Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Thejoie, you are so right :). Your optimism is so encouraging! We will all figure it out and you really have to get into the water to test/develop your swimming skills :). Thats cool that you are in medicine too! I am a physician, in residency. its a lot of fun and i love my job. But ive always been family oreiented and am excited about this new chapter :). Be encouraged about ovulating! You are young and healthy, and im sure will ovulate!!! Our bodies are so tricky sometimes and Sometimes our systems can take some days to readjust the cycle post contraception you know. Youre on top of it and i know you'll be just fine :winkwink:!

Good luck with residency! A few years ago, I worked as a trauma floor RN at a level 1 trauma hospital so I have had a LOT of residents work alongside me. It's grueling but amazing just to be emerged like that. What rotation are you on? Are you going into a specialty?

CD 11.... going out for Halloween. Last chance at a slutty Halloween for me hahahaha.... we are all dressing up as different Pokémon. Have I mentioned we are huge dorks?!

Hi everyone!
I've read everyone's posts and my journey sounds very similar :) I'm 34, I work as an RN in the OR. I was previously married in my mid 20s but he was not my true match. I married my true match a month ago after five years and this month we decided to start really ttc. I have been tracking w fertility friend for almost a year just to get my cycle mapped out. This month I used clear blue opk. I got a positive on day 18. I was testing in am but read that first morning urine misses o a lot of the time I decided to start doing it twice a day. Yesterday morning it was neg but mid afternoon I tried again and got my positive. So now it's wait time until Nov 11 . I unfortunately keep reading up on infertility and have started to create doubt in my mind :-( so happy I found this group!

Hi everyone!
I've read everyone's posts and my journey sounds very similar :) I'm 34, I work as an RN in the OR. I was previously married in my mid 20s but he was not my true match. I married my true match a month ago after five years and this month we decided to start really ttc. I have been tracking w fertility friend for almost a year just to get my cycle mapped out. This month I used clear blue opk. I got a positive on day 18. I was testing in am but read that first morning urine misses o a lot of the time I decided to start doing it twice a day. Yesterday morning it was neg but mid afternoon I tried again and got my positive. So now it's wait time until Nov 11 . I unfortunately keep reading up on infertility and have started to create doubt in my mind :-( so happy I found this group!

Welcome!!! Congrats on your positive opk!! As much as I loved my iud, I really wish I wasn't figuring out my cycle as I'm TTC... it really makes it hard and makes me doubt everything! So that's awesome that you have a years worth of charting! That will help immensely! I completely understand the infertility concern.. I have so many friends who had a hard time conceiving and it really scares me. I have so much admiration for women who do this for years... in the month that I've been trying I am absolutely blown away by how obsessive I've become... my type A personality is partially to blame but this truly does consume you....

Anyway- I'm glad you joined our lil group! It's been such a great support.

How are you ladies doing today? I drank a little too much last night so today is a lazy day... definitely wouldn't mind getting pregnant and not drinking for another 9 months :dohh:

I decided I'm gonna start twice a day opk's, last month I had two days of positives but I don't know if that was a fluke or if that's how it's always going to be. Until I know my cycle better, better be safe than sorry...

I'm very happy... I was slightly annoyed because my opk's seemed lighter than last month but today- they definitely darkened up!!! I should be getting a positive tomorrow! Definitely made my day!

Attachments

• IMG_9264.jpg
    IMG_9264.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
Welcome Purple.
Good luck with you opk thejoie.
I think checking the opk twice a day is a good idea as ovulation happens in narrow window.
Afm, I'm not opking just temping this cycle. Still waiting for the cheap ovulation tests to come I the mail. According to my app my fertile days starts today so I should be ovulating soon. Baby dust to you all.

Welcome Purple.
I think checking the opk twice a day is a good idea as ovulation happens in narrow window.
Afm, I'm not opking just temping this cycle. Still waiting for the cheap ovulation tests to come I the mail. According to my app my fertile days starts today so I should be ovulating soon. Baby dust to you all.

Illa when you check opks twice a day what times do you check? Right when you get up in the morning and just before going to bed at night? I'm excited for you that your fertile days are starting now! I'm CD17 and am thinking I may have ovulated Friday! We were planning to wait until November to start trying but I'm so excited I wonder if he would concede to starting to try earlier :winkwink: hehe. Wishing you all of the best!

Also thejoie your book collection photo is absolutely adorbs! You are all over this! That line does look darker for sure!!

Stupid autocorrect! That should read "your OPK photo collection" not "your book photo collection" lol.

Perky- I love the opk's! It's great to compare and find patterns.
BTW I LOVE pathology... pathophysiology was my favorite class...
I test twice a day in the morning and usually after work about 5pm when I'm approaching my ovulation day (about 2 days before) I also have a digital clear blue ovulation predictor which I love because it gives me a smiley face confirmation. I love the encouragement haha!!

I'm very happy... I was slightly annoyed because my opk's seemed lighter than last month but today- they definitely darkened up!!! I should be getting a positive tomorrow! Definitely made my day!

