ttc with vitex (TTC#1)

bella yubari

Reaction score

Hello all :),
I am new here (just joined today) im looking for some support, help, and advice.
i am ttc with #1. i have been on and off of bc for 3 years and decided to stop in october which is when i got my last bc induced period. I didnt get another and in beginning of december started spotting heavily all the way until i went to the doc in jan and on january 7th i took provera for 10 days and started my period on the 13th day (jan 20 i believe) i had my normal 6 day cycle. I havent seen AF since :( After doing extensive research i decided to try vitex. I have been taking vitex (natures way 400mg) 2x a day (morning and night) for about 9 days now. i had bad cramping on day 5, and spotting on the 6th day(that morning) of taking vitex, but it was light and only lasted for that one trip to the bathroom. now nothing else. im getting a little discouraged but im trying to hang in there bc ive read it takes a while to (months) to kick in. does anyone have and success stories or advice or anything to help me out? thanks a lot! :)
ps. i dont have pcos (as far as i know), i only really get periods if bc induced or provera induced. i am 240lbs and 6ft tall.

Vitex is really variable in how it affects people. It seems (from what I've seen), that in some people it works really well, and in others it doesn't help at all or even makes things worse. But it can take 3-6 months to really take effect.

I started taking it because my LP was a bit short and my temps dropped too early. I found it helped the very first cycle. I've been on it 4 months now, no bfp yet, but I think I've had a couple of close calls. I take a 1000mg capsule, first thing in the morning. I read it's best to take it that way, about half an hour before breakfast, for the best effect.

If you do a search on thread titles for 'vitex' you'll come across a whole heap of threads on this, you might find some good advice in those.

I used vitex tablet form for 2-3 mnths and it did nothing. Infact i had a rather long cycle on it.

I later tried vitex tincture version and it shortened my cycle and i got pregnant both uses. First one was a chemical pregnancy but second is my current first proper bfp.
Goodluck.xx

thanks stellabella! and congrats! i have only been using it for about two weeks...and i havent felt any real changes yet. :( maybe i should switch to the tincture form. what kind did you use?

Popping in from the pregnancy forums too, I used vitex and also got my BFP on it after 3 months use but noticed improvements to my LP and long irregular cycles before then. Ended in an early loss first time but carried on with it and got BFP again the following month, and I'm now 14 weeks and things are looking ok. I used the tablet form 1000mg every morning.

thanks for the reply bubbles and congrats on the little one :) do you mind me asking what brand of it are you taking?

I don't take it anymore, but was just using a brand from a local health food shop, I think it was their own brand nothing famous.

Hi there,

I just started taking vitex which is in a natural herbal pill i bought at the grocery store pharmacy (Real Canandian Superstore)here in Canada. Along with the vitex it has in it red rasberry,milk thistle, Saw Palmetto, Scullcap, wild yam. This pill is called Horomonal Balance made by FEM-MED. Its all natural herbs.

My periods are all over the place, im hoping this balances them out. one month im 28 days next month 35.

thanks 2014babymad! let me know how it works for you :) good luck! so far i havent felt any differences and i think im on or goin on my third week! i really hope this works!

thanks for the responses! let me know how it works for you ladies! so far have had spotting 3 times since i started the first spot was 6 days after taking it, from that it was 17 days later, and from that 4 days (today) from that. all spots have been only toilet paper worthy and last for that instance. do you guys think its working?

thanks for the responses! let me know how it works for you ladies! so far have had spotting 3 times since i started the first spot was 6 days after taking it, from that it was 17 days later, and from that 4 days (today) from that. all spots have been only toilet paper worthy and last for that instance. do you guys think its working?

Hey Bella Yubari,

Ive been on it this cycle, and finding not many changes but says takes 3 months on it to notice any.

Actually, I feel more bloated and tired and boobs hurt already at cycle day 18. SO that seems early for me my cycles are usually 35 days!

Last couple months no breast pains or bloating until right before period so i thought for sure i hadnt ovulated.

2014 babymad: HEY!! I tried Hormonal Balance as well for about a month. I'm interested in knowing how it is effecting you. I found that it made me extremely tired, no sex drive at all which is very unusual for me, and moody...oh how moody I was. I am generally a very happy and calm person and since being on them I was sooo moody, crying, bitchy like really bitchy, my husband pretty well stayed away from me for that month, lol. I stopped taking them because I just couldn't stand it I was so unhappy. I only got hormonal balance for the vitex but it wasn't giving me enough in one day with the four pills recommended. So I ordered vitex and maca and I started them today. I ordered them from the vitamin shop in BC. took over a week to get here but am looking forward to seeing improvments. GL.

2014 babymad: HEY!! I tried Hormonal Balance as well for about a month. I'm interested in knowing how it is effecting you. I found that it made me extremely tired, no sex drive at all which is very unusual for me, and moody...oh how moody I was. I am generally a very happy and calm person and since being on them I was sooo moody, crying, bitchy like really bitchy, my husband pretty well stayed away from me for that month, lol. I stopped taking them because I just couldn't stand it I was so unhappy. I only got hormonal balance for the vitex but it wasn't giving me enough in one day with the four pills recommended. So I ordered vitex and maca and I started them today. I ordered them from the vitamin shop in BC. took over a week to get here but am looking forward to seeing improvments. GL.

Hi,

Well I have found they made me very moody. I've been crying non-stop.. Bitchy.
Also been very tired. Only bought them for the Vitex as well. Looked at other stores couldn't find it. I also find they give me heartburn.
I'm also taking tons of other stuff.

Vitamins b complex, d, mutil

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back