Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Hey girlies:hugs:

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing:flower:

Navy, I'm so very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing:cry: we're never ready to lose a parent:nope: I cannot imagine life without my Dad:cry: I know *time* eases the pain:hugs: blessings for you and your family.

Cj, I hope you finally caught that egg! You are one patient lady and it's high time you get your BFP:hugs: Hope your ovary pain subsides:nope:...cysts are the main reason I don't want to try clomid again...such a nasty side effect:cry: hopefully you won't have to take anymore!:thumbup:

Angie, good luck with the college books:winkwink: I think your plan to BD and not test, temp etc. sounds great! Hope you get your March baby:happydance::baby:

MrsC, welcome!!!:hugs: Hope your journey is a short one!:flower:

Jen, I'm so sad to hear of your situation:cry: it's good, however, that there's no baby to add to the pain. I'm sure you will find a man who will value and appreciate you and one who will be a good father for your TR babies:hugs: :kiss:

Galvan, I'm so excited to hear good news from you:hugs: WE NEED GOOD NEWS AROUND HERE!!:hugs:

MommaB, glad to have you back in the saddle with us again:happydance::hugs:

Brandy, how many injections to go? It's going to be sooo worth it:happydance::hugs:

Afm, cd9...staying super busy with our business and summer stuff! Time is flying by..each day seems about 5 hours long:wacko::coffee:

Hoping for lots and lots of summer BFP:flower:

I am sorry Jenafyr! :hugs: Navy, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! :hugs:

Jenafyr, sorry to hear about your relationship. I was married for 9.5 years to my jr high sweetheart and it was the hardest thing I had to go through when our marriage ended. It is amazing what you find out about a person and how much you change as you get older. I am lucky that we are still friends and work on things together for our children, but it is so sad to go through hard times. Hopefully you will find someone that shares your interests and that you can start another journey to have a baby with. I am excited to be starting this with my husband now. It saddens me to see anyone go through heartache.

Had my TR done at the Cleveland Clinic 2 days ago. Very sore today, more so than yesterday. Trying to keep moving and not get so stiff. Have 3 children of my own and hubby has 2. We have been together for 4.5 years and July 4th will be our 1 year wedding anniversary. We are excited to TTC, but advised to wait 2 cycles. Anyone in similar boat?

Hi Mrscmom my name is Mrstruth, I know I am late but I been a bit down (ill) the last two days. I have three kids currently, just celebrated my second year anniversary 6/11/13. My tr surgery was 2/7/12 and I have had three CM and on mc. Right now I am NTNP but in August we will start up again at trying. My hubby also have two kids also congrats on your surgery, my recovery was in no time

Been SUPER Busy here! Missed so much...Navy, my deepest sympathy for you! Jen-Sorry to hear about your break up....AFM nothing new, dh had a huge fight last pm, related to my son. figure he'll come around soon lol My App says AF is due Saturday, so I guess we'll keep fx'd :) baby dust to all!

Glad to hear time is flying by Faith! That should make this cycle fly by for you ;)

30 more shots to go lol... I will really start chipping away at the # come friday when I go to 3 injections a day Oh my.

This is a copy/paste of a countdown timer I have till egg retrieval HAHA

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

Brandy, after all these shots, you deserve a sticky bean!!

Faith, are you still travelling?

This cycle I am excited to try. I am usually just trying with no real push. The cycle I got pregnant, not once did I imagine or think, about being pregnant. I wish I could do that now, but I am not busy enough. :haha:
If I ovulate on time I will be able to test around my birthday (12th)... I am very excited. I am praying that God's timing and mine are meeting up in this month. I would so love to honor my best friend with a little one. I am going to pray, pray, pray... Also, my husband has started to pray with me before he leaves for work each morning. I can't explain just how much I love that guy. He told God this morning that he was going to pest Him until He gives us a baby..:dohh: I laughed at his insistence..
I hope you girls are doing well. I hope your shots coming up are not to horrible, Brandy and that you get your little one. I know I am impatient for you.
We are about in the same place in our cycle, Faith.. I am cd8 today. The tww is nothing compared to the week before o and the week after for me. I think that is my horrible tww.. The week before my flow isn't too hard to wait on.
Well, I am a talkative chick this morning. I think it is me taking a break from the computer.. ha ha.. I think it might make me too mouthy when I do get online..:blush: Have a good end of the week everyone!

Hello everyone. I've been silently following this thread for a little while but after my HSG yesterday I feel it is appropriate for me to ask if I may join.

Three years ago I had the Essure procedure done, despite the fact that I was at the time 24 and had never had children, because I was in a very abusive marriage to a man who never wanted children. The one time we did have a pregnancy scare he was going to do all he could to force me into an abortion, but I miscarried. It took him several years of manipulation and pressuring until I finally cracked, but three months after the Essure was put in we were forced to move back into my parent's home and I got the courage to kick him out of my house and out of my life.

Fast forward to now and I'm newly married to a wonderful man and we desperately want to start a family together. We were hopeful that one or both of the coils may have become dislodged when I began experiencing ovulation spotting and last month we had a CP that unfortunately didn't stick and I miscarried at 3w1d. My HSG yesterday shows that both coils are still in place (though they're obviously not blocking everything) so now all they're doing is giving me a dangerously high chance of an ectopic pregnancy and they're going to go.

