TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

I love baby scans! They both look perfect.

Ahh! Lovely to log on and see these scans and updates. I feel as though it's bee he's since I've I've been on B&B. Taking care of a newborn is both amazing and exhausting. Star, glad to hear you are progressing so well! So close to third tri! Ellie, I can't wait for your Harmony results. The wait was excruciating, but I hope the results are good and give you a sense of relief ( and super exciting to find out the gender of course!). Sugar, I hope you an sugar baby are doing well!! Now I'm off to find a breastfeeding thread to talk me off the ledge...ugh! Never thought I'd Google so much about milk supply issues and trying every home remedy imaginable to meet the needs of my boys big appetite.

Hi dani what's up with bf ? I'm no expert but have bf 2 if ya need to chat :)

Thank you ladies!

Sugar how is going back to work and leaving Sugar baby? I am sure that is hard.

Ellie hows are you doing?

Left and everyone else hows the going?

Dandi good to see you. Glad you are doing well. Are you ok posting a pic of baby Nash? If you are not ok l understand. I am just glad all went well and l hope you figure out the bf issues.

Well, l am 24 wks. I am so greatful l got this far. I am believing and trusting to get further on.

Yay for viability Star!

I'm ok, wanting another scan as I can't believe I'm actually pregnant. My SIL is a vet nurse and she did her own us scans last time she was pregnant, so I might ask her if she'd do one for me next week.

My GP surgery messed up and now my booking in appointment isn't until 8th September, when I'll be 12+2, but I've managed to get a dating scan date of 2nd, so 2 weeks today! They aren't going to do NT test any more, as I'm having Harmony test done next week. I should have the result by the time I get my scan and I'm so excited to post my announcement picture on FB. It took me ages, but I'm really pleased with it!

Star- I would post a picture here, I just can't figure out how to post one from my phone. I'll try to do it the next time I'm on my laptop.

Left- I'm just not producing enough. We got off to a late start with bf since he was in NICU most of his first 3 days and I fear that may have set my supply off to a poor start. He latches fine, but I'm just not producing enough. At his one week check up he had lost too much weight so his doctor told me to start pumping to monitor my supply. He's been eating 4 oz every 3 hours since his second week (even 6 oz a few times when really hungry!). I make only between 2 and 3 oz every 3 hours, I can't keep up with big boys appetite. We've been supplementing with formula between 25-40% of his meals. I know the important thing is that he is fed and growing, but I really want to get to exclusively breast milk. I'm eating oats, drinking ovatine (the barley supposedly helps), and I've just ordered some herbal supplements that are supposed to increase supply, so fingers crossed!

Hi Everyone!

Wow Dandi Nash is a good eater! Isadora just started taking 4 oz at a time last week at 2m2 weeks. I've seen a few lactation consultants for various things but they all say the best way to increase supply is to feed constantly. It's the complete draining of the breast that makes more milk. Also using hand expression with the pump as well as lots of skin to skin time. I don't make much either but some how I squeeze all I can from these boobies!

My first week at work went well. It was the excitement of a new job I think. Now 3 weeks in and I'm not so excited. I brought some 3, 5x7 picture frames in so I can stare at her all day!

Also I have to pump in a restroom, which makes me grumpy. I wish work had a mother's room like you find in Babies R Us and BuyBuy baby. Those places spoil me.

Sugar, glad work is going alright. Ugh about the bathroom. Too bad they can't give you an empty office instead?

I wish MDC. Theres no offices available. This is public school in Houston so space is very limited. I share a 5x5' (if that) cubicle with another person!

Oh my gosh, your profile picture is adorable Sugar! Could she get any cuter!?

FYI to all you mamas and future mamas... My sister told me about an app called MAMA and I've already placed two orders today, one for baby and one for me. It's pretty addictive bc the prices are so low.

Oh look at him! Nash is so cute. Kiss those cheeks for me Dandi!

cuteness overload, for sure - those babies are stinkin' adorable!!!

Happy Monday,

Love your profile pics Dandi and Sugar.

Sugar am sorry about the pumping situation. I will probably have the same situation. My job doesn't have a private pumping area and about 80% of employees are women.

Ellie your next scan is coming up right? Did you get your results from your harmony test? Hope you are doing good.

Dandi are you doing ok now with bf? I ll check that app MAMA. I just started buying stuff now. I was waiting for my V day to start doing that.

Afm,l am doing well but just started have mild swelling on my feet. The good thing the swelling goes down once l elevate my feet. I am on my feet alot at work and my ob says that sometimes causes the swelling. My BP has been good so far with the swelling and am greatful for that. Every bit of this journey makes one worried. I am hoping for the best everyday.

Ellie never mind. I just read back. Your scan is not until 9/2. It is coming up. Hoping for a wonderful scan.

Thank you Star. I'm sorry your feet have been swollen and you've been anxious. I don't think we can ever relax after what we've been through. I decided not to do Harmony, but trust the free NHS combined test and only do expensive Harmony if I'm high risk.
Yes, my scan is on Friday and I can't wait! Not long to wait now though. I'm amazed that I'm 11 weeks tomorrow! The last couple of weeks have flown by. I finally bought a new bra and some over bump jeans today. I'm so bloated and I just want to be comfortable. Result!

Star, I hate that your feet are swelling. Awesome that your bp is fine, but it can still get uncomfortable. I had the same thing, perfect bp but serious swelling. I could only fit my feet into flip flops the last two weeks, lol. Hoping that you find relief and elevate whenever you can.

Breastfeeding isn't going how I'd hoped. I love the bonding feeling of nursing him, but bc of my low supply and his overwhelming demand, I'm now exclusively pumping. He's now eating between 5-6 ounces at each feeding (only 6 weeks tomorrow, it's unreal!). I was nervous that he may be overeating, but his doc said to keep doing what we're doing bc his growth and weight gain is right on track. So I pump and pump and pump and end up with 4 bottles of breastmilk for him a day. Then he has 4 bottles of formula a day as well. It's not what I had planned, and the mama guilt about it weighs heavily on me, but he's still getting some benefits from half breast milk and the important part is that he's well fed. I'm taking supplements to increase mammary tissue though ( I had no increase in breast size during pregnancy) and I've noticed. Slight improvement after a week. It says to give it 2-3 weeks so hopefully there will be more progress that leads to more milk.

The worry never stops ladies, I understand that now. From ttc, to pregnancy, to mothering, the worry is the one constant. Womanhood and motherhood is hard! We just have to have each other's backs and remind each other that we're doing the best we can, whether that be the crazy ttc regimens we put ourselves on, the constant worry and fear surrounding everything during pregnancy, or the guilt and second guessing when caring for a baby. Hang in there ladies, it's tough work we have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->