TTC- starting a 'second family'

curleymumma

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I hope im not the only one in this situation....

I married very young and popped out three kids with no worries at all (except a few misscarriages)- then the marriage went belly up, and 7 years later in a new 5yr old relationship, we are TRYING to have babies- new DH has no children of own, (but a normal SA).

SO thats my quick rundown. TTC journey this time has so far been 2 years- and am on my first round of clomid, im on CD28 today, 12dpo (i think).

I was quite confident that this was my month when i knew that Clomid made me ovulate- but now i feel like AF is on her wicked way to me... i feel bloated and cramp- and very irritable and moody- just like i am every other month a few days before AF---

SO, anyone else on this journey?

Its hard for others to understand why i would want more children, but my partner hasnt had any, and i would feel very priavelged to cary his children- and have a second chance at the 'happy family' dream...

Hope to hear from other women on their second time around!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I'm not in the same position, rather the opposite.

My partner has a 10 year old (she is turning 10 this month). He might have been happy not to have any children. But says he wants to sharethis experience with me.

I hope u dont need to wait much longer on creating this new part of your family. :thumbup:

I'm not in the same position, rather the opposite.

My partner has a 10 year old (she is turning 10 this month). He might have been happy not to have any children. But says he wants to sharethis experience with me.

I hope u dont need to wait much longer on creating this new part of your family. :thumbup:

so you guys are ttc?

i hope you get it all going quick!

let me know if you would like to chat about it- blended family is a big adjustment!

Well I'm still with my husband but it feels like we've started a second family.

My 2 eldest sons are 21&18. Youngest is 19 months and we are TTC again :)

Good luck to you. We are loving it second time around xxx

Well I'm still with my husband but it feels like we've started a second family.

My 2 eldest sons are 21&18. Youngest is 19 months and we are TTC again :)

Good luck to you. We are loving it second time around xxx

Wow that is like a second family! Its nice to hear im not the only one! Good on you! How is your TTC journey so far?

Not so well so far :(. Had miscarriage in December and a chemical last cycle.

Not giving up yet though :winkwink: just waiting for some blood test results on Tuesday :flower:

Sorry to hear that xanth

I hope your luck changes soon XXX

curleymama you are right it is a big adjustment. Can't wait till I can add some children to the mix ;)

Xanth how exciting. I hope you don't wait too long.

We have been TTC since December, just had the longest cycle for me 43 days. Blech.

As it's my first I'm in fear that I may not be able to get pregnant. Although as I'm only on CD1, my positivity will come back over the next few days :)

curleymama you are right it is a big adjustment. Can't wait till I can add some children to the mix ;)

Xanth how exciting. I hope you don't wait too long.

We have been TTC since December, just had the longest cycle for me 43 days. Blech.

As it's my first I'm in fear that I may not be able to get pregnant. Although as I'm only on CD1, my positivity will come back over the next few days :)

One bumo- we send you all our baby dust XXX Its such a hard time for us mums XXX:thumbup:

I have a son who will be 17 in April and the dh has a daughter who just turned 13 this past January--we have a daughter together that turned in 11 in October last year--I've been trying to give him another for nearly 11 years..We can get pg--just not sticking..So I def feel like we are trying to start a second family twice over...With our kids getting much older, my son signing up for the military and all-he'll be moved out soon--and yet the desire to give my husband one more baby is strong as ever!
:dust: Hoping we can all get those :bfp:s!!

Ok ladies, :witch: flew in last night- so ive gone from a hopefull CD31 to a despondant CD1- start clomid on cd3 or 4 this time around...

Hey ladies,

Woke up this mornig with AF- lots pain, but more than usual- but i stayed on the lounge all day taking pain killers that i have been avoiding all month---

Was in lots of pain recntly and went to the loo to find id passed largish mass, and upon ispectino found it was fiberouse and diddnt break down into blood. I think i may have had an early misscarriage....I cant be sure of course- but since then the pain has stopped and bleeding reduced quite a lot.

So im feeling quite physically drained from the pain- and to add to that DH is away at the moment, home tomorrow night though.

We women are tough and resiliant creatures arnet we?

Oh jeez Curleymumma I am so sorry.

You are a strong woman, I wish I had more to say to help.

They do say your fertility will be up for this cycle, so I hope this will be your month. :hugs:

Hello ladies.
I have to say I never pictured myself here in this place in my life again.
I have a DD almost 18 and a DS 19 who has a DD 4 months old! So yes I'm a grandma! Hahaha.
My DB has DS 14 and DD 10 & 8.

And now we are at the start of our 4th cycle TTC together. We are so excited to expand our family and really hope it happens soon. I admit I was crushed this past weekend when af flew in but feeling better now.

My first two were easy. One an accident and the other first month off the pill. So I know in my brain this is all still "normal" timing but it's so hard not to feel like your failing somehow.

Good luck and :dust: to all!

Ok ladies, :witch: flew in last night- so ive gone from a hopefull CD31 to a despondant CD1- start clomid on cd3 or 4 this time around...

So sorry hun! Hopefully this will be the last of many cycles for a long while...:winkwink:

I "think"--ok I've thought I've gotten what looked like faint lines on the OPKs--but either way negative is negative isn't it--not like I'm looking at an HPT and the faint line really means anything...

DTD this am right before leaving for work--last words of the dh on the phone after leaving--"I left 2 deposits so we don't have to :sex: tonite.."...:rofl:. TMI, I know...So, only one night skipped so far and that was last night--as I was just to emotionally drained to think about it and went to bed early...I want my TTC girls on the 2 ww board to get their :bfp:s, but I keep wondering, "where is mine darn it!"...Hopefully it comes soon....:winkwink:...

here is my OPK from this am--I found if I take it in the morning--its better for me--I was forgetting to take it at the same time the last few nights...:dohh:
OPK 03 28 2012 fmu.jpeg

:dust::dust::dust: to all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"