TTCAL & LTTTCAL buddies - join me!

Les: I hope your wait for your Rainbow is not long! :hugs: I can't believe that you have to wait for another referral for your d/c - definitely not what you want to deal with at this time. I was going to have to wait 10 days for a d/c d/t my MD going on a vacation. I was able to speak to her the day after my appointment - and she ended up being able to squeeze me in the next day before she left. It ended up being the biggest blessing through everything. I didn't think I could make it that long - waiting for it to just happen. My thoughts are with you over the next few days. It is very difficult but ultimately it did allow closure for me. I have also had a natural miscarriage and for me personally the d/c was better.

flou: Any signs of AF yet? I hope not!!!

wifey: Do you have to do anything else at the appt Monday? I think the karyotyping decision is difficulty - I don't know what I would do in your position. My thoughts are with you :hugs:

AFM: Has anyone heard of urine progesterone tests? I found some on Amazon - they intrigue me. :haha: They have decent reviews. They are $40/pack of 10. You take one before ovulation, dpo 3, 5, 7 and further if needed. By 7Dpo - the line should be gone - this would show that progesterone is at least a 10. I have a theory that my progesterone is low as does my MD. This way I can at least test it a bit on my own and not have to bother my MD. I don't have real high faith that they will work. But we shall see! :) CD13 today - hopeful to O in the next couple of days!

I just heard about those on another forum and was intrigued. I scoured the internet back in 2016 after my first mmc when I suspected low P and those tests were nowhere to be found. I’m tempted to get them just out of curiosity even though I know I have low P from multiple blood tests :haha:

I will let you know if they work! I am excited to try. The worst that could happen is that they don't work or that they show my P is fine. I just want to know, and my MD isnt super easy to get labs out of.

Those do sound interesting! The more we can find out on our own, the better. I always wanted to try the hpts that have like 4 bars of BFP by level of sensitivity. I heard they're sucky though and don't really work as expected - but that would be awesome. Google those for fun sometime! I have no idea what brand they are though.

Good luck this cycle kiki! :) sending baby dust your way <3

AFM, no bleeding or spotting from the HSG. RE said everything looks great. I'm hoping to start BD every other day or so-ish. Used my ovusense for the first time last night - not as weird as I thought! Just put it in before bed, took it out before peeing in the morning. Really hope I O this cycle and it detects it ahead of time! I conceived CD30 with my only pregnancy, so it could be a long ride here. I think I'll give up at CD40 and start Provera if no O. Ugh - the thought of CD40, plus the time of taking provera and waiting for it to work makes me cringe.

Oooo Maybe I will have to look into the other hpts. I feel like it might make me a little more anxious tho? We shall see. My progesterone tests should arrive today. My OPK this AM was almost positive - so no luck on an early O as I suspect that it will be positive by tonight possibly or definitely tomorrow. Which would be right on schedule.

We shall see how this cycle works. I am really hoping for the best - but I don't feel real strong about it working out. But we will see. I do think that if my progesterone tests come back wonky, and I get AF, I will call my doctor and see their thoughts.

Wifey: Happy that everything went well with the HSG - I've never had one, but some people have said they can be painful? I really hope Ovusense works for you!! What kind of data does it show daily? Temp, pulse, etc?

Les: Thinking of you today - hopeful that things go as well as possible. :hugs:

Get that BD in kiki! :) Ovusense is only temp - but it's core temp, so that should be really accurate. It puts it on a graph like FF. I was thinking I should enter these temps in FF and see if they agree on O. Maybe I'll get ava soon and I'll be a night-time ovulation monitoring robot hahaha My HSG was not painful either time - the speculum is never fun but other than that, I didn't feel much. It was so fast, just like an IUI.

Hope you're well, flou! Any signs of a BFP or AF?

Leson, thinking of you so often today. :hugs:

Happy Saturday ladies!

Wifey: How's the ovusense working? Does it take a couple cycles to really start to work? The Ava bracelet did - had to "learn" your cycle. You should try to put them in FF - that was interesting to me! &#8230; "night-time ovulation monitoring robot" :haha: love it!

Les: Hope all is well after the d/c. I felt really good initially. I think it was day 4 that I had bad cramping - I think that I over did it though. I was pretty active the weekend after as we had a wedding and it was a holiday weekend. So try to take it easy - as easy as you can running after a 1 y/o! I also had very little bleeding, which also made it easier.

AFM: CD17 today. Ended up getting a barely negative OPK CD15, Positive on CD16, and barely negative this AM. So have been trying to get in lots of BDing. We'll see what happens. Not a ton of faith, but who knows! Took a progesterone test on CD16, so will take another CD20 or CD21.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hi ladies sorry I haven't updated sooner but I have been so busy this week. But I am very cautiously 5 weeks pregnant! I am trying to stay positive and relaxed. But this is my 5th confirmed pregnancy and only one earth baby so feeling very nervous right now. Especially as I have no sickness. If it wasn't for the sore bbs and missed AF I really wouldn't know im pregnant. Ive had nausea in all pregnancies straight away. So I don't know whether just to feel grateful Im not feeling grotty or worry about it.

