TTC soon and I am getting nervous..

emicakess

Reaction score
Hi ladies..I'm emi and my OH is Tony. We have a little girl named Maybel who is 13 months. We are planning on TTC starting this upcoming cycle .. which is coming up in a few days. We didn't have any problems last time so we should hit the egg this month if we do everything right. If we don't get pregnant this month then we won't be trying again until January because Id like to try and avoid a birthday in July or August since my OHs is in July and DDs is in August. Lol. Anyway.. I have been wanting to ttc for a few months now and I'm soo excited that it's coming up soon!! But I'm starting to get cold feet.. I'm wondering if it would be better to wait until January.. But I want to ttc now so bad. I'm on the fence... I'm nervous because I have no idea how it's going to be nursing a newborn with a almost 2 year old (DD will be 22 months). I had a terrible experience nursing DD for the first 6 months due to tongue tie/reflu/slow weight gain/fussiness but we got through it. So I can't imagine things being easier with nursing though I know they probably will. I am nervous will I cope with all the hard parts that come with it? Some days I feel so exhausted with just one. I wish I could actually realistically imagine what it will be like. I keep telling myself it will be okay we will find a way to manage and get a routine and everything will be dandy just like with DD.

I'm also nervous of being pregnant again, and with a toddler this time.

I'm MOSTLY Nervous of what my work will think!! I am just going back to work in November and by then I will be 10 weeks pregnant. I will have taken 15 months off work (well I've been on call but mostly not working) and to show up pregnant again.. Will people think badly of me? I know I shouldn't care but I do.. what will they think? 22 months is a pretty normal age gap isn't it? People won't think I'm crazy? And I am just going to be big and pretty unhelpful again eventually. But the timing might actually be pretty good. I work at a school- school ends June 14th and the due date would be around June 20th.

With all that being said .. I really do want to TTC this month and I reallyreally do want to give my DD a little sibling. I mostly just needed to vent.. I was on these forums when I was pregnant with DD and I'd like to come back and make some friends here again

Hi there! I'm sort of I'm the same boat as you! I have a 10 mos old and was planning on getting pregnant January or later though we sort of agreed to ntnp and right now I'm thinking I might already be pregnant. Haha a little crazy. I think I'm insane for wanting 2 under 2 and I don't think I really grasp how hard it will be but my mom lives here so I know I'll be able to have her help when I'm overwhelmed. And I'd love for them to have a close relationship!

So I'm on the two week wait right now, I'd be pretty surprised if I got pregnant the first time not preventing but I just feel like I am. Have you been tracking your cycle so you know when you plan to try? So exciting for us! Hoping we both get what we want!! :)

Hi Kern! Did you track your cycles and go all POAS crazy with your first? I did!!! Lol it's so nerve wrecking but somehow fun lol then you finally get your BFP and its so amazing. For the past few months I've been hoping to get a magical bfp haha. Now that it's actually planned out and we are going to for sure try this month, I'm all nervous ! Too much time to think I guess haha.
How many DPO are you??? I'm so excited for you! I'll be following your posts to see your hopefully bfp!

Yeah I track my cycles, they are pretty regular and I am expecting my period in 3 days. And im expecting to ovulate September 28th. We will be in Vegas for that week and we are planning on ttc while in Vegas lol!

I did with my first! Haha I was pg on my third cycle though so I was pretty grateful! It was so fun! I loved the journey but now I'll have a toddler and it will be way different, especially the first trimester exhaustion! Oye!

I'm nervous too! But I remember being nervous the first time and it all worked out! I don't think we are going to find out the gender of this one until it is born! Make it a little different, you know?

I'm like 3-5dpo, since I haven't really been tracking I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated but I do know the range since I had ewcm. It's funny, I had forgotten all the abbreviations until now lol

It will be fun to ttc in Vegas! Hahahaha. Hope it works out!

That's funny because I am considering not finding out the gender this time too! So if you are pregnant right now what would be your due date? :) my mom also lives rightbehind us so I have her help too.. she's disabled so she can't help a ton but it's really nice to have her help ..

Uggh My period just came. Which could mean I will ovulate a few days before we go to Vegas :( obviously it's not getting pregnant in Vegas that is important.. But I wouldn't want to go drink in Vegas after possibility just getting pregnant if we got pregnant while still here.. ugh :/

You sound like me! My DS is almost 4, and I have been putting it off because of being a chickensh*t really but now we've decided that we definitely want to have another so the age gap isn't too far, and we've *made* the decision, that yes, we should TTC, I am terrified! Excited, but the fear outweighs the excitement at the moment! And there are loads of reasons why.

I think for me, one of my main worries is... well, it's the whole "But our life is so lovely, easy and cosy now. Why would I want to shake it up?" thing! I desperately want more children, I see more children in our future, and I want a big family, but I just cannot imagine having two and getting two ready in the mornings, getting two organised, keeping two of them happy etc. So that scares me. Will we cope? Will #2 just slot into our lives? Of course they will, every mummy of two or three or more will say that, but I still get worried about this!

Then I worry about being pregnant again. Say if I'm sick, say if something goes wrong, blah blah. I suffered with high bp after about 32 weeks and had to be in hospital for a week while being induced because of it, so I worry about that, about leaving DS for that long!

Then labour... because my first labour was far from ideal and involved ventouse and the drip and a few worrying/scary moments!

