TTC & trying to loose weight club anyone?

hi ladies, im looking for some support and friends on here again as im starting ttc #2 very soon. I have lost some weight but have alot more to go so im joining you here :) hi! :waves: Im Amy and Im 28 and have a 13 month old daughter. My hubby is 34 and we have been married for 2 years in march. Nice to meet you all x

hi ladies, im looking for some support and friends on here again as im starting ttc #2 very soon. I have lost some weight but have alot more to go so im joining you here :) hi! :waves: Im Amy and Im 28 and have a 13 month old daughter. My hubby is 34 and we have been married for 2 years in march. Nice to meet you all x

Hi Amy, :hi:

This group has become a bit quiet! No many using it anymore!

Im currently not losing weight as after 16months of trying for my first im pregnant! :-D

Im following a healthy eating plan though as i dont want to gain too much weight as ive already put on 9 kilos/22 lbs!!

Ill be here if you want to report any loses or anything!

Good luck with baby number two! How exciting!

Hope everyone is getting on well! x

Hi how are you? Things ok here. Trying to lose weight again :wacko: TTC, only second cycle since mc and some days are hard. You can not help track where you would of been. I am getting there though. How long do you have to go? x

Hi how are you? Things ok here. Trying to lose weight again :wacko: TTC, only second cycle since mc and some days are hard. You can not help track where you would of been. I am getting there though. How long do you have to go? x

Hi MrsKitty,

I am trying not to put too much weight on too with little success so i hope you are doing better than me!

I thought i was losing our baby at 8 weeks which was the worst moment of my life so i can only imagine how hard it is for you and your husband :hug:

I am sending lots of baby :dust: and luck for your losing weight! I hope you are able to heal in time

I have 10 weeks to go and just for everyones information or who has been told of all the problems we will have for being over weight! So far, touch wood, i have had a very healthy pregnancy!

xxx

There is a big deal put on weight right? I have no doubt when I go for my follow up appointment a big issue will be made of my weight. It is a massive struggle for me, I try with little reward. Ten weeks is not long :) baba will be here before you know it. :happydance:

Hi MrsKitty,

I am trying not to put too much weight on too with little success so i hope you are doing better than me!

I thought i was losing our baby at 8 weeks which was the worst moment of my life so i can only imagine how hard it is for you and your husband :hug:

I am sending lots of baby :dust: and luck for your losing weight! I hope you are able to heal in time

I have 10 weeks to go and just for everyones information or who has been told of all the problems we will have for being over weight! So far, touch wood, i have had a very healthy pregnancy!

xxx

Yes i always read about weight causing problems with conceiving and throughout pregnancy. I have been overweight my whole life and always worried from what ive read and been told that i would never have a healthy pregnancy!

I lost 3 stone in total before i got pregnant which im sure helped with conceiving but my pregnancy has been good considering my BMI at the time of conceiving was 38.5. I have had no diabetes which they say is 4 time more likely when you have a high BMI or any other problems so far, fingers crossed!

i was worried about having a disproving midwife and doctors and alot of emphasis on my weight but so far my midwife has been great and she is very happy with how things have been going :)

torisian, I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well and that you haven't met with disapproval. I really think people can't understand this weight struggle unless they've lived it.

MrsKitty, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I have been MIA for a while and haven't kept up with any threads here. :(

I suffered a self-inflicted set-back this cycle... I went off my "no simple carbs" diet, and even with Clomid I still didn't ovulate. I also gained a few pounds, which isn't surprising. My RE warned me, but I thought surely meds would be enough. I've learned - they're not. :(

The weather here is a little warmer this week. Maybe I'll be able to get off the couch and hit the trails. Anything to stay out of the kitchen!

Good luck, ladies!

Its so difficult isnt it!

It took me 16 months to conceive so stay positive!
Good luck with the weight loss and conceiving!

x

Hi ladies. I hope it's ok if I join in. I've been doing Weight Watchers for about a year and a half now. I lost a little over 50lbs, but I regained some (stupid vacation), so now I'm at 42lbs and having trouble keeping on track with the program. My eventual goal is to lose about another 40, but I'd be thrilled if I could lose another 12 while TTC (if I don't end up getting pregnant right away, which would be even better!). That would bring me down from obese to overweight. I know BMI charts are kind of arbitrary and they aren't accurate for anyone, but I think they're pretty reasonable for my specific build.

I'm really having a hard time focusing on WW right now, because I can't help thinking "Hmmm, I could be pregnant any time now, so I'd have to quit anyway...." and then stopping tracking. It works so well when I do it, too.

