ttc with vitex (TTC#1)

Cycle day testing does work! It shows if you have ovulated and shows the level of hormones during different parts of your cycle. CD testing works great for nomal length cycles, but it would be more time comsuming and dificult with a 145 cycle. I will do it, but I want other tests done during this time, I just dont want to waste anymore time. I already know I do not ovulate regularly. It would be nice to know that I ovulate on my own though. I want to make sure I'm not having annovulatory cycles.

I'm worried I'm having annovulatory cycles - are you doing OPks? xx

I have used OPKs, but I ran out. If I had used then this cycle and started on cd 10, I would have used 138 tests just this cycle. I am going to buy more and just test when I think I am ovulating. Last cycle I used them often. I stopped, one day I had a gush of EWCM and so I tested and sure enough it was positive. I have one more OPK and I am not using it unless I get a gush of EWCM like last time. last cycle was 76 days long. I had a positive around cd 28 but I didn't actually ovulate because my period did not come. Then the second positive around cd 60 which I actually did ovulate and had a chemical. So my LH surge the first time failed.

Oh see I had no idea what cycle day testing was. Figured it meant using blood work to see hormone levels on certain days?

I hope you get answers too

I think your right about that. I think it is blood work. I have never done it so i'm not sure. I see my gyno tomorrow so hopefully I get some answers soon.

Oh see I had no idea what cycle day testing was. Figured it meant using blood work to see hormone levels on certain days?

I hope you get answers too

I think your right about that. I think it is blood work. I have never done it so i'm not sure. I see my gyno tomorrow so hopefully I get some answers soon.

ok so I went to gyno today, he is doing cd testing on me. It is a blood test which is done on cd 3, if cd 3 falls on a Saturday then you go in Monday so they call it cd 3-5. and then you go back in on cd 21 to see if you have ovulated.

So I had a gyno app today. Feeling good about it. Well, about cd testing anyway. I thought it would be time consuming but it wont be. the test they do on cd 21 will tell them if I have ovulated or not (which I wont) and once they see that I havnt ovulated they will go to the next step. They will check my tubes to make sure they are clear. which will be nice to know. So CD150 today:growlmad: but I am feeling good about it because once my pregnancy test comes back and if its negative, gyno will give me provera to start a new cycle! :thumbup: Never thought I would be so happy to see a period come.

Hows everyone doing with Vitex?

So I had a gyno app today. Feeling good about it. Well, about cd testing anyway. I thought it would be time consuming but it wont be. the test they do on cd 21 will tell them if I have ovulated or not (which I wont) and once they see that I havnt ovulated they will go to the next step. They will check my tubes to make sure they are clear. which will be nice to know. So CD150 today:growlmad: but I am feeling good about it because once my pregnancy test comes back and if its negative, gyno will give me provera to start a new cycle! :thumbup: Never thought I would be so happy to see a period come.

I quit vitex it made me bloated, gained 4 lbs, tired, boobs were tiny bit achy and huge (got asked if pregnant). Went off it I believe three days ago now. Omg what a difference I have more energy, boobs are slowly going back to normal and I started hitting the gym need to loose this weight.

Googled vitex and weight gain apparently it can happen and it acts a lot like birth control in making you feel bloated, weight gain, tired, moody

I quit vitex it made me bloated, gained 4 lbs, tired, boobs were tiny bit achy and huge (got asked if pregnant). Went off it I believe three days ago now. Omg what a difference I have more energy, boobs are slowly going back to normal and I started hitting the gym need to loose this weight.

Googled vitex and weight gain apparently it can happen and it acts a lot like birth control in making you feel bloated, weight gain, tired, moody

I have gained a couple pounds also, but I don't feel that it was the vitex, change in diet I am sure.(been eating out 1 meal a day) I have not been tired because I started Maca the day I started vitex, and maca gives you lots of energy. And YES I am bloated, but I have been bloated for a few months and I have only been taking Vitex for one month. I think the difference between us, is that Vitex hasn't done anything for me yet. I think it was definitely working with your hormones and that is why you felt those symptoms. how long have you been on Vitex, not including FemMed? because I would definitely give it some time to work through a couple months. I am super excited you were feeling those symptoms because I believe that was the vitex sorting out your hormones.

CD107 and having some pinky discharge!!! Hoping that this is it!

I have gained a couple pounds also, but I don't feel that it was the vitex, change in diet I am sure.(been eating out 1 meal a day) I have not been tired because I started Maca the day I started vitex, and maca gives you lots of energy. And YES I am bloated, but I have been bloated for a few months and I have only been taking Vitex for one month. I think the difference between us, is that Vitex hasn't done anything for me yet. I think it was definitely working with your hormones and that is why you felt those symptoms. how long have you been on Vitex, not including FemMed? because I would definitely give it some time to work through a couple months. I am super excited you were feeling those symptoms because I believe that was the vitex sorting out your hormones.

I took vitex from cycle day 1 or 2 I think day 2... And I stopped maybe cycle day 10? My symptoms that vitex gave me went away after being off it for 3 days. However I tell you things I've noticed that changed since going off.

- more energy
- less mood swings
- no breast pain
- not hungry 24/7
- less bloated ( still am little because I have IBS)
- less depressed

Seriously I'm already a mood swing kinda girl (get sad easily) vitex made me very sad.

It may have helped bring ovulation forward but not worth it

Wonder if you can take it cycle day 1-10 like soy type thing

Babymad. When I took femmed I was very sad as well...I do think it was the vitex. Are you taking maca as well? I take maca with the vitex and it has really improved my mood, I am super happy now and have lots of energy. Maybe you can try maca with the vitex to see if that helps.
As for taking vitex for half your cycle, many people only take it until ovulation so that would definately work. I choose to take it all cycle so it helps with my hormones ALL cycle because my cycles are so long. Keep me updated

Finally CD1!!!! Yay!!! It took 2 weeks for vitex to work!!! I am so happy to see my AF!!! So that means I need to start tracking again!! Hopefully this cycle is at least cut in half! And more importantly I hope I ovulate this month!!!

Finally CD1!!!! Yay!!! It took 2 weeks for vitex to work!!! I am so happy to see my AF!!! So that means I need to start tracking again!! Hopefully this cycle is at least cut in half! And more importantly I hope I ovulate this month!!!

That is so good to hear, happy vitex is working for you. been taking it for 6 weeks with maca and still no period. I'm getting a prescription for provera on Tuesday so I know I will get mine within two weeks.

ashntony: Hey, how much mg of vitex were you taking? been taking it for 6 weeks and still no AF.

babymad: how are you doing, and what are you taking now?

anyone else with experience with vitex?

Hi all! :hi:

Thought I'd add my experience so far with Vitex. Started taking it end of Feb 2013 since I was having long cycles after BCP and no ovulation. First cycle after starting Vitex, I finally ovulated around cd30. This cycle I ovulated at cd20.

I've been taking 500mg/day in capsule form. I've also been taking other vitamins (prenatals, CoQ10, L-arginine, B Complex) so not sure if it's a combination of everything that has helped me ovulate and this last cycle 10 days earlier! :happydance:

The only real side effect I've seen from Vitex is some dizziness.

I take about 1000 mg a day.... one in the morning and one at night.

ashntony: Hey, how much mg of vitex were you taking? been taking it for 6 weeks and still no AF.

babymad: how are you doing, and what are you taking now?

anyone else with experience with vitex?

Well i took vitex and maca during first weeks after period and husband took maca most the time... i stopped caring (too busy and pissed off to care) and got pregnant hoping it sticks!

Can I join?

I'm taking vitex again :)

Fingers crossed we get our BFP's soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79