So I can soooo sympathise. And all I can say is despite these worries, I still want to have another baby, and I am still, although still petrified, excited too. And that I am pretty sure second time around is different. Our bodies know what to do, we know what to do, we've been there, done that, and of course we will cope because we are mothers and that's what we do! :flower:

But yes. I'm with you lady. Still nervous as HELL. :haha:

If I were pregnant the due date would be 5/26. So crazy to think! I go back and forth to thinking for sure I am to thinking I'm crazy for believing it haha. Having to do the two week wait would stink while in Vegas! Maybe your cycle will be a little longer next month so it works out perfectly!

Wannabmummy, I have the same fears about adding an addition to our perfect family, like how will I juggle two, some days just having one makes me feel exhausted! Haha. And then having two under two, am I clinically insane? Juggling nap times, feeding times, diaper explosions. Aha. But then I remember I had fears to adding one to our family and they were all for nothing as it's been such a joy to have him in our lives!

After 4 years of planning/talking about expanding our family, we are now less than 4 months away from TTC...and I'm right there with you.

I've prepared for this for YEARS! I know I'm ready! But I am still deathly terrified!

So you are definitely not alone :flower:

I'm desperate to start ttc....and then I'm terrified too! Can't believe finally we're talking about #2 and get excited and then think how on earth will I manage two?!

But then I thought I'd never leave the house with one and after no time at all that became easy to do...

Labour again scares me, I had to have an emcs and part of me would love a vbac but the other part thinks I should ask for an cs.

But I guess I need to get preggers first!!!

Good to know we're not alone with the excitement and fear of ttc again!

xxx

Thanks for the replies ladies!! Good to know I'm not alone! Kern my TWW Will only just start in Vegas! When we get back I will be between 2-5 dpo so it's okay! My period did start earlier than expected but its okay, once my period is over we are just going to start TTC so we will catch the egg for sure :)

Everything you ladies said is how I'm feeling!! How will I juggle it all? How will I cope? I guess the mystery of it is just frightening. But I just keep telling myself it will work out just like it did with our first! If anything it will hopefully be a little easier because 1. I'm already a mom so we don't have to go through that rough transition from being my own person to being a mom and 2. Hopefullyb ready feeding will go better since we already survived through hell with it with my daughter!
I think we're set girls I think we are definitely TTC this cycle:) <3 I'm just so nervous about going back to work pregnant...

Well ladies my period has ended, let the TTC begin!! I am so excited and with the help of you ladies, other friends support and reading up on people's experiences with having 2 children 22 months apart I am feeling very positive and excited ! Kern I am about to check your posts and see if there is an update on you!

Well ladies my period has ended, let the TTC begin!! I am so excited and with the help of you ladies, other friends support and reading up on people's experiences with having 2 children 22 months apart I am feeling very positive and excited ! Kern I am about to check your posts and see if there is an update on you!

Sending you good thoughts and baby dust! :flower::baby:

Yay! Let the fun begin! Haha. &#128514; I hope you catch that bfp!

I'm still feeling pregnant. I feel like I just know I am, how crazy will I feel if af comes? Haha. Still haven't tested, being strong and not even going out to buy any tests. My hubs doesn't even believe that I could be on our first ntnp adventure. &#128514; so I haven't really even shared with him that I'm serious lol. The wait continues! I should know by the end of this week or next Monday at the latest!

Keep us posted on all those symptoms! I'll be following you!

Well I had many months were I swore I was and af did come but I have had two months were I SWORE I was and I was hahaha! So I am anxious to see how it turns out for you! You are a stronger woman than me with not buying tests lol so with NTNP did he pull our anything? If not then you very well could be!

Haha when I ttc for #1 I also remember feeling so for sure. So it could be the same scenario here. No he did not pull out lol. Twice. During my fertile window. So it is VERY possible. Now I didn't lay in bed with hips up for thirty minutes after like when ttcing but who knows.

Ah you definitely don't need to put your hips up in order to have a baby hahaha!!!you have a really good chance!! When will you test?

Probably when I miss af, so next Monday at the latest? Today I felt maybe I'm not preggo because I'm super hormonal like I usually am right before af but I just googled and apparently it can be a symptom, but the fact it's here right on time makes me second guess myself.

The tww is awful! Haha. How's the ttcing going?

Hormonal is a good thing.. I remember freaking out on OH over like, nothing, the night before I got my bfp last time lol. And I cried over the end of Lost while thinking this is the stupidest ending ever why am I crying? Lol. Ahhhh I want you to test so bad haha... So maybe you are like 9 dpo today?
You really have some self control girl haha

Ttc isn't going right now. I had to get a tooth pulled yesterday kinda emergency like because it was hurting so bad and I couldn't pay for a root canal -_- lovely I know... so TTC is going to wait a few days until I'm all healed. Just hoping I won't miss O day but I don't think I will

Haha. Last night while laying in bed I felt a sharp pain on my left side right above my pubic bone. It probably lasted a few minutes and didn't go away when I changed positions. Makes me wonder if that was implantation? Today I don't really feel much of anything. I have still been super bitchy like right before af. Wait, I have been tired and on and off nauseous. I don't know what to think! I feel like my symptoms are too good to be true. Haha.

Still holding out on testing.
&#128541;

Sorry about the tooth! Ouch! Does not make for a good bd event! I'm sure you have a little time before you O. I would ,live for you to fall pregnant now if I am and we can be buddies bitching about round ligament pain or something hahaha.

Hey everyone!

New to this thread! Preparing to TTC starting next month/next cycle. In the mean time, I've been using an OPK to see my cycle/ovulation patterns, so I'll know when best to BD and also taking prenatals, folic acid, maca, flax seeds... and have taken some things on and off such as vitex and wild yam.

I'm a little nervous, because I really believe it's going to happen within the next couple of months, so I'm doing what I can to improve my diet and exercise regimen for the health of the baby.

Hoping to find a buddy or two to share journeys with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->