL).
Girl first name: Noel

Hubby likes Malachi- Ugh! no thanks

That's all we've got. We have work to do!
Dandi I saw your (actual) name listed in a baby name book. I learned it's a based on astrology and mythology. That's pretty cool.

I love the idea of a balloon release... We don't really have gender reveals here.

So today I washed baby clothes. They are sooooooo tiny. Then I sorted them all into drawers, hoovered the nursery, changed the bed linen on the bed in the nursery, washed down the wardrobe doors and folded all the baby towels, blankets etc. I really hope I'm not nesting - it's waaaaaay too early.

awww, I just love the idea of nesting!! Better prepared than not. Before you know it, it'll be 'ahhh! I only have XX days left!'

dandi - posted in the other thread, but how are you doing? is 2nd tri treating you well? are you getting a bump yet?

left - as I said in the other thread as well, you've gone quiet. I hope all is ok!! :hugs:

sugar - I love those names! Noel is so pretty. I love Ryan for a boy or a girl.

Yes Sugar, I meant to say I love your names. Noel is so classic, but yet uncommon. Perfect balance.

Wish, I'm feeling pretty good. My main complaint right now is constipation. I'm sorry to go there, I despise bathroom talk, but it must be said. It's unlike anything I could have ever imagined. I'm also starting to understand the term "pregnancy brain." I received an order of maternity clothes yesterday that I have absolutely no recollection of ever ordering. I also received an order of clothes that I was expecting. I ordered some of the same exact things from two different stores. I called my husband yesterday to tell him that I lost my cell phone somehow and we had to go get another. Turns out it was in my purse the whole time and I finally realized it when I got a text that chimes. I'm losing it. No noticeable bump yet and I haven't gained any weight, but things are definitely shifting and rearranging. I can still wear all my clothes (with the exception of some of my tighter pants that I've had to do the rubber band trick on), but they fit differently. I'm sure it won't be too long before I have to wear the maternity clothes I'm buying, especially since my appetite has returned with a vengeance. I brought my lunch today and I just ate it for breakfast instead... <sigh>.

Yes Sugar, I meant to say I love your names. Noel is so classic, but yet uncommon. Perfect balance.

Wish, I'm feeling pretty good. My main complaint right now is constipation. I'm sorry to go there, I despise bathroom talk, but it must be said. It's unlike anything I've could have ever imagined. I'm also starting to understand the term "pregnancy brain." I received an order of maternity clothes yesterday that I have absolutely no recollection of ever ordering. I also received an order of clothes that I was expecting. I ordered some of the same exact things from two different stores. I called my husband yesterday to tell him that I lost my cell phone somehow and we had to go get another. Turns out it was in my purse the whole time and I finally realized it when I got a text that chimes. I'm losing it. No noticeable bump yet and I haven't gained any weight, but things are definitely shifting and rearranging. I can still wear all my clothes (with the exception of some of my tighter pants that I've had to do the rubber band trick on), but they fit differently. I'm sure it won't be too long before I have tog wear the maternity clothes I'm buying, especially since my appetite has returned with a vengeance. I brought my lunch today and I just ate it for breakfast instead... <sigh>.

I had a terrible time with the constipation thing. It seemed to suddenly get better around 20 weeks. Sorry, not much consolation I know. It was horrific!

Don't worry Dandi, I had that stopped up feeling too and I agree with Scarlett, it did dissipate around week 20.

I have a few more names for my list. I got on the phone with my sister and some how remember some that I used to absolutely love a few years ago. You know how you hear a name and say to yourself, " If I have a daughter one day, that's the name I'd choose for her." Those memories came flooding back for me while we talked. Here's what I got:

Genevieve
Odette
Stacey (for a boy)

My father in law said I should use Ryan for a girl or boy but he said it jokingly. I've never heard of a girl Ryan but it's growing on me too.

I know of one little girl named Ryan and it's so cute!