Kiki I hope you ovulated and caught the egg. Fx!

Les I hope you are feeling ok after the d/c

Wifey im glad the hsg was ok. Some ladies say that get pg straight away after having one.

Flou: congrats!!! I hope so much that this is it for you! :)

Congrats Flou! That&#8217;s the spot I&#8217;ll be in when we conceive again too. It&#8217;s terrifying but still what we want all at once. At least it&#8217;s a chance yea? Not everyone gets that. It might lead to more heartache, but it&#8217;s also a chance to carry another baby to term. There&#8217;s absolutely no way to predict the future by symptoms or blood tests or ultrasounds, so all you can do is treasure the moment. That&#8217;s really all we have until the next moment. I do hope this is it for you.

Sorry I am doing well. D&C was easy. My little girl started walking last night. I&#8217;ve kept busy and that helps. Today we were supposed to go to the aquarium but instead I got stuck at home caring for CJ while DH buzzed about doing chores and not talking to me about anything at all. He clearly had a plan and was executing it so I let it go, but it led to me feeling rather down today. Not that caring for C makes me down. She&#8217;s wonderful. It&#8217;s more just getting back to our life, our routines, and it no longer involving plans for a baby in April. I had to step out and get some time for myself today. I left C with DH and drove to my favorite place with lots of treees and just sobbed. I wish it was cool enough to hike. It&#8217;s just hard getting back to my usual routines without also planning for a baby in April. I just don&#8217;t even want to be in our home right now. It just doesn&#8217;t feel right. It&#8217;s hard not to feel broken or less than when so many other people in my life are happily expecting surprise easy second babies without ever being touched by loss. It&#8217;s all just very hard, and I know you get that...and ugh my heart hurts to know that you all get that too <3.

Flou, congrats! So awesome <3 please keep us posted on how everything goes!

Les, I&#8217;m so glad you have CJ to always cheer you up. I know you&#8217;re going through so much. I&#8217;ll meet you at your journal once I can use my desktop. :hugs:

We had our consult today and found out our baby had Turners syndrome. Still so sad, but now we know. It was really just a fluke it was genetically abnormal, this wasn&#8217;t caused by us. We had a perfectly normal chance at having a healthy baby. As sad as I still am over this loss, I do feel ready and good about moving forward. Hoping our next BFP is a forever healthy and happy rainbow. Ovusense suspects I&#8217;m in an ovulation window, but I&#8217;m not convinced yet. We&#8217;ll see as the cycle goes on. It claims it could think it&#8217;s now, but if it turns out not to be then it will know that; and still keep trying to detect the next rise/onset of O. Going to get some BD in just in case :winkwink:

Kiki, hope your TWW goes quickly! GL!

Wifey: happy that you have some answers, and calming news that it was nothing you could have done to fix the outcome. :hugs: Fingers crossed that ovusense is right and it's your fertile week!

Les: I too found so much happiness with my LO after my d/c. She always made me smile!

AFM: CD20 today - currently 2 DPO. I should get crosshairs tomorrow AM if Temp stays up. I will do a progesterone test tomorrow AM. Looking forward to this TWW going fast!

Progesterone Test Update: So I am currently 5dpo - I took a progesterone test at 3dpo (it still had a second line - to be expected at 3dpo). I took a test at 5dpo, and no line! So this means:

1. I definitely ovulated.
2. Progesterone may not be my issue OR the vitex I took this cycle has started leveling out my hormones a bit and has improved my progesterone? I think the point of Vitex is to increase your LH which can increase your progesterone and helps level your estrogen. I could be wrong on that though. Lol. Weirdly enough my temps look much better this cycle. Typically they are a super slow climb up, and this cycle they popped up by 2dpo. We shall see though! I will take the progesterone tests again at 7dpo and 10dpo and see what it shows. If any this cycle is informative. Lol

Oh AND I have a dreaded baby shower tomorrow AM :( Unfortunately I just don't think I can miss it. I am just going to take DD with me and hide behind her. :haha: This girl does know my history but I just think I need to try to be there for her. We will see how it goes.

Good luck kiki! :)

Hope the shower goes easier than expected. :hugs:

not much to report here. ovusense took away my O window, so I'm probably not O'ing this cycle. I'm CD20. I'm a bit irritated. I thought I might have O'd on Wednesday; I had a lot of cramps and my back hurt, bb's got sensitive the next day.. now I'm pissed off and moody. So who knows. I hate this shit. My RE wants me to start provera on the 20th to get a period going - that's only CD26 for me. So he must not have faith in my ability to O. But, once I get AF we'll start with more testing and see what we can do to stim O.

