Twilight Fans please ...

Reaction score
OK so I have seen all 4 movies and am desperate to see the 5th.

My mum is getting me all the books for Christmas but I wanted to know if there where any extra's I should get?

Like for harry potter you get the 7 books but there are a few extra that you can get.
Also do the books differ a lot from the films, I am thinking I perhaps should have read the books before watching the movies?

Personally I would just stick with the series of books. I LOVE Breaking dawn, it is my favourite of them.

You can get one about the short life of Bree (the new vampire they tried to save in eclsipse) but I didn't think much of it!!

I advise reading the books first, they are sooooooooo much better and in more detail :D

i loved the short life of Bree Tanner, thought it was fab x

She's said she's seen all the films already so no point saying I think you should read the books first.

Imo the books are always better than the films but I think the films have done the books justice, well mostly. The short 2nd life of Bree Tanner is good, nice to see it from a newborn perspective. Also online you can read about 10 or so chapters of Midnight Sun which is Edwards pov in the Twilight book, Stephenie wrote it years ago but it was never finished when someone leaked it :(

x

I have read the books then watched the films and still find myself re-reading the books because they're ace! So just because she's seen the films first doesnt mean to say she wont enjoy the books?? :shrug:

I read the books over and over :coffee:

i think the books are waaaay better than the films, you should read them even though you have seen the films!:)

I have now read all 4 books (it took me 7 days but I did it) I'm actually disappointing with the films now!
When I was reading the books I could picture all the characters perfectly as they matched with the film apart from Bella and I don't know why!
I also think they left a few key things out of the films that I would of liked to have been in there.
I didn't like the ending either, it seemed rushed and to easy ...

Just my opinions though :)

The books were amazing compared to the films. Breaking dawn was my fave!
I never got any of the extras been thinking about it though

The books are better because your imagination can run wild. You picture what the people, places and scenes are like, hence the reason soooo many people like the books better because its how they want and how they see things from their own imaginations whereas the films are brought to you with the director/producers ideas of how it should be done and who should play who hence the reason the books get more of a like than the films.

I watched the films before I read the books so when I picture Bella I picture her as Kristen Stewart and when I picture Edward I picture him as Robert Pattinson. But then again I loved all the films and maybe thats because I didnt read the books first..

yeah I didn't read the books first either... I enjoyed them alot more but LOVE the films

I love the books and don't mind the films, I just don't like the casting of Rosalie or Alice, Roslie isn't ethereally pretty enough and Alice isn't small and pixie like enought, she should be tiny and childlike

Once you start reading the books YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PUT THEM DOWN!!! :haha:

I watched the first film before i bought the books and i liked it that way, when i read about the characters i had a picture of most of them in my head, whereas if i read a book then the films come out i always associate the characters in the book with a different person from my imagination or a different actor i have put to the character :) enjoy the books, i'm re-reading them again & OH's mum bought me the short life of bree tanner for christmas. I like watching the films first then reading the books as the books are so much more detailed and include loads of extra things, whereas the films have to leave things out to make them shorter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->