Twin bumps??

Went for my ultrasound, 26 wks, babies were 1lb10oz and 1lb11oz, I hope thats good!!

Normal for a singleton is 1.75 lbs at 26 weeks. Looking good!!!

mine were around that size at that time too and that was after a scan a few wks before picked up small growth so they had me back 2 weeks later to roughly those measurements and said they were now doing fab and had a spurt. So all good!

They won't tell me the weights of mine when i go but it says on the bottom of the screen when they take the measurements so i just take note! lol At my 27 week scan my girlies were approx 2.2 pounds.
I've got another scan next week (almost 30 weeks) so i hope they have gained.

Not sure how accurate this is:

https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

My reports that they put in my baby file has all the measurments of all different things but in hospital code haha i had a bit of a bored half hour once and had to google them all but i have an EFW figure which googled is estimated fetal weight and its always in grams this wed just gone they were 1200g and just under 1200g apeice so i converted that to be about 2lb8oz ish there or thereabouts.

Awesome! I looked at that chart, had my daughter at 38wks and she was 8lbs! Def. not 6.8 like it says it could have been on there! I hope these 2 babies get nice and plump by the time I have them!

Here's twin weight chart which shows slightly less growth each week than the singleton chart x

https://www.twinstuff.com/twinweights.htm

Lovely bumps ladies.

Just to add into the weights discussion our girls were delivered at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia and slow growth. They weighed 3lb 1 (1.42kg) and 3lb 6 (1.65kg)which was small and off the growth chart. They are still in NICU but we are hoping to have them home next week. They've told us they'd like both girls to be 1.8kg which is 4lbs before home. Lily is already there but Emilia has a few ounces left to grow. They didn't need help breathing etc, just feed and grow.

My 16 Week twin bump :) xxx

Attachments

• 16 Week bump.jpg
    16 Week bump.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
I have a question about bump size and baby position. I definitely have more than a pooch at the bottom of my stomach but my bump just really isn't big. I have no bump really above my belly button but I do below. I'm not nearly as big as I thought I'd be for being 18 weeks. One baby has been down in my pelvic area, which makes my pelvic area look large and makes my bump look smaller. Has anyone ever had a baby who is down in the pelvic area? If so, when did you really start showing? Maybe I'm just crazy but I really think that my bump is small. DH tells me that it is big but I just don't think it's growing. They measured me at 15 weeks and said I was measuring 18 but at my 17+4 appointment, the Dr just said my belly is growing but refused to say what I measure.

This picture is from 17 weeks.

Attachments

• Sept 2012 171.jpg
    Sept 2012 171.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 7
I have a question about bump size and baby position. I definitely have more than a pooch at the bottom of my stomach but my bump just really isn't big. I have no bump really above my belly button but I do below. I'm not nearly as big as I thought I'd be for being 18 weeks. One baby has been down in my pelvic area, which makes my pelvic area look large and makes my bump look smaller. Has anyone ever had a baby who is down in the pelvic area? If so, when did you really start showing? Maybe I'm just crazy but I really think that my bump is small. DH tells me that it is big but I just don't think it's growing. They measured me at 15 weeks and said I was measuring 18 but at my 17+4 appointment, the Dr just said my belly is growing but refused to say what I measure.

I think your bump looks fine for 17 weeks, things like how big you were to begin with and if it's your first pregnancy can make a difference. I expect you will grow much more soon, try not to worry as long as your scans etc are all ok :) xx

So I spent my morning in the hospital. :( Friday night I had a headache, took 2 tylenol and went to bed, sleep like crap because of the headache and not being able to get comfortable. Layed around most of the day yesterday since hubby was home he watched our 3 year old, headache was lingering...my back started really hurting last night and my headache was back, but I layed on theheating pad, got some water and tried to sleep. Needless to say I slept like CRAP and the headache was worse today and then I ended up getting sick like 3 times so I called L&D and they wanted me to come in and be monitied for awhile, ended up being there a little over 3 hours and they said everything looks fine, I must have a hormonal migraine that made me sick! AGGGHHHHH what a way to spend sunday morning, still not feeling well, even after taking two tylenol, tried to nap, but that made me feel sick again, cant wait to be done with this pregnancy...hopefully within the next 3-6 weeks!!!

Fioricet was a miracle worker for my pregnancy related migraines (mostly caused by the slew of meds they had me take). I wonder if it would work for you, or if it's something you are okay with taking.

right now they said just tylenol and I have to do the 24hour urine test, I am feeling a little better now, and my hubby is going to make me grilled cheese, and I have been sucking down water like no other! She also said it could be the start of a sinius infection and with being pregnant it came on like this, so to wait a few days and see how it goes. So glad that I dont have anything to do but sit around and go to dr appointments, I couldnt imagine having to work and do all this feeling like crap.

I think your bump looks fine for 17 weeks, things like how big you were to begin with and if it's your first pregnancy can make a difference. I expect you will grow much more soon, try not to worry as long as your scans etc are all ok :) xx

Thanks for your help. I look pretty much the same this week as I did last week (I think) but Dr says I'm growing okay. I have my scan coming up this week so they will measure the babies to make sure everything is okay. I haven't had a scan in 4 weeks. I've just been looking through twin bumps and feel so small compared to most of them. :shrug:

hopingforit, don't worry! i was measuring two weeks behind for a singleton when i was full term (nearly 38 weeks) with twins and gave birth to two perfect little girls who were nearly 5lb and who needed no help whatsoever. i mean really, i was bigger with my singleton. you'll be fine. besides, you've still got a while to get bigger yet!

hopingforit i felt the same way up until recently like i was too small and people kept telling me i was small for carrying twins but they were growing good and right on target for how far along i was at their scans and then it seems like over night my belly just popped and i feel like a house now lol.

AMM hope the headaches get better i know those are awful i get migraines when i am not pregnant maybe one really bad one a month where it hurts to even open my eyes but thankfully one of the benefits of being pregnant for me is i don't get them nearly as bad or as frequent.
i know how awful it is not pregnant i can't imagine getting a bad one while pregnant

Here I am at 18, 22, and almost 27 weeks. The last two are from today.

Attachments

• 18+ photo.jpg
    18+ photo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 22w 2 d.jpg
    22w 2 d.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 26 w 6d.jpg
    26 w 6d.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 16
  • 26w 6d bare.jpg
    26w 6d bare.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 28
Has anyone ever had a baby who is down in the pelvic area? If so, when did you really start showing?

hopingforit-I have had twin A head down with his head on my cervix the entire pregnancy. I posted my 18 weeks pic above and you can see I exploded after that. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I know its easier said than done...I worry about all kinds of stuff. My husband constantly reminds me to only worry about the things I have control over!

Amm-so sorry to hear about your migraine. I have had only one since being pregnant and luckily it was a lighter one. I have gotten them since I was about 12 and read you can get more when pregnant. Its so hard when there isn't much you can take besides tylenol. Hope its not a sinus infection!

31 weeks and somehow still cooking huge GBs.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/singingDINGUS/Wedding/triplets/D31C26AA-BD58-4B46-8C96-69EF0EBA9DE1-14390-00000CB4B6C14DFB_zps64c2defd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->