I'm pretty solid on our name and DH is semi-solid on it. I've decided to just start calling the baby that all the time so that it sticks and DH just goes with it, lol. It's worth a shot!

did you already tell us your name, dandi? did i miss it? do tell!

love all of those sugar - Genevieve sounds so pretty in French too. Like Jeh-vyev (the n is silent I believe and the 'j' is a soft 'j', like 'jh').
Yeah, I love Ryan for a girl - I picture a spunky little tomboy. :)

I'm not going to tell yet. It still feels so early to me and I don't want to jinx it. This home Doppler needs to hurry up so I can get some reassurance!

I had to go to the hospital last night. On Friday I worked late and when I got home my lower abdomen was sore. I thought maybe my jeans were too tight and bruised me a little. 2 hrs later I was having sporadic cramps in that area. I was able to sleep through the night but by 6am I took 1000 mg of Tylenol.

We went about our day but I called the nurse line around 9am to get some advice. The dr said it was likely round ligament pain and to rest. After a nap I woke to intense on going pain and I told dh I think i need to go to the hospital. It was about 9pm by then and I called the nurse line again. By then it hurt to move breath or even to empty my bladder. The dr called after the nurse alerted him and he said to come on in.

Getting there was an ordeal. Every bump and pothole hurt like a mother. We were 3/4 there when one street brought me to tears. I cried like a baby from the pain and the fear of what was happening down there. We went to L&D. It was a quiet night and the dr was waiting for us. He had reviewed my chart and found out about my fibroid. although he wasn't my regular dr I'm glad he looked into my chart to get my history. I wasn't even registered yet but the files were available so I'm grateful. He said it was likely inflamed and causing the pain. He gave me an extra strength ibuprofen type medication and they monitored the baby's heartbeat. Baby is fine, it's my uterus that's acting a fool.

The pains still here but it's manageable. Hurts like crazy to pee or move. I've cancelled all plans today and I'm going to try to rest. Sorry this is a book. I've never had anything happen like this and didn't even know it was possible. I know from talks on bnb that fibroids grow during pregnancy but i didn't expect pain from it. I called my sister and she said the same thing happened to her. I didn't know bc she lives several states away. She almost had to have a hysterectomy after her delivery. It's questionable if she can have more babies. This is making me apprehensive about my delivery now. I really think my tight jeans and siting for hours on Friday may have caused too much restriction to that area. Now I'm going to be more careful about my outfits and how I sit.

Hi sugar. So sorry you are having to go through all of this. I would have been absolutely panicking. Did they give you any advice on how to minimise the pain and the impact of the birth? I'm glad baby is ok and hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you!

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain Sugar! Glad baby is ok. I'm terrified of the fibroid pain and praying I can avoid it. I had a long talk with my doc about it last visit and he said the pain comes when the fibroid has grown so large that it's starting to die. I advised that it would cause intense pain for a week or two then it would go away. Please update on your pain and status, I want to know how this goes for you. Take it easy and feel better soon!

Thanks Scarlett- all they said for the pain was to continue with the Tylenol every 6 hours. Unfortunately it takes 1.5-2 hours for it to start working. Then it wares off after just 4 hours. Right now I'm happily sitting in hubbys recliner and not moving.

This doctor didn't give much info on the impact on the birth. I'm going to ask my regular dr what he thinks. I might not get the info until 2/23 at my next appt. it's definitely my new priority to find out.

Dandi-Thanks for the info about this thing. You know way more than what that dr. seemed to. He did say I wasn't dilated at all and he was happy about that.

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your well wishes. Im going to try to let the Super Bowl distract me from all this.

oh sugar, that's awful! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Yoga pants from here on out??
That's scary stuff - good info, dandi. I hope that's the case and the pain is gone in a week or so.
keep us posted - new situations for all of us to learn from!

Thanks Wish, yeah yoga pants and stretchy skirts are my best bets. Work was hard to get through. I basically sat around and didn't interact much with the students. I can't keep that up for long so I hope it gets better soon. DH says I seem to be walking easier now so some progress is being made.

I heard from my dr.'s nurse and he said to continue with Tylenol b/c it doesn't penetrate the placenta. I ordered a maternity belt too and she said that was a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->