ttc with vitex (TTC#1)

Hi, ladies! I haven't bought vitex yet but I plan on buying it. I am currently on CD 88 and no sign of an AF..... i was taking Fertibella and it completely messed up my cycles and come to find out it is a scam. A lot of the links are dead links. Anyways I am going to buy Vitex tomorrow have to wait till DH comes home! I am really hoping that it help jump start me and gets my horomones straightened out.... I have been TTC since August of 2012! I am just ready for that BFP!!!

babymad: I take a lot of other things as well. I take Materna prenatal, b complex, vitex, maca, RRL tea (red raspberry leaf), baby aspirin, EPO(evening primerose oil), royal jelly.

Once I got off of the homonal balance from FemMed, I felt amazing, back to my old self.

Maca: I started Maca a week ago and I LOVE it. I have so much energy and noticed it the very day I started (I have been extremely tired for 2 months, everyday all day.) so i am happy about it. Also my libido has increased dramatically. Since taking hormonal balance I have had a low libido so I noiced a big change there:happydance: I am taking maca also to regulate my cycles. I started vitex the same day as maca.

I take 800mg vitex
750mg Maca, will be increasing does to 1500mg tomorrow. will eventually be taking 3000mg

Ashntony: CD 88 :nope: that is no fun, I know exactly how your feeling. The most frusturating thing when trying to conceive are those very long cycles. I am currently past CD 130, and it really sucks :growlmad:. Have your cycles always been long like that?

Ashntony: CD 88 :nope: that is no fun, I know exactly how your feeling. The most frusturating thing when trying to conceive are those very long cycles. I am currently past CD 130, and it really sucks :growlmad:. Have your cycles always been long like that?

It has been only been like that for about 3 years now...

3 years is long enough, I really hope vitex helps you. You should also try maca! I havnt taken it long enough to say it got me my BFP but It has helped a lot with energy and libido and has helped my mood. I think because it has helped my mood it has aso helped my stress levels. I have only taken it for a week and I feel so much better! Vitex takes 3 months to see full effects but maca works right away. I have read many theads of wome taking both. I am hoping my 130+ CD ends soon from taking these two items! I will let you know if it brings on AF. GL

I think I will! I am going to be taking Folic Acid, Vitex, and B12 along with maca then! I am hoping that this helps me get closer to that BFP!!!!!

let me know if you get AF after starting maca and vitex! FX and GL. Oh and le me know how you feel on Maca too, hoping you see benefits as fast as i did!

Hello all :),
I am new here (just joined today) im looking for some support, help, and advice.
i am ttc with #1. i have been on and off of bc for 3 years and decided to stop in october which is when i got my last bc induced period. I didnt get another and in beginning of december started spotting heavily all the way until i went to the doc in jan and on january 7th i took provera for 10 days and started my period on the 13th day (jan 20 i believe) i had my normal 6 day cycle. I havent seen AF since :( After doing extensive research i decided to try vitex. I have been taking vitex (natures way 400mg) 2x a day (morning and night) for about 9 days now. i had bad cramping on day 5, and spotting on the 6th day(that morning) of taking vitex, but it was light and only lasted for that one trip to the bathroom. now nothing else. im getting a little discouraged but im trying to hang in there bc ive read it takes a while to (months) to kick in. does anyone have and success stories or advice or anything to help me out? thanks a lot! :)
ps. i dont have pcos (as far as i know), i only really get periods if bc induced or provera induced. i am 240lbs and 6ft tall.

hey sorry for hijacking your thread, didnt realize I didnt answer YOUR question.
I have only been taking vitex for a week now, have been feeling little pains in ovaries but my period has not come yet, I think it will take time to kick in. Im currently on cd 135 so hoping it works soon. I also started taking Maca and have notice a huge increase in energy and libido. I feel GREAT. The maca should also help regulate my hormones. Maybe give it a try, its a vegetable so it is safe. couldnt hurt to try.

Hey kiwi love,

I stopped the fem med horomone balance 2 days ago. Apparently wild yam in it prevents conception. Not supposed to take it when ttc.

Been crying all night! Over nothing. Emotional wreck here! Just want AF took test it was BFN so AF.

