• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

This was last months opk's they were so obvious. I'm gonna do another hold and try the digital opk in 3 hrs

Maybe the low temps mean your body is getting ready to ovulate. When reseraching my issue, I was told that the temp dips 2 days before O and then spikes afterwards, so maybe you will get a positive over the next few days.

Thejoie, my word you were up early today! Good luck ovulating! I started a new rotation today and I love it so far! So I've been good so far today lol. Today's OPK looks somewhat darker but I see your confusion when you look at how much darker the control line is. You know what, I think you are probably ovulating now that your temps are higher. I agree with Illa's thinking. Also, my brother and sister in law just informed us that they are expecting baby #1, 13 weeks, and the one tip off that led them to do a pregnancy test was the fact that she felt "warm". My brother said that my sister in law is usually cold to touch but felt "hot" for days on end. Not nausea or anthing else (go figure!). Voila, she was pregnant 6 weeks! Progesterone (the hormone released after ovulation) mimicks HCG (the placental hormone) in many ways and so I would trust your temps if you feel like your OPKs this month have been unreliable.

Illa, that's awesome that you are ovulating! Don't be discouraged at all, remember that fertilization can take place even days after ovulation :). Remember that these things are not entirely absolute, so you're ovulating today may literally be later this evening ;-). I'm cd19 and waiting on my opks too. I went with the Wondfo brand. They were really cheap too. We'll see!

Purple, I know the feeling! I am post ovulation day 5 today, cd19 and I'm itching to test. I got a BFN when I tested on post ovulation day 3, lol. So I told myself I will wait until Sunday, post ovulation day 10 to test. The test I bought, the walgreens brand test, says that it's 99% accurate 4 days before my period so I hope the results will be reliable by then. We will see if I make it that far though, hah

Blessings to all for at least one BFP this month!

Perky- my temp today was low actually... I'm wondering if it's the dip that Illa mentioned. I thought it was a myth and most women don't actually dip but we will find out the next few days... Sunday seems a million years away for you but it will be here before you know it.

Illa- I sure hope so- that makes sense to me. I am so glad I have you guys here as a sounding board.

Yea- I get up every day at 4 to temp. It sucks because sometimes I can't fall back asleep right away. It's better than when I was waking up at 5 to temp though...

We are going to a Blackhawks game tonight. I have NO idea how I will have the energy to BD. My poor poor husband.... haha...
He's supposed to be in Cleveland for a work trip Wednesday so he has to fly out early.
I told him that these are fatherhood sacrifices he's gotta make a little early!! He's been awesome through all this. He knows my type A personality takes over and he just goes along for the ride.

Thank you ladies for all the support. Seriously.

Perky, happy to have a buddy who's not far off from where I am we can do the tww together. Sunday does feel far! I just ordered some strips on Amazon so I won't feel guilty testing a little early :)

Joie, enjoy the hockey game tonight! I'm with you on the temping at four am I also set an alarm but the last two nights I woke up a few times throughout the night always happens when I set an alarm and feel it's for something important lol

Thank you Perky for the support.
I never thought TTC would be this complex and emotionally draining. I honestly can't keep my sanity if it isn't for these forums. It's great that we have each other here for the support
Perky and Purple, keep yourself busy so you won't be tempted to test early.. yay for test buddies.

Hopefully, depending on when we ovulate, Joie and I can be test buddies as well.

Good luck this month everyone!!!
Have fun at the game Joie

Taking a break from work. Woops! I didn't read Illa's later post, lol, Thejoie. If you don't mind my asking what is the advantage to testing at 4am? Are your reads potentially more accurate? I just started tempting today. Enjoy the game today! The break would be a great positive distraction temporarily I hope

I'm grateful to have you all to discuss our efforts with too. My sweet hubby is a great listener, but I'd rather not discuss the details of some of this madness if I don't have to lol.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies on this TWW. Yay for TTC and TWW buddies!

Your basal body temp is the temperature of your body at rest. That temp is the most accurate when done with a minimum of 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. You take the temp before getting out of bed or doing anything else really. My alarm goes off- I reach for my BBT and temp! I do mine vaginally because I can be a mouth breather wen my allergies flair up...

My husband actually asked "what's the urgency to get pregnant now?" And my reply was "my sanity is at stake..." lol....

Thanks for sharing! That makes a lot of sense :). Also, lol at hubs! I'm sure mine is wondering the same thing too haha. I swear I didn't feel this urgency a month or two prior and now, here I am. :shrug:. Almost done with work, Wahoo!!!

