• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

TTC, how are things going with your fertility assistance? Are you on clomid now or did they recommend something else?

TTC, how are things going with your fertility assistance? Are you on clomid now or did they recommend something else?

So far so good. I am 2dpo/4dpt, I responded very well to Clomid last cycle and had 4 large follicles but RE suggested not to dtd because it was too risky for multiples. So this cycle we halfed my clomid for 5x days, had a trigger shot and then IUI. I had two large follicles this cycle, one on each side so I have my fingers crossed that either way the spermies swim they will catch something! I will start testing on Sunday/Monday but heard that you can get a false positive because of the trigger shot still being in your system. Also, feel a little cramping but don't know if that is just me making it up in my head.

How is your cycle going?

TTC- Its so hard to wait when you know you can be pregnant at any point!!

So my temp is way low today so I haven't ovulated yet, I don't think.... Gonna keep temping and peeing on things and hoping for some answers...

TTC, that's wonderful! Good luck with this TTC. I agree with Thejoie, lol. The wait is kind of a mess: super exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm CD21 today and my AF is due on 11/10. I'm 7 days post ovulation and still having these mild cramps that feel like pre-menstrual cramps. I was out of town when I ovulated this month so odds are this cycle will not be productive but I'm going to test this weekend anyway out of curiosity hehe ;-). I'll see what unfolds thereafter :). I'm trying to remain optimistic but realistic as well, you know? My husband is nervous about "never having done this before" so I'm trying to not talk about my minutia much at home, lol, so he doesn't get anxious (or think I'm insane hah). That won't help either of us, you know?

That's the spirit, Thejoie. Atta girl. We literally just have to "keep going" with everyday :). I was upset earlier this week and then encouraged and now I'm like, what will be will be :). You're doing everything possible that you can be doing to learn your body and make this happen and it will! You should be very proud of yourself for your hard work, especially trying to be a new wife too. Marriage in itself is such an adjustment, talk about trying to make a baby! How did the talk with your hubby go? I hope it was encouraging :).

Back to the grind. A lot of stuff going on at work today!

TTC- Good luck this cycle, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated when you test.

Joie: It does look like you haven't ovulated, are your opks still ight, or are they getting darker?

Perky, Good luck, FXed for you, anythign can happen when it comes to conceiving so maybe those little spermies survived long enough to meet the egg.. I know what you mean, my husband already thinks I am (have) going (gone) crazy...lol

Perky- optimistic but realistic is serious the person I want to be. Sometimes I beer a little into obsessive and crazy but I am working on it. We are going to talk today... he actually was able to get a ticket to the World Series yesterday!

Illa- I'm trying to do a urine hold to test in the next hour or so... I gotta pee so bad but am trying to make it as long as I can! As of yesterday's my opk's continue to be "medium" haha... dark but not quite there...we shall see why today holds!!

This looks good to me!!!! I'm of course gonna confirm with a digital but I am a happy girl!! I didn't ovulate yet and my DH is home!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9308.jpg
    IMG_9308.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
Yeay Thejoie! I am so happy for you, was really pulling for you over the past few days because I could feel your frustration. Now get on with the BD!

Perkygal31 - I also still have the mild cramps that feel like pre-menstrual cramps. I am hoping it is something else! I am also optimistic and realistic, i told DH this morning that i would be ecstatic to have a baby but if it doesn't happy I get to have some more along time with just him and our fur baby.

Thank you Illa. Holding out to the last possible minute to test. I am scared I will test too soon and get a BFN. I will see how I feel this weekend.

Thejoie, that's awesome!!! That's what I call a positive OPK! So happy you ovulated!! And the race begins! lol

Thank you, Illa for your encouragement :)! I'll keep you all posted when I test this weekend. Also, I feel like I lost my sanity a while back as well lol. But I'm slowly working on finding more balance though ;-).

TTC: I know! What day are you thinking of testing? Rootin' for you and a nice BFP!

Oh and ladies, I just read a post by a guy who recently conceived with his wife and he commented on how in that 36 hours post ovulation, he would recommend BDing up to at least 3 or 4 times. It's kind of a lot, lol. Especially if you are working all day ect. But hey, it worked for them so it may be something worth keeping in mind as we go through our cycles especially if we are fortunate enough to ovulate on the weekend or something ;-). xoxo

Ladies- thanks for much for your encouragement... it really helped me stay remotely sane during this.
Here's the final list... I'll probably test another day or two just to make sure. So I can expect to ovulate in the next 12-24 hrs!! Yay! I did one at 5am this morning and it was negative so what they say about doing it late morning or afternoon is totally true. My morning one was WAY pale but I just did it to prove that the afternoon is better and yes... it is!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9309.jpg
    IMG_9309.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 6
Wow, You're right, Thejoie. It's really helpful to compare your results visually from the previous days too. I will start bringing mine to work too I think. I just need to figure out the logistics of what bathroom to use so I can be discrete, hah.

Also, ladies, I know I mentioned what the guy posted on a thread earlier on bding 4 times in the 36 hours following ovulation, I read further and I'm not sure I agree with a lot of his recommendations...

