TTCAL waiting (not so patiently) for our rainbows

Oh and I picked up babies heartbeat today. Found it twice before he/she wriggled away. So now baby has a nickname of scamp :) x

Hello everyone!

Yaye for a good scan Sil so pleased for you.

Had a really rubbish appointment with the mw. Started with her saying me, 'this is not your booking in app, I saw you recently'. I said yes and I had a mc that weekend after the booking appointment, she hadn't even looked at my notes. :( then she said ok we won't do much today as I don't want you to go through the booking in process in case it happens again. She asked me how far along I was and I told her I don't know as I haven't had AF since mc. She got her little chart out and said hmm ok so you are around 7+2 from the mc but I reckon you are more 5-6 weeks. Ok come back and see us in 3 weeks and we will book you in then and we will scan you at 12 weeks. So no early scan. So I think we are going to book a private one, I can't wait 5 weeks for a scan, the anxiety is getting to me. I told her I was anxious and worrying and she didn't seem bothered. My hubby is worried about having a private scan and all being ok then going wrong.

On a positive note the nausea is getting worse by the day, I'm feeling so awful I'm not sure how I'm going to try and enjoy Christmas at the moment.

Yaye for finding the hb babytots, I had a Doppler with dd but could never find anything until I was 15 weeks.

then she said ok we won't do much today as I don't want you to go through the booking in process in case it happens again.

That's a weird thing to say. Why do they bother booking in with anyone then, every pregnancy has a chance of ending in mc. That is stupid.

Hey ladies hope ur all well xx I just wanted to pop on and ask u all about digi tests - according to my LMP i should be 5 weeks today -- my digi tests (did one Sunday/ one last night / one this morning) are all coming up 1-2 weeks -- not seeing very good progression on digis - should be saying at least 2-3 weeks by now -- has anyone got any experience with them?? thanks ladies x am stressing & waiting for bleeding to start boo,hoo ......

at about 5 weeks I did get 2-3 on a digital that was when I got pregnant 3 years ago, but are you sure your 5 weeks your not having any fading symptoms are You? have you tried a pink dye test not frer..during this miscarriage frer remained dark for ages .the tesco own brand test was the first to fade in correlation with my dropping hcg. fx it's just digis being silly x

I don't find digi's very accurate Sunshine. With DD I got a 3+ before I was 5 weeks, turns out that was because my HCG levels were extremely high!

With my mc I got 1-2 for ages and then 2-3 the day before I mc.

This time I got a 2-3 when I found out (5 weeks) and 3+ this Monday just gone at 7 weeks, maybe I would have got the 3+ earlier but I wanted to be sure so waited a while.

Don't forget they use an average HCG on the conception indicator, even though the numbers aren't going up as you expect the pregnancy is still progressing well. Is there a chance you ov'd late?

Babytots where are you placing doppler? I have been trying to use my doppler and still haven't found baby's heartbeat. I am putting it down just above my pubic bone on a full bladder. My symptoms all randomly disappeared this morning, so it's making me really anxious and I want to find baby's heartbeat so badly.

Sunshine, digis were never accurate for me. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you can get betas drawn that is a much more accurate way to check for fetal viability. Do you think your doctor will run bloodwork?

Beck, how rude of the midwife! Sometimes doctors can be so insensitive :( hugs

Kelly, how frustrating about AF. Hopefully she ends soon for you!

Everyone else, hope you are well <3

Ffs typed a reply and it came up with an error. Hopefully can remember what I typed.

Beckster so sorry you had such a rubbish m/w appointment. She sounded very rude. Unfortunately unless you have had 3+ m/c they won't tend to refer you for an early scan. It sucks but if they offered an early scan to every woman who had suffered 1 miscarriage they would be inundated and using resources that could potentionally be used for a mum who has had several losses iyswim. I hope your private scan provides you with some reassurance. They are well worth the money :)

Glad to hear your symptoms are kicking in thats a really good sign.

Sunshine I wouldn't worry too much about the digi tests they really aren't that reliable given that women will produce hcg at different rates. I think sometimes they can do more bad then good causing unnecessary stress when everything is ok.