I've been researching reversals nearly as long as I've had them inside me and it's looking like North Carolina Center of Reproductive Medicine (NCCRM) is my best bet. It means I and DH would have to fly across the country from California to North Carolina but to once again have a 60% chance of having a LO, we're willing to do whatever it takes. We are aware that even with the surgery it could fail and that would mean our only hope would be IVF, but because we don't have health insurance that would cover it we're hoping and praying that it doesn't come to that. (I mean no offence for those who are currently going through IVF)

I'm hoping that I can perhaps connect with some of you here who have been or are going through similar situations... I know that Essure reversal isn't very common and that my chances aren't very good... but the hardest thing for me with everything going on is that I feel alone in my struggles.

Sorry for such a long intro.

Kuawen, WELCOME!!! Most of our chances are pretty low but we are all doing everything we can for the chance at little ones.. The only difference between us is that I have never heard of anyone getting their tubes blocked before they have children. That must be a difficult thing for you. I don't know much about the Essure procedure.. I think I remember reading in a Dr. office that is a pretty good procedure for getting fixed. Can they not just be removed or does it permanently damage the whole tube? I don't know very many people that have IVF insurance. I don't even know many people that have tubal reversal insurance coverage.. If you have coverage for that then you are doing well because I think most of us paid between 5 and 10 thousand for reversal surgery. You are a lucky woman to have coverage if you do. :thumbup:

AFM... I will probably o on my right side this month... lol... my blocked side.. I am getting in the baby-dancing mood so I know it will be here soon.. I sure do hope and pray that quite a few of us get our double lines this month!!

Oops I'm sorry if I gave the impression that our procedure will be covered. We will be paying out of pocket for ours (we're looking to get the CareCredit card actually) and it's going to be at least $6250. It's a lot of money but we've been quoted about three times as much for IVF...

Essure is actually being touted as one of the worst procedures for being reversed. All the doctors I've spoken to in my area have said that it can't be reversed or that I'd have to have a hysterectomy to get the coils out. Since the metal coils block the fallopian tubes right at the part where they meet the uterus they're going to have to dettatch the tubes, remove the coils and damaged tube, and then reinsert what's left back into the uterus either at the original place or making a new opening below that. Most surgical centers I've researched have only a 29% success rate after the surgery but NCCRM has had a 60% success rate because they use stints to ensure that the tubes are open at the time of surgery.

Oops I'm sorry if I gave the impression that our procedure will be covered. We will be paying out of pocket for ours (we're looking to get the CareCredit card actually) and it's going to be at least $6250. It's a lot of money but we've been quoted about three times as much for IVF...

Essure is actually being touted as one of the worst procedures for being reversed. All the doctors I've spoken to in my area have said that it can't be reversed or that I'd have to have a hysterectomy to get the coils out. Since the metal coils block the fallopian tubes right at the part where they meet the uterus they're going to have to dettatch the tubes, remove the coils and damaged tube, and then reinsert what's left back into the uterus either at the original place or making a new opening below that. Most surgical centers I've researched have only a 29% success rate after the surgery but NCCRM has had a 60% success rate because they use stints to ensure that the tubes are open at the time of surgery.

Welcome! Anytime is a great time to join... Now where we all want to be but its really a supportive place so you dont go it alone :)

I would seriously recommend Dr. Monteith at Chapel Hill. I can't say enough good things about them. If you have not already read the article you will want to. https://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/essure-reversal-doctors

Its in NC and I flew there from Oregon for the surgery. Although I have had issues getting pregnant I knew going into it that the chances of me ending up with really short tubes was a chance I was willing to take.

I remember seeing a place in New York called the Shady Grove Fertility Center. They have different types of IVF and charge as low as 5500$ according to how much/little medicine you have to take. I thought very seriously about going there, but wanted the opportunity to conceive more than once if I could get it so I opted for reversal surgery. The coils you have on your tubes sound like they are pretty tough. We also got a credit card for my reversal. I have heard a million ladies say the same thing as Brandy... Chapel Hill gets the most consistent positive results.. Don't go to the Reproductive Center in Charlottesville Va... :haha: That's where I went.
The surgery you are looking at is more in depth than mine. My tubes were cut/tied/burnt.. I wasn't allowed to do that until after I had two children and even then had to sign a contract in advance in case I changed my mind. I can't believe a doctor's office would allow you to block your tubes without a live pregnancy. I think I am as old as dirt..:blush::haha: They used to not allow you to do that.

Well I am feeling much better this week. I went back to work just still tired here and there. Not sleeping well at night, but think that is not surgery related. Hubby and I DTD last night :winkwink: He is so funny. He kept telling me that we should wait, well that didn't last long. We talked about it and we are not going to go crazy and time everything, we are just going to let things happen here for the first few months and see how it goes. I am not in a hurry to have a baby, but will be excited whenever it happens.

I think most of us say we are just going to relax & let it happen....Until AF shows up after the 1st cycle ttc, then we are sad & go into overdrive mode! lol I know that's how it went for us in the beginning. Now after 8 cycles, we are finally at peace with accepting whatever is in God's will & have started enjoying life & each other again. Hoping we are blessed soon :)

Welcome!!! I chose Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal center too. Check out the April Showers thread. One of the ladies there had an essure reversal and was pregnant pretty soon!

We all say we will take the relaxed approach but I'm over the top obsessed now. I wish you more luck than I had with that

Brandy, with all those shots, you can't help it!! Lol. Good luck sweetie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->