Tummy muscles feeling tight?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Jetset, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jetset

Jetset Well-Known Member

I have just put a post up saying I have no symptoms, I have gone to make myself a cup of tea, stretched out and felt all my lower tummy muscles tighten and feel as though they are pulling? They are now aching a little bit after doing this.

Is this something to do with pregnancy?

2. nickyXjayno

nickyXjayno Guest

My tummy muscles still do this.
    They are very tender and are easily pulled and stretched.
    If I move to quick in bed my tummy pulls and hurts.

xxxx

3. Jetset

Jetset Well-Known Member

Yes... I am exactly the same.

Woo hoo, I have a symptom :D

4. xCharlyx

xCharlyx Pregnant with baby no.2!

Yep me too! The midwife said it feels really tight and sometimes a bit sharp and twingey because eveything is trying to stretch to make room for the baby :baby:

5. Laidee

Laidee Well-Known Member

I'm feeling the same way. I woke up this morning feeling like i had been doing some crunches. Sounds like its a good thing :thumbup:

6. chubster

chubster Hopefully pregnant

I sneezed a couple of times the other day and felt like i had ripped all the muscles in my tummy!

7. Brynden

Brynden Well-Known Member

I'm just 4 weeks today but I can already feel my tummy muscles are a little tighter...having on and off mild cramps every now and then too - are you ladies having cramps?

8. annie25

annie25 mummy to 2 miracle boys x

sneezing is the worst lol!!! xxxx

9. _Elizabeth_

_Elizabeth_ Well-Known Member

I also have really tight and sore tummy muscles when I streach. I have had cramps on and off since I found out I was pregnant. Im about 8 weeks now and from what my doctor has told me,mild cramps are normal in early pregnancy

10. Brynden

I sure hope they're normal... I keep expecting to see AF...and haven't...and hopefully I won't!!!! But the cramps feel like maybe she's coming.. but it's on and off and a little bit milder cramps than usual and not all the time...

11. xsarahxxannx

xsarahxxannx Mother of 1 & pregnant

Hi hun, I am getting the same thing! I have posted asking about the cramps since I was really worried about them, but everyone has made me feel a lot better saying that it's normal.
    I started getting mine the day of my expected period (3 days ago) and still had them today. They come and go and they just feel like I am about to start my period at any moment.

12. Newlywed52810

Newlywed52810 Pregnant with our first!

I am getting the tightness/pulled-muscle feeling a lot the past couple weeks too! Especially when I stretch and get out of bed.

13. saphire76

saphire76 Well-Known Member

I have cramps too like period cramps but I had that with my last pregnancy so that doesnt scare me but i have tightness in my abdomen now it's weird. Hoping that's normal. I'm 5 weeks

14. Brynden

Now that we're all a little further along - wondering if you ladies are still having cramps? I get them occasionally...usually in the evenings more but they seem to be happening a little less... any other symptoms ladies who are around 5-6 weeks??