• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TW - (Traditional Weaning) Support Thread

does anyone know where you can get those little feeders from? Really like the look of them and would be easier than pureeing everything up all the time. I couldnt find them on the asda website, anyone know if you can get them anywhere else? xx

Babies R Us do them ... they call them 'Bruin Safety First Feeders' and they are a really good price - out of stock on the website at the moment, but they might have them instore.
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf...}/brand>{brands_brandbruin}&fh_start_index=10

Also some of the Asda ones are on Ebay
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIP-Two-2-Mu...pt=UK_Baby_FeedingSets_RL&hash=item1e5c8d675a

Those toys r us ones say 12m+, do you think they'd be ok for 4months? x

does anyone know where you can get those little feeders from? Really like the look of them and would be easier than pureeing everything up all the time. I couldnt find them on the asda website, anyone know if you can get them anywhere else? xx

Babies R Us do them ... they call them 'Bruin Safety First Feeders' and they are a really good price - out of stock on the website at the moment, but they might have them instore.
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf...}/brand>{brands_brandbruin}&fh_start_index=10

Also some of the Asda ones are on Ebay
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIP-Two-2-Mu...pt=UK_Baby_FeedingSets_RL&hash=item1e5c8d675a

Those toys r us ones say 12m+, do you think they'd be ok for 4months? x

Yes, they will be fine Hon ... they are exactly the same as the Asda ones and the babysafe ones :)

I got mine from Tesco!

heres my son enjoying on of those mesh things :)
I put apple in , but i warmed the apple up so its mushy and then cooled it down:haha:

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
For those that are having issues with lo vomiting over lumps & finger foods - I had a daycare little boy that would do the same thing. It took a LONG time to get him over the vomiting. His mom & I decided that it had become a habit eventually as he had been doing it for so long & that as a toddler he then could make himself vomit when he didnt care for a food. He was a very picky eater & was very particular about the way the food was prepared and how it was on the plate. He didnt like foods together - so if he had rice - he wanted plain rice - not flavored with other things. He had a hard time with textures of any kind. So making a hotdish made him want to vomit - but if he had the meat separate & veggie separate he was ok. The only noodle he would ever eat was spaghetti noodles cut up - he'd never eat macaroni or shells or anything else.

So some kids just have a tougher time with this eating thing. I would try things that are different textures or different flavors - either more bland than what you are trying or more flavor.

I would consider starting off only with little tiny pieces that even if they cant hold - you can place in their mouth - in their cheek - not on the tongue so they can learn what the texture feels like in their mouth.

im finally confident enough to persevere with homemade stuff now *hangs head in shame*

i made chicken and pasta with some green pepper and cinnamon. blended it. he made a right face the first few mouthfuls and then happily chomped up the rest.

any ideas on fish recipies for ten month olds?

Fish And Spinach Bake

1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp flour
pinch ground nutmeg
pinch white pepper (optional)
1/2 tbsp paprika
4 fl oz (1/2 cup) milk
4 oz (1 cup) Swiss cheese or Cheddar, grated
handful of spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 tbsp lemon juice (optional - citrus may cause a rash in some babies)
1 white fish fillet
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F, 170 deg C.
Heat the butter over a low heat, then stir in the flour, nutmeg, paprika and white pepper (if using).
Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly.
Once the mixture is smooth, remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Continue to boil, stirring, for 1 min.
Add the cheese and continue to cook, stirring, until the cheese has melted.
Place the spinach in a baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice (if using).
Place the fish on top of the spinach, then spread the sauce over the entire dish.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, then cook uncovered for about 20 mins, until the fish flakes easily.

Mash with a fork, or blend as necessary.

(i stole this from a website by the way, hope thats OK!!)

im finally confident enough to persevere with homemade stuff now *hangs head in shame*

i made chicken and pasta with some green pepper and cinnamon. blended it. he made a right face the first few mouthfuls and then happily chomped up the rest.

any ideas on fish recipies for ten month olds?

This is what we'r having for lunch today:

Fish with rice:

Wash fish fillets (with no bones), marinate it with some olive oil, garlic & little mustard. Then after 30 mins into the oven. (on high temp)

Rice: fry 1 chopped onion with little veggie oil, add washed rice & fry it with the onion until it turns brown, add boiled water tiny bit of salt, cover it & leave it on high until it dries. Then reduce temp then leave it to slow cook for 20-30 mins. Serve it with fish.

Will also prepare some steamed veggies as a side dish.

Yayyyy sticky!

Andrew's been very iffy over the last few days with shop-bought jars, so today I defrosted a cube of mince, a cube of potato & two cubes of mixed veg .... And he wolfed it down! So I am guessing that he is now developing his tastebuds, and prefers "real" food.

Today the only thing Dylan has actually eaten is a bit of custard, and some oven baked bread.

Bad times :nope:

how much water do you give LO a day?

Few sips only. As long as ur LO is having wet nappies, taking enough milk & not constipated u dont have to worry about water. xx

well hes having hard poos, so I thought maybe he needs more water. am I right? :shrug:

It gets harder because of the solids. U can fill a sippy cup with some water & try to give him some. U can give him sips with his solids, & 1st thing in the morning. see how it goes, but it shouldnt replace formula/BM.

I gave Connor his first bowl of oatmeal cereal today and he loved it!!!

Attachments

• DSC01893.jpg
    DSC01893.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01896.jpg
    DSC01896.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads