TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

KPME and KILEY: I wasn't as active in the TTC forum initially after my BFP for a few reasons- it was tough to read some of the miscarriage stories when I was feeling anxious enough on my own about getting through my first trimester. -I also felt a little guilty that it happened fairly quickly for me, and I didn't like feeling that way. -I felt so awful during those first bunch of weeks that it was hard enough just getting through my workday, let alone reading and responding to posts. - I felt bad about complaining about my symptoms knowing that so many women would love to be in my shoes.

I continue to stay in the TTC forums so I can follow those I've gotten to know and adore. I want our online friends to get pregnant so badly and feel the joy of getting a positive pregnancy test and hearing their baby's heartbeat for the first time. Those two moments are two of the best moments i've had in my life.

Hi girls, sorry for the quick post and then silence. Kiley, I am def nausea buddy with you! 6w5d today and lots of nausea. On Friday it was the worst, over the weekend it got a little better....so much so that I was worried! But then i puked last night for the first time! I had made a beef stew for dinner all day in the crockpot and then when it came time to eat it, it looked so unappealing to me I made pasta with butter for myself instead! I work at a college with an excellent dining hall, and I am actually psyched to have a bunch of work meetings this week. Once I can get over all the smells and the indecision of what looks appealing, I have an awesome salad bar and lots of healthy choices.

Also starting to be exhausted. Went to bed at 8pm Saturday night.

Kiley, have you been to the doctor yet?

Kpme- Yep that sounds about right. One minute I think I want something and then in a split second the thought of that same thing makes me want to vomit. As far as exhaustion goes there are some days that I want to go to bed at 7. When is your first doctor appt? I went right around 6.5 weeks. Doc said everything looked perfect and I got a due date of October 31st. Halloween baby! :) I go again neXt Wednesday, April 1st. I'll be 9w+4 at that one.

Jessie- Yep that's exactly how I feel when I go back to the TTC boards. I'm in a couple groups on FB and hate reading about miscarriages. I feel terrible for them and scared for myself.

Had a good day today. No nausea and had a great workout. Finally had full energy and strength and did not feel like I was completely out of shape. I hope this keeps up! It was nice!

The ttc and first tri boards are scary places when pg !!! I also tried to avoid them in the first 12 weeks . Gosh time is going by so quickly from the outside looking in !!! The tiredness just awful the " I can't keep my eyes open " kind lol...... So how does the maternity services work where you live ? Do you find and pick your on obgyn ?

I think it depends on what kind on insurance you have. I get to pick my own. I was actually referred to my ob/gyn about 5+ years ago by my family doctor because they found pre-cancer cells on my cervix. I really love my doc. He is a pretty no nonsense kind of guy and has wonderful bedside manner. I feel totally comfortable with him.

4th day in a row of no nausea today! I am also getting some of my appetite back. I am able to eat most of the foods I normally eat again without feeling sick.

Kiley, thanks for the reassurance! I am 6w, 6d today. I have an ultra sound next Friday, 4/3, which will be right around 8 weeks. I have had no spotting and nearly no cramps so far, but other than that, I'm in the dark as to whether im in "good shape" or not! Right now my analysis is nausea = good. Bb are sore, though that has improved somewhat. Weird sleep things too! I am taking a work trip with a colleague tomorrow for two nights and will be interested to see if I end up having to tell her! I'd rather avoid it but we will see if I get carsick!

I picked my OB. I asked my primary, who I love, and she recommended a colleague. Only met with the OB when I miscarried in October, but she was great then so I'm sticking with her!

Yes, all those signs look good. Great that you have not had any spotting or cramping. Did you when you miscarried in October? Early on I had the dull cramping from my uterus stretching but that is it. My boobs are not as tender as they were at first, but it now seems to be an off and on thing. Got up last night to go to the bathroom and they were really hurting. Its kinda weird how one day you feel fine and the next day you are feeling terrible. I have had to make adjustments on how I sleep. I can no longer sleep flat on my back or side or I get heartburn. So the last week I have been sleeping propped up on a bunch of pillows. It has helped a lot and I also think it has helped with the nausea as well. Good luck on your trip! Hopefully you do not get car sick.

