• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TW - (Traditional Weaning) Support Thread

I give Omar frozen bread. We also freeze bread & he has whAt we have. I'm no expert about storing food as I moved frm jars to real food & Omar usually has what we have & I don't prepare anything special for him. I think it's ok to freeze it

It should be fine to freeze bread for her.... I'm doing it for Megan :shrug: As far as freezing lumpy foods - I think it will be trial and error to see if they come out a good consistency when you are ready for them. Maybe it would be better to freeze before mashed & then mash when you thaw them? Not sure though....

Hi Ladies,

I too have a 7 month old with problems with lumps. Startred weaning at 5 months; he loved his baby rice and fruit purees. I bought the Lindam baby blender - tried sweet potato and brocolli separately - adding water - and although it was as smooth as I could get it, he still gagged. So I resorted to jars and have been for a while.

Tried to introduce finger foods, but even at his age he can't hold it well and it rarely stays in his mouth. He always chokes on the slightest lump and it scares him silly and he cries afterwards. I just don't understand these blw babies!

Does anyone else have the Lindam and find that it is not smooth enough for babes? It has been about a month since I have tried them, do you think I should try another? I so want him to be able to eat what we eat blended up so i can get away from jars and give real food.

If its been a month I would try again..... I am amazed at Megan's progress with eating just week to week. She's picking up tiny pieces of things with purpose and getting them in her mouth most of the time now - even a week ago she would miss her mouth at least half of the time. She had nectarine in tiny pieces yesterday that were too tiny & slippery for her to pick up so I put them in her cheek & she ate them - well she didnt eat the whole nectarine so I blended the rest up in my bullet blender for her to eat this morning for breakfast - it had lumps - and she didnt bat an eyelash. A few weeks ago she would have made faces.

So I'm basically saying - each day for them is some kindof progress - even if its tiny and you dont notice it. A month is huge in baby time!

Hi Ladies,

I too have a 7 month old with problems with lumps. Startred weaning at 5 months; he loved his baby rice and fruit purees. I bought the Lindam baby blender - tried sweet potato and brocolli separately - adding water - and although it was as smooth as I could get it, he still gagged. So I resorted to jars and have been for a while.

Tried to introduce finger foods, but even at his age he can't hold it well and it rarely stays in his mouth. He always chokes on the slightest lump and it scares him silly and he cries afterwards. I just don't understand these blw babies!

Does anyone else have the Lindam and find that it is not smooth enough for babes? It has been about a month since I have tried them, do you think I should try another? I so want him to be able to eat what we eat blended up so i can get away from jars and give real food.

hiya i have got the lindam blender and am glad you noted this point i thought it was me going made - i dont really think it's that smooth im thinkin about gettin another one!! i cooked some yummy mash potato for izzy and the blender didnt blend very smoothly xx

Mandy- I have read that potatoes are best not pureed - they go a funny texture - I just mash.

And I have made lots of mash potato - exact same way as I make it for us - and mash and put in pots in freezer - comes out exact same as it went in. I make it thick and the vegsmeat I mix through it when its defrosted thin it or if not I put a little milk through it when I am ready to feed.

I just started weaning a few weeks ago but never got the purees smooth in the first place so Anna is used to lumps and texture! I just use a stick hand-blender - got it from Asda or Tesco for £5.

hey people. I am far too tired to read thru so just going to ask...

Im sure the HV told me you can use cows milk in breakfasts from 6 months... this true?!
I give Harriet oatibix and am using her formula at the mo..?

Im sure the HV told me you can use cows milk in breakfasts from 6 months... this true?!

Yes you can use whole cows milk in food after 6 months. What I tend to do is give him his morning bottle first, and if there's any left chuck that on his cereal. If there isn't enough I top it up with cows milk.

id use her formula if shes short on her daily amount, but otherwise i think cows milk is fine xx

has anyone tried scrambled egg with LO??

Nope but I am going to now you said that! Not sure why I havent yet, wish I had of thought of that yesterday for her dinner.

Hi Ladies,

We have good days and bad days and it was starting to stress me out.
My daughter will sometimes eat pasta twists and tiny bits of toast I put in her mouth for her with no problem.
Last night she gagged on said toast and was promptly sick.

Then I decided she is still ONLY 8 months old. There is no rush in getting her to eat lumps, she will do it when she's ready. So I'll try every now and then and not worry about it.

I rememberd what some of the BLW's said in that the baby takes what they want leaves the rest and milk is still the staple food until around 1 year.
So I don't even worry now about how little she does it of her solids!

She is healthy, putting weight on and gorgeous.
I don't care what HV's or anyone else says my daughter should and shouldn't be doing at this age. My daughter hasn't read the book yet!!

Hi Ladies,

Tried to introduce finger foods, but even at his age he can't hold it well and it rarely stays in his mouth. .

Omar is already 8 mnths & doesnt hold finger food or try to feed himself. It always ends up on the floor.

im going to give rhys scrambled egg tomorrow!! im so excited.

he had some grated cheese today and some bread which he ate, though i think he would eat - or at least try - anything!!

he is doing so well im so proud of him :)

i forgot to mention..

..tescos sell these awesome sweetcorn ring crisps for babies - rhys loves them.

they arent meant till 7 months but im trying to introduce texture now as ive been weaning him for 2 months.

xx

i was told that i shouldnt give harriet bread / pasta (anythin with wheat) till she was at least 7 months...?

views on this?? she must be gettin really bored with fruit and veg!! x

i was told that i shouldnt give harriet bread / pasta (anythin with wheat) till she was at least 7 months...?

U can give her everything other than honey, nuts & shelfish at 6+ mnths. So it's only around 1 wk then u can give her what u want :thumbup:

I read the same about pasta too - 7months+

I am assuming she is not just on fruit/veg? What about meat/fish/yoghurt/cheese

I read the same about pasta too - 7months+

I am assuming she is not just on fruit/veg? What about meat/fish/yoghurt/cheese

If u read it on baby food, it's because of the lumps hun. I was giving Omar normal pasta at 6.5 mnths with no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->