I have a cute simple website to share ladies: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-calendar/your-first-trimester-week-week

Its what to expect during pregnancy week by week amd what to start doing each week. I have no idea how i stumbled upon it, but its really short, simple, and kinda helpful! For example if you believe in the flu shot going ahead and getting it now (i didnt think of that). I also didn't know that you shouldnt be cleafing pet litter/droppings. Although it makes sense with the risk of inhalation of certain fungal spores... Anyway, check it out if you want to waste more time :winkwink:.

Good news: my opks just arrived! Bad news: ive been crampy for the past 2 days now. Like AF crampy... :wacko:. AF is not supposed to be here till next wednesday 11/9, so im trying to be hopeful still even though i missed time with hubby on ovulation date and the day afterwards.

I felt bad cramping pains this morning and I thought they were ovulating pains, although I've never had them before. Also found myself spotting, which once again I though was linked to ovulation. But it just seemed to get worse to the point I couldn't stand it any longer. So went to see the doctor and I have a uti. I told the doctor I was ttc so she gave me an antibiotic that would be safe, but I still think I'm out this month. Good luck to everyone else. We need a bfp

I felt bad cramping pains this morning and I thought they were ovulating pains, although I've never had them before. Also found myself spotting, which once again I though was linked to ovulation. But it just seemed to get worse to the point I couldn't stand it any longer. So went to see the doctor and I have a uti. I told the doctor I was ttc so she gave me an antibiotic that would be safe, but I still think I'm out this month. Good luck to everyone else. We need a bfp

Illa I'm sorry to hear about the UTI :-(. Feel better! Has the antibiotic started to kick in yet? I hope so. My OPK I did this evening was dead negative (faint line much paler than the control line). So I'm guessing I must have ovulated last week while I was out of town, like I speculated. Nevertheless, keep hope alive still even for this cycle! And I suppose if not this cycle there is always next time and we have a more robust armemantarium now thankfully!

I Will say a prayer for all of you sweet ladies for baby blessings. Your future children will be grateful for mother's who loved them enough to put this much patience (or impatience lol!), attention, and love to bringing them into this world. Great job!!!:thumbup:

My husband is going to Cleveland for work and he's gonna try to get a ticket to the World Series. He's a huuuge Cubs fan. Gonna try to BD tomorrow morning early before his trip. We BD'ed last night. I didn't get a positive opk today- so hopefully if we BD tomorrow morning it will cover me if I get a positive opk tomorrow and then we can BD again on Thursday...
Man- planning sex is hard...

Illa- oh no.... UTI's are horrible. you're due to ovulate any day now too...that's just unfortunate timing!!

Perky- it ain't over till AF shows up!! Thank you though for those kind words...

Temp spike is here. I have no idea what that means seeing as I have never had a positive opk or digital. I'm buying new ones if I'm not pregnant

AND to make matters worse- I was planning on BD this morning as DH was too tired last night and he wasn't feeling it this morning. Seriously?! I wake up every damn day at 4am to temp, I almost choke on the disgusting prenatal every night for the past 4 months, I scour the internet and read books and spend every other minute of the day wondering and worrying and you can't do your part?!?!

I'm done talking things up. I was proud of my opk chart and that went to shit and I mentioned how great DH was and that went to shit too.

I'm even MORE frustrated and mad now

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpg
    IMG_9290.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
Temp spike is here. I have no idea what that means seeing as I have never had a positive opk or digital. I'm buying new ones if I'm not pregnant

AND to make matters worse- I was planning on BD this morning as DH was too tired last night and he wasn't feeling it this morning. Seriously?! I wake up every damn day at 4am to temp, I almost choke on the disgusting prenatal every night for the past 4 months, I scour the internet and read books and spend every other minute of the day wondering and worrying and you can't do your part?!?!

I'm done talking things up. I was proud of my opk chart and that went to shit and I mentioned how great DH was and that went to shit too.

Thejoie, thabks for your encouragement. I feel a bit more encouraged today. I spoke to my dad yesterday about my sister in law and brother being 16 weeks pregnant and he started telling me how fertile my mother was lol (she had 4). It was encouraging and sweet :).

Regarding your OPKs, what if this temperature spike on 11/2 is THE temp spike you get after ovulating? Because it looks like your temps were gradually trending down then out of nowhere, you have a spike this morning. so I'm inclined to wonder if you just ovulated, like overnight maybe? This OPK reading is hard. I feel like I need yet another degree to interpret the flimsy sticks lol. Cheer up about DH. Every source I've read says at least if you are having sex every other day, or 3 times a week, you should be fine. Sperm can survive in the vagina and cervix for up to 3-5 days so it will be ok. He'll probably miss you when he is out of town then you will makeup ;-)

Thank you Perky and Joie.
The anitibiotics have kicked in and I already feel so much better than what I felt last night. My temp is still low today, so I will most likely ovulate tomorrow as I initially thought.
The doctor assured me that the antibiotic was safe for when TTC and during pregnancy, but I am debating whether or not I shoudl Bd tonight, so just let things be for this cycle, and try again for next? What are your thought?