Please start lol

On to just vitex and macA next cycle
Keep me posted both you ladies

What's with 130 day cycle is that normal for u?

well its not unusual I guess, it has happened before. but my cycles have been 74 to 76 days for the last year, only had 4 cycles last year. none so far this year. last mensus was dec 2. the two longest were 6 months and 9 month, my doctor put my on bc twice to regulate,only stayed on bc for 3 monhs each time. so first time i stopped them it took 6 months, the second time it took 9 months to get mensus. I wasnt trying to conceive then thank goodness!. i have been POAS like crazy, had two test turn positive witin 30 minutes, had some negatives after that. then had a positive within 30 seconds and then more negatives. I started a thead called " this evap looks like a BFP" I would add it to this post, but dont know how. if you want to take a look, its in the two week wait section.

Hey Kiwi,

Yes I had read that post before. That's so messed up about the tests. If I was you I'd go into the ER scream in pain .. And say you had several positive pregnancy tests but now ur in severe stomach pain and cramps. Sounds stupid but they will think your miscarring and run HCG test in blood. Only way ER docs listen and move quickly is you look like your dying in pain. I'm a nurse take my advice. This whole situation is ridiculous and you need to stand up for yourself and say your not leaving until you get answers this is your health. You need to do same with your family doctor. I guarantee you have PCOS also. You need to advocate for yourself with our afful healthcare system here in Canada because doctors in Canada don't listen to us unless we're demanding unfortunately

My doctor ran blood tests and all was fine. I went back to her a week ago and said I havnt had my period in 4 and a half months and she just said she didnt know anything about what to do about it and said only my gyno can help me, I asked her if she could send me for another ultra sound and she said i just had one in 2011 and it was fine and to wait for gyno, so no matter what I do she is not willing to help me.

As for my gyno, I have an app on the 30 and definately plan on making sure I get the tests I want. last time I seen him I wasnt trying to conceive, it was strictly about my irregular cycle. This time I know what I want tested because I know I have PCOS I have so many symptoms, but I also want to get testes fo endo... and other things that could be preventing me...I dnt want him to just put me on clomid and hope for the best. I want a diagnosis and treatment. I hope I get answers this time.

I hope you do too. Just doesnt make sense your positive tests.

So confusing

oh I know, it pisses me off that those tests did that. They should make then so that nothing appears at all unless there is HCG.
I am nervous that when I go to the Gyno, he will try and give me provera to start my period, and I will not take it unless I get an ultrasound done to make sure I am not pregnant, because like I said in another post; My mom was pregnant for 6 months before blood tests showed and HGC test never showed.

Hey Kiwi,

Really even blood tests? Wow insane.
So today I went to the whole foods store here in Oakville (Canada) and bought MACA its certified organic and each pill contains 590 mg of MACA in it. I also bought Vitex, each capsule has 400mg of vitex in it.

Now for the maca i plan on taking 2 capsules a day so thats 1190 mg a day. But with vitex do I take 800mg a day? I'm not going to start vitex till i get my AF which should start soon on cycle day 29 and now my temp has dropped really low.

Im worried however its not me its DH. Because hes a type 1 diabetic and his sperm i guarntee would be effected by this.

His doctor refused to test him and said that would effect it come back after 1 year of trying.

So stupid you have to waste a whole year trying before you get any help even.
I know you been trying way longer.

How u been doing with vitex and maca?

hey babymad

My husband is also diabetic, he takes metformine to control his sugar levels.

I agree with it being stupid to have to wait...especially if there are odds against you. I am so nervous for my DH SA because he has diabetes, he smokes, and is overweight, which all effect Sperm count. We will know by the end of the month.

I take 2x 400 vitex, they say 1000 is recommended but not more, so I will only take 2x 400 vitex, although last night I did take an extra in hopes of AF coming, but it hasnt and is no where in sight.:cry:

as for Maca, I started off with 1x 750mg of maca, you should work yourself up. I took the one pill for exactly a week and then went to 2x 750mg of maca, one in the morning and one at night. next week I will add the third one and the week after that will add a forth. 3000mg-4000mg of maca is recommended...im sure there are other sites recommending different amounts..my maca bottle says 2 pills twice a day so that is what im going on.

Since taking maca.
the first day I noticed an increase in energy, which was awesome due to the fact that I have been unusally tired for over a month. increase in libido as well...I love Maca and I dont think I will ever stop taking it. I feel amazing and it has helped my mood. I feel happier and less stressed.
p.s Maca is great for men too! My husband takes them and he notices an increase in energy too

Hey kiwi

Yes I too took it first time yesterday and omg i had so much energy. Before I took it I was exhausted within hours of taking it I felt so great.

:dust:oh I am so glad to hear that. That is awesome. Let hope this is what we need to get our BFP!!

So ladies is it ok to take maca, vitex, B12, and Folic Acid together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->