My cycles have always been regular, and my weight was totally a result of irresponsible eating choices and not medical issues, so I'm hoping we won't have any TTC issues due to it. I want a healthy pregnancy, but there's also definitely some vanity mixed in - whenever I struggled in the beginning, I reminded myself that I didn't want people looking at me at 6 months pregnant and thinking "Is she fat or expecting??" :p

Hiya, to be honest it has gone really quiet in this thread but I could certainly do with some support in losing weight again if you want to buddy? I have totally lost the plot in the whole weight loss thing. I really want to lose weight to be healthy, not sure if it affects me ttc as I was pregnant and had a mc but I am concerned that I need to be healthy not to increase my chances of a mc again. I find it so hard :( I know what you mean about the if I get pregnant I will have to stop but we have to think about getting healthy now yeah? I am doing fitness pal but might give something else a go.
Hi ladies. I hope it's ok if I join in. I've been doing Weight Watchers for about a year and a half now. I lost a little over 50lbs, but I regained some (stupid vacation), so now I'm at 42lbs and having trouble keeping on track with the program. My eventual goal is to lose about another 40, but I'd be thrilled if I could lose another 12 while TTC (if I don't end up getting pregnant right away, which would be even better!). That would bring me down from obese to overweight. I know BMI charts are kind of arbitrary and they aren't accurate for anyone, but I think they're pretty reasonable for my specific build.

I'm really having a hard time focusing on WW right now, because I can't help thinking "Hmmm, I could be pregnant any time now, so I'd have to quit anyway...." and then stopping tracking. It works so well when I do it, too.

My cycles have always been regular, and my weight was totally a result of irresponsible eating choices and not medical issues, so I'm hoping we won't have any TTC issues due to it. I want a healthy pregnancy, but there's also definitely some vanity mixed in - whenever I struggled in the beginning, I reminded myself that I didn't want people looking at me at 6 months pregnant and thinking "Is she fat or expecting??" :p

Being buddies sounds good. Even if we get pregnant right away, I know I'll probably need some support staying on track with healthy eating.

Being buddies sounds good. Even if we get pregnant right away, I know I'll probably need some support staying on track with healthy eating.

Yeah we definately will need support if we get lucky, we need to keep weight gain to a low. I found it hard when I was pregnant as in the first few weeks I was so so hungry and did not feel sick unless I was hungry! I also had a couple of unhealthy cravings. The mc obviously has caused emotional strain (to say least) and eating has always been a comfort for me. Weighed myself today and have put a couple of pounds on due to a few days holidays and celebrations, I feel thoroughly miserable about it but need to just lift myself up and get back to it. I can not do anything fad or drastic (not sure I would anyway) as I am in my tww with just one week to go. I was just looking at my WW file which is old style as I had success in the past with that and not the new one. I do like the way you can eat lots of veggies without counting them. So thinking about giving it a go though I think fitness pal is a more lifetime change.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that, MrsKitty. It's hard enough to lose weight in totally normal circumstances.

I think WW can be pretty good long term, but it sure is expensive before you reach goal. I couldn't do it without the online portion that does all the work for me ;) I think I'd struggle with My Fitness Pal because I'd still have to make decisions and figure out how many calories I should have. I've been trying to get back on track but I've been so hungry the past couple weeks. I'm either pregnant or insane :p

It is easier not to have to work it out and are lot s of meal ideas with ww. I have to say I have been so hungry today. It was a thing last time, the hunger! Fingers crossed :)

I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that, MrsKitty. It's hard enough to lose weight in totally normal circumstances.

I think WW can be pretty good long term, but it sure is expensive before you reach goal. I couldn't do it without the online portion that does all the work for me ;) I think I'd struggle with My Fitness Pal because I'd still have to make decisions and figure out how many calories I should have. I've been trying to get back on track but I've been so hungry the past couple weeks. I'm either pregnant or insane :p

Hey how is everyone doing? Mrskchicago how are you doing? I thought I would check in as a way to keep me in track ;) I have stuck to the diet today, think I am back on track. Weighed myself (terrible at daily weighing) and I am back to where I was last week. Saw consultant today and all good, pleased to say I will get seen earlier if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again. He never mentioned my weight! That is what I was worried about most, not cos I think my weight is an issue but it seems to be the thing that drs pick up on regardless of what you are seeing them for. Anyway I hope you are all well and eating healthy :)

I'm trying :p I'm up a little more than a pound from last week's weigh in, but I don't know how much of that is weight and how much is bloating. I'll admit, I've been eating a lot because I've been super hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->