Perky, That's too bad, did you BD before you went out of town? maybe the little guys were just in there waiting to meet the egg? anyhow love your attitude. but I will keep my fxed for you.

Joie, I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I went through something similar with my DH this morning. They just don't understand what we go through... they are not as emotionally invested in this process as we are either. Your husband will come around, they always do...
From looking at your chart it looks like you ovulated yesterday, its really weird the your opks and digital didn't pick it up, although you were testing multiple times during the day... Did you BD Monday? if you did that then you still have a very decent chance to make the S&E meet, even if you didn't BD yesterday or today...
Don't let your mood go down, it's rough but you are strong and you will get through this.
Keeping my FX for all you ladies.

Thejoie, thabks for your encouragement. I feel a bit more encouraged today. I spoke to my dad yesterday about my sister in law and brother being 16 weeks pregnant and he started telling me how fertile my mother was lol (she had 4). It was encouraging and sweet :).

Regarding your OPKs, what if this temperature spike on 11/2 is THE temp spike you get after ovulating? Because it looks like your temps were gradually trending down then out of nowhere, you have a spike this morning. so I'm inclined to wonder if you just ovulated, like overnight maybe? This OPK reading is hard. I feel like I need yet another degree to interpret the flimsy sticks lol. Cheer up about DH. Every source I've read says at least if you are having sex every other day, or 3 times a week, you should be fine. Sperm can survive in the vagina and cervix for up to 3-5 days so it will be ok. He'll probably miss you when he is out of town then you will makeup ;-)

That's so sweet of your dad!!

I just worry because last month we had sex the day I got my surge and 2 days before and we didn't get pregnant. And I don't even know if Inhad a surge this month! We will see what my temps continue to do. It's a waiting game now I guess.

I'm just sad... a year ago today we had to put my dog to sleep so today was already set up to be a crappy day.

Oh DH isn't missing me- he's planning how to get World Series tickets for tonight! We are going to have a long talk when he gets home....

Illa- I would BD!! If your temp is still low- go for it if you're up to it! UTI's are common in pregnancy and the antibiotics will be okay.

I talked to my friend who basically said I'm crazy for doing everything I am and we should just have sex and have fun.

Coming from a girl who had 3 kids in 3.5 years..... that's not reassuring.

My periods used to be very irregular and horrible. I have been on birth control to regulate them since I was 17. I haven had one at all in over 5 years!! I'm not like her- I haven't tracked my periods for years and know when I ovulate or even IF I ovulate.

Only time will tell now I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing...

Good morning Ladies, wanted to jump in here.

Thejoie - Chin up girl. Keep positive. My DH started to give me crap too last night, he said he was tired and mentally drained (he just started a new job) but told him we have to do this and it would be just like flushing all the money down the toilet we spent on infertility treatment. Anyway, he came around and we dtd. They always come around, they just want to make us happy and I am sure when he gets back you guys will dtd. I try to communicate very clearly what is expected of him during the week, like we have to dtd x amount of times, I really need you to be on board with this, etc.

And you should be proud of your OPK chart, it is kick ass!

As for your irregular periods, I can completely relate. I never had regular periods since getting my period. I didn't go on birth control because I knew I had PCOS so wouldn't O. Maybe you should start thinking about going to a RE? You wouldn't need to get DH involved, just so you have some peace of mind and know if you are able to O on your own?

Good morning Ladies, wanted to jump in here.

Thejoie - Chin up girl. Keep positive. My DH started to give me crap too last night, he said he was tired and mentally drained (he just started a new job) but told him we have to do this and it would be just like flushing all the money down the toilet we spent on infertility treatment. Anyway, he came around and we dtd. They always come around, they just want to make us happy and I am sure when he gets back you guys will dtd. I try to communicate very clearly what is expected of him during the week, like we have to dtd x amount of times, I really need you to be on board with this, etc.

And you should be proud of your OPK chart, it is kick ass!

As for your irregular periods, I can completely relate. I never had regular periods since getting my period. I didn't go on birth control because I knew I had PCOS so wouldn't O. Maybe you should start thinking about going to a RE? You wouldn't need to get DH involved, just so you have some peace of mind and know if you are able to O on your own?

I'm going to see how the next few cycles go- since I don't have years of experience with my period- I'm hoping that maybe tracking a few cycles with opk's and temps will help me figure it out. I definitely will if there's no progress in a few cycles

Definitely going to have a heart to heart with DH tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->