Oct 30 isn't positive? How can you tell when they are positive?

Oct 30 isn't positive? How can you tell when they are positive?

It's gotta be as darker or darker than the control line. That one isn't quite there yet. I did a digital and it was negative. I'm going to do another one tonight before bed. But I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day.

Really upset today. I got up at 4 am to temp and needed to pee. Did my opk with my first morning urine and it was MUCH lighter than my last one!! What the heck?!?! My temp is still low though so I know I didn't ovulate. I was pretty frustrated and couldn't get back to sleep so I did a little research and found that first morning urine isn't good for opk's- apparently the LH surge would occur in the morning/afternoon so it's actually better to test between 10-2 sooooo I have my opk's with me and will be testing at work.

Hope you guys are having a better Monday than I am.

Really upset today. I got up at 4 am to temp and needed to pee. Did my opk with my first morning urine and it was MUCH lighter than my last one!! What the heck?!?! My temp is still low though so I know I didn't ovulate. I was pretty frustrated and couldn't get back to sleep so I did a little research and found that first morning urine isn't good for opk's- apparently the LH surge would occur in the morning/afternoon so it's actually better to test between 10-2 sooooo I have my opk's with me and will be testing at work.

Hope you guys are having a better Monday than I am.

Yes the same happened to me! I tested in am had a negative, retested after work at 4 and got a positive! Small window though as next day I was back to negative.

Purple- that's so weird!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one though!! I'm counting down till I can test again. I'm gonna try to make it one more hour... I did bring two strips with me though so I can test again later in the day haha... I'm just a little obsessed...

I actually didn't know that about opk's... but going forward I won't be using morning urine.

Sorry to hear that your morning was not off to a great start. I am sure you will catch your peak :D
Good luck testing and keep us posted.

Welcome Purple.

Illa when you check opks twice a day what times do you check? Right when you get up in the morning and just before going to bed at night? I'm excited for you that your fertile days are starting now! I'm CD17 and am thinking I may have ovulated Friday! We were planning to wait until November to start trying but I'm so excited I wonder if he would concede to starting to try earlier :winkwink: hehe. Wishing you all of the best!

Thanks Perky,
I haven't been checking opk's but I have heard that its best if you check it mid morning and evening.

Are you trying this month, or are you waiting to try next cycle? It would be good to get to know your cycle before you start. I wish I had been tracking my cycle few months before TTC

11am opk was darker than this morning but still not as dark as yesterday. Last month I got a positive opk the night of CD13 so here's to hoping the same thing happens! Gonna test again at like 5. Just trying to do a longer urine hold. 4.5 hours to go.

Thejoie, testing at work sounds like a great idea! I'm sorry the test from the morning was a dunce :-(. However, I 100% believe that testing midmorning would be better. Many other hormones in our body, like growth hormone, and other steroid hormones (LH, FSH, progesterone are all steroid hormones if I remember correctly) are at peaks at different times of the day. So it would make sense that testing at the wrong time of day would give you an inaccurate answer. Great job with your research! Let us know how the afternoon OPK goes. I may be taking mine to work too (when they get deliered) since my hours are a little zany, lol. Good luck!

Illa, that's great advice, thank you! My bbt comes in today so I'll probably start temping tomorrow as well. My hubby and I decided to go ahead and start trying officially as of last night!

Also, ladies, my copy of the "Impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant" came in the mail. I just started it and love it so far! I think reading it will be a nice distraction from wondering if I'm pregnant yet lol. Unrelated, I've been nauseous for the last 48 hours but it's much too soon I know. I took a preganancy test yesterday (knowing it would likely be negative) and it was a BFN, lol. Diagnosis: most likely reflux ;-). And good grief I seriously have a ton of pathology reading to do and now this is all I can think about! Ergh!

What helps get your mind off wondering if you're preggers? Please do share!!! xoxo and good luck you all!

First of all- I just hit "previous post" instead of "post quick reply" so my loooong post got erased. Let's see what I remember- I was mostly ranting...

As for what I do to pass time- it's this...keeping up with other people's pregnancy journeys helps me stay sane. I work out every day, that's probably the only hour of the day that I'm not thinking about getting pregnant.

Today- I work 12 hours... at a slower clinic. I had 4 patients this morning, 1 scheduled for the afternoon, and 3 for this evening. Last time I was here I saw 31 patients!!! Where is everyone?!? I'm literally walking in circles. May as well walk a few miles while I'm here! Thank god for the internet and this forum.

Perky- congrats on the "official" decision to TTC! It's such a big step! My husband and I had a long engagement and he actually suggested we have a baby before the wedding. I voted that suggestion. He's been ready for forever... way longer than I have.
Glad you're enjoying the book. I may re-read it myself. Good luck with all the reading. Gosh- as much as I love school... I don't miss those ginormous books!!

Rewriting this post took a little time, 4 hours till next opk! Oh boy... haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->