In redemption for my sharing that, I have truly encouraging news (lol). I just spoke to a friend of mine at work who is about 5 months pregnant and she said that when they were TTC, she and her hubby didn't even BD the day she ovulated so she was really not expecting a positive. She was super surprised that she got pregnant anyway! So even if you, miss a night because your husband is tired or you're sick or not quite feeling well, it can still happen, just do what you can :). Every little bit helps and can be the bit that makes a difference between getting pregnant and not being pregnant.

Another tip she shared was that she tested several days leading up to her AF (with the tests that you can supposedly test 7 days beforehand) and literally ALL of her tests were dead negative even the day before her period. It was day her period was supposed to start, she was expecting AF, and decided to test anyway and she got a faint positive that continued to get darker as she tested daily thereafter :). I'm so happy for her! I thought her story was very encouraging so I wanted to share! That was her first cycle too off birth control for several years (like you Thejoie!!!) and it was their first month officially trying. Her story reminded me of us, so I wanted to share to encourage all of you that no matter where you are in your trial, it isn't over until we say it's over. Be encouraged and keep your eyes on the prize! xoxo

That's a very encouraging story Perky, Thank you for sharing.
Where did you see the post that you were referring to? I must have missed it... but 4 time in 36 hours, if I suggest that to my DH, he would be all for NTNP :p

How are you feeling Perky? anything different this cycle?

Got he digital confirmation!!!! Come onnnnnn egg!! BD today and tomorrow and i am done for this cycle. Holy cow. Who knew sex could be this much work.

I used Preseed and have to say- it's pretty good! Someone recommended to only use 1gram and have been and it works great and feels pretty natural.

Perky-that's encouraging! I always think of ALL the people who accidentally get pregnant and wonder HOW?! lol... here we are doing all this work and they just so happen to get pregnant.

I have these disposable 1oz cups (thanks Amazon) Bring it to the bathroom- dip the stick. Throw the cup out. Put it back in the lil plastic sleeve and my lab coat get transported to my purse where it dries!! Easy! I was worried about it too but it hasn't been a problem this week.

I'm so happy I ovulated. I have had that concern that things were going to get hard so knowing I ovulate makes me feel relieved.

Illa- how are you doing? UTI better?

Purple- haven't heard from you in a while!

Joie that is great that you got your digital confirmation and after your husband got home!! FX for you as you join us in the tww :) I'm good I worked today which helped keep my mind off of things. I told the girls at work today that we were ttc, we're a small group in the OR (small hospital). A lot were encouraging my team leader told me to close my legs told her hopefully it was too late lol.

One thing I've noticed it's easy to jump on symptoms during the tww! I feel like next Friday is never going to get here :s

Yes, Thejoie, welcome to the TWW! I can read your joy as you text :)! and im so glad you got this encouragement by ovulating. Every little bit of encouragement counts im telling you in this TTC business lol.

Purple, im glad you got encouragement from your work crew :). It only helps!

Illa, i am feeling well today, less crampy. Illa and purple how are you all feeling? Illa are you feeling better?

Any plans this weekend ladies?

Come on 11/10. It seriously feels like light years away!

Purple- times stands still in the TWW. I felt like that last month.. what a weird feeling. Days stretch into oblivion. I became more in tune with my body that I thought possible.

I found this website helpful https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/symptoms-by-day-past-ovulation.php

There was another one but I can't find it now.
We are going to BD again tomorrow juuuuust to make sure... and hope and wait!!!

The ONLY thing I like about the two week wait is that you've done everything you can... its out of your hands now...

I told two close friends that we are trying. My fertile myrtle friend thinks I'm crazy for doing all this and my other friend gets it as it took her and her husband about 8 months to conceive.
Purple- I'm glad you have a good support system at work! Nurses stick together!!

Perky- I agree... the symptoms are so confusing... and similar and make you even crazier!!

No weekend plans. I work 4 hrs Sat morning and then we are going to go vote early!!

My husband's birthday is Nov 9th and mine is the 18th... what better way to celebrate than to get a BFP?!

Here's the other one!!! You can check the likelihood of each day post ovulation!!!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=8

Another positive opk- it was reeeeeally positive- like the test line was way darker than the control line! Gonna get one more sexy time session in after work. Yay!!!! Temp did spike this morning. So two more high readings to confirm ovulation!! I'm so happy that I ovulated late....

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpg
    IMG_9313.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Another positive opk- it was reeeeeally positive- like the test line was way darker than the control line! Gonna get one more sexy time session in after work. Yay!!!! Temp did spike this morning. So two more high readings to confirm ovulation!! I'm so happy that I ovulated late....

Wow! Look at that line! Thejoie, that looks awesome!!! Your plan sounds like a great plan! I have not had a truly positive OPK yet so this is all really educational for me, lol. Thanks for sharing the photos. I totally agree with you on the strange freedom of the TWW when "you've done all that you can do" for that cycle haha. Good luck this month and happy bday month to you and hubby!

I am going to see my best friend who now has a 6week old tomorrow! Sweet couple and this is their first and she is our age, so it will be fun seeing them :). Other than that, church and brunch with hubs hopefully Sunday. Happy Friday ladies :kiss:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->