TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Sugar, how scary but glad the baby is alright. Make sure to take it easy and I hope the pain subsides sooner rather than later.

Dandi, great info on the fibroids. I would have never had known.

Sugar, I hope you're feeling better!

We announced last night. Technically it was a few hours early as I'm only 16 weeks today. I was so nervous about it though that I just wanted to get it over with so I'd stop googling what all could go wrong at 16 weeks. I feel so much better now. Now everyone knows and whatever is going to happen is going to happen and I refuse to believe that I've jinxed anything. I still haven't told work though. My boss knows, but no one else. I don't know why it seems so scary to me for co workers to know. I'm really private at work anyway, so I guess that has something to do with it. I may not announce at all and just wait for someone to ask the awkward "are you pregnant?" questions, with that underlying worrying of "or have you just gained a ton of weight", lol.

congratulations!! i'm sure it's a bit of a weight off your shoulders, if there is such a thing. So exciting.

sugar - how are you doing??

scarlett - any movement with the baby to head in the right direction?

left - how are you holding up? not long now!

Dani how exciting to share your news . Makes it more real somehow when the cat is out of the bag !!!!!

Wish I'm doing ok :) had to repeat my sugar tolerance test as bump measuring big and have to go for a growth scan . Apart for that .... I've been given a date for c section on the 15th of march if I don't go naturally before that .....so not far away then !!

Not far away at all! You're in the final stretch now! Did you settle on a name yet?

Nope a few in the running ... Molly , Kate , Alice , Anna . But it could still change

I agree, all beautiful options. Maybe you'll just know when you see her!

I'm having the hardest time concentrating at work. It's almost the end of the day and I've done maybe an hours worth of real work. It's terrible and definitely not the type of employee I usually am, I just cannot muster the "give a damn" that I should have. I'm going to blame part of it on being totally off of caffeine now, but that's only part of it. I just feel so distracted and disinterested. I thought it was bad when I was in the midst of the fertility treatments, but this is way worse. I actually just counted the number of remaining work days until maternity leave if all goes well. 108. I might drink a soda tomorrow and try to rally!

Dandi - yay! So pleased that you've announced and it all went well. I waited to announce at work too, even to my boss because he was not that happy, which I knew would happen so I was petrified! I think the whole 'are you getting fat' thing is hilarious. People sort of try to glance at your tummy without you noticing... It's so obvious.

Wish - no news on the baby turning but thank you for asking. I think I'd have noticed so I presume he/she is still breech but I should get a better idea at my midwife appointment next week.

Left - beautiful names and so exciting to have a c-section date! Baby will be here so soon!

My only real new news is the very intense Braxton hicks I've started having every night for the past few nights. They take my breath away!

Oh no! I hope they don't last the rest of your pregnancy. How does one know that it's BH and not the real deal?

Sugar how are you doing? I just read about your scare. That scares me because of my fibroids issues.

Glad all the other pg ladies are doing well. Positive thoughts to you all.

Scarlett I hear ya !!!!! Wish they don't feel like period pains but more like your whole belly contracts and goes ROCK HARD . Its very uncomfortable , like your about to explode but not painful as such . Does take your breath away though !!!!

It's great that you announced today Dandi. It must feel like such a reflief. I announced to family at 12 weeks and all of work at 16 weeks. No one believed me though until I started to show a lot at about 22 weeks. It seems some people need to see the bump to really get it.

Scarlett I saw a Pintrest post about Midwives turning babies by having the mom lay inverted with her head close to the floor. Like upside down on a see-saw/ ironing board. It's supposed to work after a few weeks.

Today I feel better than I have in the last 4 days. In the midst of the pain I was worried that it wouldn't go away and I would be feeling this for weeks. I'm glad its starting to subside. I only needed 2 pain meds today.

Hi MDC, Left, Wish & Star and anyone else I may have missed!

Hi Sugar - glad you're feeling better, but I hope it continues to improve. I have been trying exercises suggested by my midwife and the spinning babies website - although I haven't quite had the courage to try the ironing board one yet.

Dandi and Left - BHs, Dandi's right, they are mostly not painful, just really weird. It feels like suddenly everything goes rock hard and for some reason it's difficult to breathe and I have to make myself breathe through it. DH keeps panicking because he heard me breathing and thinks I've gone into labour. That said - a couple of times they have actually been more like labour pains. (Like bad period pains). I have a really strong feeling I won't go full term... Time will tell!

Hello everyone. Just checking in. Sugar - how are you? Left - how are the BHs? Mine have eased a little bit...

All fine my end. I've rearranged the nursery and packed my hospital bag, so it all feels a bit real at the moment!

I assume baby still hasn't turned? You're getting so close!

All is fine over here. Some days I don't even feel pregnant. I just feel tired and fat and lumpy, haha. I can't wait until I can feel baby move so I know he's in there. We are having our gender reveal party this coming weekend, so that's what I'm currently looking forward to.

I assume baby still hasn't turned? You're getting so close!

All is fine over here. Some days I don't even feel pregnant. I just feel tired and fat and lumpy, haha. I can't wait until I can feel baby move so I know he's in there. We are having our gender reveal party this coming weekend, so that's what I'm currently looking forward to.

I don't think it's turned, but midwife appointment is tomorrow. I'll report back then! Yay for gender reveal - soooooo exciting. Please come in an let us know how it went. I think 16-22ish weeks is so difficult in terms of body image. You feel a bit chubby but no real bump. It's the bit I don't like so can totally sympathise. X

I agree up until 24 weeks and bump appeared I just felt blobby !!! And as I was feeling better no ms didn't feel pg at all . BH have eased too , I think baby has dropped :) can breath a little easier the last 3 days and bump changed shape .

OMG my little pink will be here in 3 weeks 5 days at the most !!! Better pack my bag !!! And get pram , cot ect sorted !!!!! One more week at work then its babymania !!!!!

Hi preggy peeps! I love hearing about all of your progress.

Scarlett are you on maternity leave now?

Dandi it's exciting your reveal is so soon. I'm going to live vicariously through you so I can decide if I want to have one next time.

Left how are you feeling? Do you have the nursery ready?

Hello! So the update is that the baby is transverse/oblique. Basically he/she is in a really weird diagonal type position with the head nearer the top. Not great. My midwife seems to not want to entertain the idea of a natural breech birth, but then again it would have to be actual breech for that to work anyway.

She tried to book me an appointment to see the consultant for next week but they didn't have any appointments until mid-March!! Fortunately she was quite pushy on my behalf and they got me a cancellation for tomorrow! They'll scan me (again) and work out exactly where the baby is and then probably book me for an ECV the following week. I'm a bit worried to be honest.

I hope everyone else is ok. Dandi - hope the party prep is going well. Sugar - are you still in pain? Left - hope the last week at work goes ok. You are so close now! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->