TV

Oh shit - bad mummy alert.

Oscar watchers it way too much to be honest :blush:

Its always on in the mornings sinse hes been waking up at 5am and thre times a night i sometimes stick him in his swing whack cbeebies on and try and catch half an hour on the sofa next to him - is that really bad?? :wacko:

Its always on in our house - he loves wayballlo.

But tbh id say 1 - 2 hours a day.

Were always to busy in the garden or out and about and playing with his toys to really notice its on.

If we don't go out the TV is always on in the house! But, he ends up playing rather htan watching - though he DOES love In the Night Garden and Peppa Pig, and we always watch the Milkshake thing on 5 in the mornings :) Other than that he's not interested UNTIL the adverts come on.... he loves adverts?!?!

Alfie probably watches 30 minutes, well to be honest he doesnt watch as such just looks for a minute looks away and plays and repeats it, his particullar favourite being the hills and occasionally americas next top model..i dont see the harm, everything in moderation aslong as your not sticking them infront of the tv allday everyday its fine in my book.

<3

i put it on int he morning while im doing house work, i normally put him in his jumperoo and the tv is on mickey mouses club house or handy manny. he watching the colourful movement and music. but he rarely pays attention to it for longer then 5 minutes. me singing and dancing along to the songs while vacuuming or mopping is generally much more entertaining for him!

Lol Kirsty. DOes Barry look at you in awe for knowing the words? Fin finds it very VERY amusing when I talk along to the beginning of ITNG ior sing along to the veggie song on Mr Bloom. We dance too. Honestly I think I enjoy them more than he does hahaha x

Lol Kirsty. DOes Barry look at you in awe for knowing the words? Fin finds it very VERY amusing when I talk along to the beginning of ITNG ior sing along to the veggie song on Mr Bloom. We dance too. Honestly I think I enjoy them more than he does hahaha x

he watches and then when it gets to the chorus or a faster part of the song he laughs. he gets the giggles for a good long while if i dance with the mop, especially if i wave it around my head....

....yes mornings in my house are crazy.

No, I've got rid of our TV, although they are allowed to watch a few carefully chosen DVDs very occasionally. I believe the negatives outweigh the positives unless you are extremely careful about their viewing.

How do they watch DVD's without a TV?

The TV is always on in the background here, Holly occasionally watches playhouse disney but the one thing she makes sure she turns to look at is the opening and closing credits to things! her little head always swings around to those!!!!

On one of the computers.

I'm a secondary school teacher and there were two kids a while back whose parents never let them watch TV and they always looked dead sad and left out when everyone else was talking about it. Freakonear, will you let your kids have tv when they're older? I'd hate to not have TV...wow how shallow do I sound haha x x

Maybe, we're home educating so we might want a TV later on (although you can watch a lot on BBC iPlayer/4od/Youtube). My brother and I grew up without a TV until we were about 10 and I think it did us a lot of good.

No, I've got rid of our TV, although they are allowed to watch a few carefully chosen DVDs very occasionally. I believe the negatives outweigh the positives unless you are extremely careful about their viewing.

How do they watch DVD's without a TV?

The TV is always on in the background here, Holly occasionally watches playhouse disney but the one thing she makes sure she turns to look at is the opening and closing credits to things! her little head always swings around to those!!!!

On one of the computers.

I'm a secondary school teacher and there were two kids a while back whose parents never let them watch TV and they always looked dead sad and left out when everyone else was talking about it. Freakonear, will you let your kids have tv when they're older? I'd hate to not have TV...wow how shallow do I sound haha x x

Maybe, we're home educating so we might want a TV later on (although you can watch a lot on BBC iPlayer/4od/Youtube). My brother and I grew up without a TV until we were about 10 and I think it did us a lot of good.

Will you mostly have them watch education programmes or some entertainment ones too?

Feeling like vicky pollard right about now lol ;)

Well my six week old is too young to watch lol, but my 3 year old watches quite a bit. I used to say I'd be really strict about tv watching, but honestly the shows he watches are quite cute and he actually learns from them. If I started to see it negatively affect him I'd cut down but I haven't yet, only good things.

Of course on the days he watches A LOT, I feel guilty and make sure to do something productive and educational with him. :laugh2:

Can't quote coz I'm answering on my phone, but out of curiosity freckleonear, what good do you think it did you and your brother? That's not a sarky comment - am genuinely curious x x

Its always on in the mornings sinse hes been waking up at 5am and thre times a night i sometimes stick him in his swing whack cbeebies on and try and catch half an hour on the sofa next to him - is that really bad?? :wacko:

Were always to busy in the garden or out and about and playing with his toys to really notice its on.

Ha, don't worry I'm worse. If my 3 year old wakes up early I bring him in my bed and let him watch TV while I catch some more rest. :blush: It's nice cuddle time though. :)

I think there's a big difference between plonking your LO in front of it all day, and letting them watch a bit, especially if you talk to them about what's on. JMO of course x x

watch out, the wee macgregors will get you kitty haha:haha:

when Pixie watches the TV it's usually things like Numberjax or whatnot..

Ha, don't worry I'm worse. If my 3 year old wakes up early I bring him in my bed and let him watch TV while I catch some more rest. :blush: It's nice cuddle time though. :)

Ahh thank god for that i thought i was going to be attacked lol.

I truly don't believe TV or no TV can be credited to how someone turned out.

Take me and my brother for example. We had a TV but no TVs etc in our bedrooms.

I went to college and worked hard without a gap in career at all from leaving college until Fin - working my way very quickly up the corporate ladder. I'm smart, outgoing, confident, pleasant and very very sociable. I had a LOT of ambition and worked hard to build a decent life for myself

My brother who is just 2 years older left school at 16 and went straight to work full time at McDonalds. He worked there for 10 years (yes... 10) without even becoming a supervisor before getting fired for having drugs on the premises. He still lives with my mum and has been jobless since. He is smart but not at all pleasant or sociable or outgoing. He has NO ambition at all.

Given how vastly different we turned out when we both had the same upbringing and amount of TV time... I really don't think TV is a factor. But that's just my opinion xx

I always have my tv on, not for Gracie's benefit but mine! I'd be going stir crazy without any background noise. (That sounds really selfish!) She doesnt really watch it, shes more interested in her hands! The bright lights often catch her eye, she'll have a little gaze and turn away. I dont think I'd stick her in front of it to watch at this age, think shes abit young x

well I dont have a tv in the upstairs main livingroom but downstairs in "masons" livingroom there is one. I watch shows at night from a media computer in my bedroom
TV has no bearing on what your child turns out like. Mason has always watched tv (for the most part) and he is a great student and a great kid

I get scared at home alone if i dont have the TV on...:dohh:

Even the radio doesnt cut it...

I think tv is what you make of it. You can get some good informative programmes on, if lo's are constantly watching rubbish or things inappropriate for their age then it probably does have an effect. The Michael Mosley series recently on the human body was fantastic, I'd let my ten year old watch something like that cos even I learnt a lot. Little G did sit the other day and was engrossed in watching a doc about dragonfly (it was background tv but she liked it!) Everything in moderation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->