TTC Worst news this week

Wanted to wish you the best of luck!

I was also on depo and also have been ttc for 2 years! My cycles came back after 7 months (non stop for a few months) and the past 15 months i have had14-16 day cycles.

Regarding weight loss, i lost about 6lbs over 2 months (now 9stone 1 pound) and im on cycle day 17 !!! This is the longest ive managed to get my cycle in 2 years. I honestly think loosing weight seeing as DEPO stores in fat cells, really will help!!!

Good Luck!!!:thumbup:

Well what can i say? Myself and my husband have been TTC for 2 years and finally got appointments to see the doctors at the hospital for tests. We went for tests and my hubby got the all clear, they said to me obviously it'll be harder as i'm diabetic and i had the Depo injection and it would take time to come out of my system (totally fine with that) so, going to the hospital last thursday the doctor tells me i have PCOS and endometriosis. Well my world just seemed to stop totally, after all this time of trying and we get told it's going to be even harder!! Just kick me while i'm down why don't you body?? Eh?? So after trawling the internet to find out as much info as poss i need to now lose approx 2 stone in 3 months (not that i think 14st is too bad at 5"11)but the hospital says i need to get the weight shifted. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to lose the weight (i eat healthy anyway being diabetic) as we have gone to the extreme of buying ourselves bikes aswell and cycling every night for at least an hour!! Very very cold noses tho! It's also the depression i'm havng aswell i have mood swings from the pcos anyway but now it seems to be crying all the time!! I'm slowly running out of tissues in the house!! Any advice would be helpful just feel so sad after all this time. Thanks for reading sorry to blather on!!

Take a look at the eat right for your blood type book. Dr Peter D'Adamo, they have shown to reverse alot of different types of disorders.. I started it quite a few years ago and it really does work.

Right i'd like some advice if anyone has used them before, i'm on Clomid which seems to be working so far (got a result of 57) and i'll be going on Metformin aswell sometime this week i was just wondering if anyone else has taken these two together and what results you got? I've also been feeling and being sick over the last 4 days during and just after ovulation not sure what it is as we have been doing the hard work a LOT recently!!! The worst thing is i'm thinking it's a 50/50 chance as we have a sickness bug doing the rounds at work aswell!!! Not sure what to do on that front either! Any help/ideas/advice would be useful at this time not due on periods for another 2 weeks aswell so going crazy!! ](*,)

The absolute best best nutrition plan you can follow to get results quickly is Dax Moy's Elimination Diet. Its free online, google it.

It is way way way more healthy than Lighter Life etc, and much easier to stick to than Weight Watchers etc as no point / calorie counting. Plus because you're only eating good healthy stuff it will naturally help your body to heal, rather than just making you lose weight.

I know a lot about this stuff, so please do PM me if you need any help or advice.

Good luck.

X

Sorry this is crappy

I have been ttc for almost 2 years and the doctor said my weight might be an issue also I know you need a BMI of below 30 for IVF and mine was 34. I started at 15 stone 7 and I am now 14.7. I am doing an exercise vid called slim in 6 by beach body. Its hard, it hurts but I am getting results. 1 stone in 1 month only another 2 to go dont now if I should laugh or cry :)

Good Luck

It's a journey of patience and perseverance, that's for sure. I feel for you. I know it's hard to think of anything else sometimes when we feel deprived of something that is so important to us. Honestly, I've found distraction to be my best friend some days. Hope at the end of all this there is a bunch of babies for you.

Havent read all the thread but metformin has helped me balance out my bloods( type one diabetic) and usualy when i have my bloods in control i put on 15 kg not this time its helped keep it off

Fab thank you! I'm type one aswell so was a little worried it may cause weight gain (lost a stone and a half for clomid) when taking them but so far so good!!! :) bloods have been much better so it seems to be doing the job! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for pregnancy this year, seems to be the year of fertility as another of my friends is pregnant!!! That makes 5 in the last 3 months going to be busy with baby bits round the house for presents! LOL!!

Awsome not many type 1 that ive found out there the metform has keeped my weight steady still only 3 kg gain only problem im having with it is im so use to having so much insulin if i do usual old amount i go low as it helps my body better use it scary im on clomid in 2 more cycles if it doesnt work

I just wanted to let you know I was diagnosed with endo at the age of 19. I am now 34 with four children and TTC #5. So it is not impossible and plus getting PG can be the best thing for your endo!! GL!!

Awsome not many type 1 that ive found out there the metform has keeped my weight steady still only 3 kg gain only problem im having with it is im so use to having so much insulin if i do usual old amount i go low as it helps my body better use it scary im on clomid in 2 more cycles if it doesnt work

Makes me feel better that there's someone else aswell who understands where i'm coming from!!! Have you started the clomid yet then? I found that it's made my progesterone levels a lot higher which is a bonus but as we keep trying we still don't have any joy yet. We have decided that if we don't get any joy then we'll be looking at ivf just hoping it's not too expensive! Keep in touch, send me a private message if you want to talk more i don't mind! I find it easier!! :flower:

Hi

Im sorry to hear your news, I dont know what endometriosis is but dont get too disheartened regarding the PCOS, Id look at it as though your a step closer because you now know why you have been unsuccessful in TTC, i am in a similar position, I have PCOS and am therefore overweight, last year I was 17 stone and now im 16.11, not amazing but any weight loss shows the hospital determination, the hospital are always banging on at me to loose weight but in the same breath telling me how hard it is to loose weight with PCOS, I was prescribed Clomid last year and it worked on the second month of my increased dose of 100mg!! however I m/c at 6 + 1, im now back on the clomid and taking metformin too cycle 2.