I made my Facebook Announcement. I really like how it turned out. :) I do not think I am going to make it "Facebook Official" until 12 weeks (April 18th), or at least until all my brothers and sisters know. So far my parents, in-laws, and one of my sisters know and a couple close friends. So I have four brothers and one more sister to tell. I do not see them often so I will probably have to call them. I guess a phone call would be better than they finding out through Facebook!

Attachments

• IMG_6912.jpg
    IMG_6912.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 22
Symptoms are on and off and chance as your body adjusts to the level of hcg then it rises they come back , adjusts again and on and on lol......

Cute announcement Kiley! Man you have a big family!

Kpme, glad you like your doc, and good luck with your ultrasounds. Sounds like your symptoms are promising.

Thanks Wish and Mdc! Yes, this is my first human baby but technically my 4th child. I am interested to see how my cats adjust. Especially my youngest cat. I bottle fed her (rescued her when she was two weeks old). She is pretty attached to me. She is going to have some competition when this baby gets here! I am going to have to keep the cats out of what ever room the baby is sleeping in so they do not get in the bassinet or crib with him/her. This could be interesting...

Good to know my symptoms will be an on and off thing. Today is my 6th day in a row without nausea so of course it made me slightly worried. Sometimes I do not feel pregnant at all until those little feelings you get that remind me, such as my uterus expanding or heart burn. Looking forward to my next appointment on Wednesday!

we have two kitties and I've wondered the same. They are both my babies in different ways so it'll be interesting, agreed.

I hope your nausea stays away, kiley!

happy weekend, everyone!

Morning ladies! Sorry for the radio silence....been a busy week. I had to travel for work for a couple of nights, and really turned the corner on a wall of nausea while I was away. I could not get off the couch this weekend when I got home. I finally went out and got the sea bands, which seem to be helping a lot.

They moved up my doctors appointment because of a scheduling issue on their end, so now I am going both for my first appointment and us on Friday morning. I'll be 8w, 1d. I truly feel so sick I can't fathom getting bad news, but I'm trying to simultaneously prepare for it and stay positive!

Looking forward to telling my boss today. It's still early, but we are running into our crazy stressful time of year, and I can't run at my normal pace. It'll be better he knows so he can lay off a bit and also be prepared if something happens! Wish me luck!

good luck, kpme!! I look forward to hearing about your appt!!
I hope you turn a new corner on the nausea soon, too. Yuck!

Good luck on your scan Kpme! Your symptoms are all pointing to good news. I have my next scan tomorrow at 11:30. Will be 9w+4.

My nausea is much better. Its more like afternoon/evening nausea. But nothing terrible. Just a yucky acidy feeling that wont go away and makes me want to eat constantly thinking eating will make it feel better.

I think I am officially in the "fat" phase. Thank goodness flowy tops are in style! I just bought some more to help conceal. By the end of the day I have to hold my pants together with a hair tie. The beginning of the day I am fine and can button them. But by the end of the day I can no longer hold it in. I am just thankful only my belly is growing! I can still fit into my skinny jeans! With the help of a hair tie of course! ;)

Kiley good luck tommrow can't wait to see your beautiful scan pic :) my sickness used come on at night time / evening time too .... Weird I'd be fine all day then ... Felt uck

Kmpe Friday :) oooh so an exciting week all round :) can't wait for the updates !!!

Ticking along ladies ..... The 2nd tri almost upon us ! Eeeeeeek

Oh have you heard the great news of the day ???? Not mine to share ;) lol

Doc appointment went great! Said everything is still looking perfect. :thumbup: He even commended me on being so healthy and exercising prior to getting pregnant as well as try to continue with it during. I mentioned something about the last two weeks being horrible diet-wise, eating crappy since that was the only type of food that did not make me nauseous, and now eating all the time just so I do not get nauseous! And I said that I was sure I gained a little (I did not look when they weighed me today, don't want to obsess too much about it) but he said I was just fine. He said "your pregnancy will be a joke". He meant it in a good way though haha! He said since I went into it being so healthy it should be a breeze. I sure hope he is right! I finally like yogurt again, so that is good. Yay another healthy snack to eat!! No more Easter candy!

Attachments

• IMG_7048.jpg
    IMG_7048.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
Kiley :) what great news !!!! I can also see ear buds forming !!!! What a cutie :)

Oh and do expect to gain lol... Average weight gain for healthy pregnancy is 1-5-2 stone . Most of that is baby, placenta and fluid ! So your right not to obsess as it will go up and needs to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->