Wifey: :hugs: I can't imagine how frustrating that must be to just not know what your body is doing. I am on the opposite side - my body is like clockwork but can't seem to catch an egg anymore OR carry another baby past 6 weeks. :( So frustrating for different reasons....I am sending so many positive thoughts your direction!!! At least with this next cycle you will have some monitoring again and can hopefully get the ball rolling!!

I am also feeling super moody today - not sure if its just the start of my super terrible PMS that I have seemed to have developed since my m/c in May or if I am just dreading this shower tomorrow so much that it is making me just angry. I really do feel bad that I don't want to go, she is my friend, but ugggggghhhhhh. I want to be happy for her but I just can't - for many reasons.

Kiki I'm not a big fan of baby showers. My work colleagues gave me one at work when I was pg DS and even though I was very grateful and humble for the time they put in I really just wanted it to be over. I kept feeling like I was tempting fate by having all these gifts for my baby. Anyway I hope tomorrow isnt too difficult for you and I think taking your DD is a good idea.

Wifey I hope your body gets back to a predictable cycle again soon.

Progesterone Update: Sorry to be hogging the thread for these updates. Lol

7dpo: negative &#8211; the second line was back!.. So I think what happens is that I ovulate, my progesterone peaks at 5po-6dpo, and then starts dropping which is what is causing my shorter luteal phase (11 days). So I am going to experiment now. Lol. My doctor would probably say this was stupid, but I am curious. So I have progesterone suppositories that my MD ordered for me and then some progesterone suppositories that my friend gave me (she had extra and will not use them before they expire.) I started those today (I know probably stupid). But my theory is that if by 7dpo my progesterone is already low there is no way that an egg even has time to implant! So I am going to supplement and see what happens. I will see how far my luteal phase goes and if it randomly gets to 12po &#8211; I will test and if negative I will stop. I have gotten positives at 11dpo on the 2 times that I've tested before AF. So I figure 12dpo may be safe. But we'll see.

If AF comes I am going to start Vitamin B6. I really feel like my issue revolves around my luteal phase. Partly because of these progesterone tests &#8211; I mean, if I am truly dropping that early how can an egg even implant...?!?

On the side of Vitex and my terrible PMS symptoms: It is much better. Last cycle I was syptomatic and felt awful from 4dpo &#8211; 10dpo. So far &#8211; I've been a little moody, but less cramping, nausea, etc. So I do think the Vitex has done a little something.

Again, sorry for hogging this thread with this crap, but I just needed to write this out and can't bring myself to go back to my journal as the last time I was there, I was happily pregnant with baby #2. :(

Quiet over here. Hope all is well. Kiki did you test yet?

I caved and checked Wed night and still a faint line on my IC so hcg still in my system. I would like to know when I O so I can know when to expect AF, but OPKs won&#8217;t work with hcg still in my system. Considering to see if bbt will work since my P is likely down by now. I O&#8217;d some time around cd17 or 18 with a +hpt still on cd14 after my first mmc. I&#8217;m cd16 today and feeling kinda crampy like I did when I O&#8217;d after my first mmc so definitely wondering if maybe that&#8217;s what&#8217;s happening. Just itching to know when I can get this show on the road.

Also starting to suspect maybe endo is affecting egg quality. Added antioxidants and turmeric to my daily vits/diet. Fx that helps but may see if RE would recommend a lap. I have some of the lesser known symptoms and it runs in my family.

Quick update - I tested at 11dpo, :bfn: . So I stopped my progesterone supp and AF came. So 12 day LP with suppositories..I have a new plan for this cycle. Lol. Will update with everything when I'm on my computer. I am currently CD2.

Les: what is leading you to believe that Endo could be a cause?.... I ovulated 20 days after my D&C. But only new because of a positive OPK and a little cramping. Very very little ewcm, etc. Not sure how fertile I would have been then even if we would have tried!

Ugh boo to bfns and af. That&#8217;s great that you could move on so quickly though. I&#8217;ll stop P around 12 DPO and have to wait until 18 DPO for my next cycle!

I actually think I did O late last week. My bbt is up. I can&#8217;t be for sure since I didn&#8217;t confirm that it had dropped, but you can O with hcg in the 20s and though the ic is still positive it&#8217;s definitely light enough to be 20 or less.

I&#8217;ve always suspected endo just bc of my family history, but I always thought it would just prevent pregnancy like it did for my mom. My losses and concerns over egg quality prompted me to research it more. Looks like I have quite a few of the other symptoms: low luteal P, lower back pain during af, IBS, worse allergies during af, hormone imbalance, loss, and women with endo are 6.5 times more likely to have hypothyroidism. I also met another women on her who recently had her Rainbow after a lap. Our cycles on FF always looks so similar (or at least our LPs did), and our journies were almost identical prior to treatment she was just a year behind me in terms of when she started. Well she had a lap for a fibroid and they found endo. Idk all of these things can be caused by something else and maybe it&#8217;s just coincidence but put it all together and it kinda looks like that could explain a lot of things all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->