Once they find the right medication for you then it will happen, it the meantime concentrate on your weight, I lost mine by cutting out coke (im a coke addict), walking my dog every morning and cycling on my nintendo wii (expert course) I also cut down my portions and made little changes like swapping white rice for brown rice, and instead of 2 slices of white toast for breakfast with a can of coke I have 1 slice of wholemeal bread with a decaf coffee.

Dont give up hope, I thought when I was told I had PCOS id never be able to conceive and although my bean is in heaven, it gives me hope that if it happened once it will happen again!! think of these women that have been told they will never have children.

All us PCOS sufferers will have our day's, it just takes us longer to get there.

I Hope you get your BFP & wish you all the best of luck.

P.S be forceful with the hospital otherwise they will always use your weight against you when really its penny pinching (if you are on NHS same as me xx

I thought that finding out i had PCOS was the worst time of my life but now it has to be this week! I lost my job yesterday due to miscommunication between staff and management! Basically one of the girls signed me out without looking in my bag before we left the shop and i've been sacked for it, not impressed as we were told to begin with she was able to sign staff out then we were told she wasn't, it's all been done unprofessionally and now have to look for a job! I can see it now i'll get pregnant before our holiday so won't be able to fly either it'll not be my year this year!!! Been stressful with us trying to have a baby let alone the stress of finding another job i just want one year to go well and nothing to go wrong! Is that too much to ask for????? Ah well at least on a good note tho the metformin i've been taking to help regulate my blood sugars has been doing a great deal so far! The hospital have been really pleased with my progress and say that now would be a perfect time to get pregnant as blood sugars are fantastic and i'm at a healthy weight of 13st 12lb so fingers crossed baby news after holiday!!! :cry:

So iv'e just come back from the hospital after my latest diabetic check up and the doc has now upped my metformin to four a day (2000mg) he also told me that metformin and clomid together can stimulate ovulation to get pregnant has anyone else heard of this? I've looked online and people have said they've had good results but i'm still sceptical! Can anyone else help if they have already tried or succeeded in this adventure will be more positive for me!!:flower:

for my depression my dr gave me welbutrin, I ended up loosing 25lbs in 4 months with out even lifting a finger - if you are on meds - a med change might help - if you arent and you have depression, you might consider going on them

for my depression my dr gave me welbutrin, I ended up loosing 25lbs in 4 months with out even lifting a finger - if you are on meds - a med change might help - if you arent and you have depression, you might consider going on them

I'll speak to my nurse when i see her next week. We've taken a back seat in TTC as we have been trying for 3 years so hoping our holiday in a couple of weeks may bring us some joy! I'm hoping aswell that we'll be able to have IVF it the clomid doesn't work but will have to look into cost as it can be very expensive where we are. Always keeping our hopes up but not too high!!:happydance:

Well its been an interesting week! I had a message from a pregnant friend this week asking me something really important, she asked "can you and your husband have our new baby (not born yet) as my last baby was taken away from me in my previous relationship. We know you can't have kids and thought it would be good for you guys to have one that's not your own....." I'm sorry i said i cant have your child as its yours and not mine besides, what the hell happened in the first place to have your first child taken away from you?!?!?!?!?!?! And no its harder because of the PCOS not impossible who the hell do they think they are sayin that???? I personally think that if you had your first child taken away from you keep your legs shut and sort yourself out before havin another one. Sorry rant over! Was very very upset when i was asked, yes it would be lovely to have a child in the house but my own not someone else's that'll be taken away in a few months when the heats off them.:growlmad:

Hello,
Sorry to hear about your challenges. I actually have the complete opposite problem, which is, I did not have a cycle for four years due to distance running. That said, I have taken Vitex to help normalize my cycles. I hear this is also good for PCOS, so you may want to give that a try. In terms of losing weight, running is always the most efficient way to lose weight. Though it seems extreme at first, I would recommend at least an hour to an hour and half a day; I usually try to dedicate a solid 1:20 minutes a day to exercise plus weight training three times a week for an hour. I'm much healthier now.

@Melly2 did the Vitex help? I have one cycle this year and I've always had issues with my weight too (more recently from running as well!!) i'm worried i will never get my cycle back!!!

Ok so me and my hubby have been ttc for 3 years now with still no avail, i was put on clomid for 6 months (next month last month) i'm now thinking i'm going to be having ivf next, has anyone any idea what it's like?? Does it hurt? Will it work for me as i'm diabetic also?? I think we have to pay aswell so i would like some idea as to what horror and terror i'll be facing soon enough!!! Can anyone help i'm really worried and scared at the same time. :shrug:

I lost my baby weight in about 10 months (4 stone) by doing weight watchers and going hardcore swimming 3-4 times a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->