Begining to think I imagined my babies heartbeat yesterday as can't seem to find it now :( I know it was the heartbeat as the monitor went right up to the 150's/160's and I found it on seperate occassions but since its gone :( all I can hear is the placenta. Wanted to show DH or at least record it for him to hear. Guess will have to keep trying or wait til babies bigger. Its making me paranoid that babies heart has suddenly stopped which is ridiculous but I just can't imagine it turning in to a happy ending. Really hate the pal journey sometimes :( x

Sil I found it to the right just above my pubic bone towards my hip bone. It does take a lot of practise as baby is only about 2cm and plenty of space for him/her to hide. x

Yay found it again tonight :) was really hard to pick up as baby was right next to the placenta. Sil today I found it on my bikini line dead on the centre angled Slighty towards my belly button x

Yay babytots, so pleased for you! I am going to try again tomorrow. What doppler are you using? I have a sonoline b

I totally understand what you are saying babytots. I thought I might have been offered an early scan more because I got pregnant straight after the mc so dating might be a bit iffy. I don't think it is to be honest, I feel quite confident that I was having a normal cycle. Anyways private scan booked, 28th, so not long to go, yaye!

I have an angel sounds Doppler, loved using it with DD, will have to root it out again.

Sil with any luck you are just having a good day and the symptoms will be raging back tomorrow :)

Hope everyone else is ok, can't believe Xmas is nearly here, eek!

Hope you find it sil. Mine is a sonoline b too.

I don't think they give out scans for dating purposes now either Becks and just go on a rough date from the m/c. My 2nd angel was conceived straight afte losing my first angel and they wouldn't scan me either and had to wait for my dating scan. I think there are ao many cuts being made recently they are really stringent with their resources.

Hope the 28th comes round quickly for you.

Don't want to tempt fate but think I am turning a corner with this morning sickness. The past 2 days I have felt semi normal. My appetite is still awol though :( x

I am so excited! I have been using my Doppler every day since eight weeks and haven't found the baby's heartbeat yet. My symptoms started to go away yesterday so I was really worried. Today it finally happened; I found the baby's heartbeat!!!it was 162 bpm in the best sound that I have ever heard.

Beck yay the scan is almost here! Can't wait to hear how it goes. How far will you be then?

Babytots I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I'm the same way as of yesterday. It's nice to eat normal meals for a change.

Galvan, cami, Tasha, kelly, everyone else, hope you are well and check in soon :)

Yay fab news sil I bet baby was just hiding. Thats great your sickness is easing too mine still is bad in that I can't really eat full meals and have to force myself to eat but at least its not ruling my life anymore and I can get some housework done here and there and do things with the kids rather then me curled up in a ball on the sofa all day long. Dh is having to go to Tesco every night after work to pick something up for us to eat as I never know what I will want from one day to the next. Even my favourite meals I can't really hack.

Have a huge craving for prawn toast though lol and orange lucozade has become mym best friend. I had a lolly from asda yesterday blue raspberry flavour and oh my word it was heaven. Got one left but won't be able to eat it without one of my boys nagging for some lol.

Is everyone ready for christmas. I'm behind on so much since the sickness became so debilitating and trying to get the last few loose ends tied up now I feel well enough to sit at the computer. x

Hey ladies thanks for ur support when I was freaking out over the cb digi tests xx I just did one this evening & it said 2-3 weeks so its progressing yipee! & I feel like I might have a chance with this PG -- I just have to get a hb on the scan now on 30th fingers xd!! I read this study of 30,000 scottish women that found if u have a baby within 6 motnhs of a miscarriage there is less chance of a second miscarriage and less chance of complications -- so I'm hoping that will apply to me ......

Anyway Babytots & Sil delighted u got a hb!! Woohoo! Becks good luck for the 28th hun - mine is 30th & it feels like forever away!!

Hi to all the other ladies - hope ur all well xx

Sunshine congrats on 2-3! Great progress :)How far along will you be on your scan on the 30th? Can't wait to hear how it goes

Well my AF has finally finished! Got a stark white bfn so I know if I get a line in 3 weeks it's a new pregnancy :). We are doing smep and we started tonight :D. Now have to try and keep up with BD every other day... So not my thing, but hubby is in his element during O week lol!! The happiest week of his life!

waiting to hopefully ovulate too as the bleeding from the MC has stopped hoping for a January BFP , Jesus I don't think I could bd every other day haha . we have decided to use the preseed again, it was our first month ttc n it worked even though bean didn't stick around for long.

Yay fab news sunshine! Hopefully the 30th will Come round quickly for you I know I'm counting down the days til my scan now.

Kelly and comotion good luck with this cycle hope you both get sticky bfp's x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->