Twin bumps??

owww ladies! You're all lookin so fab!!! We deffo have the best lookin bumps in this Twin and Multiple section haha. Theres a few of us now sooo close to the end is anyone else getting really achey/EXCITED! hehe i cant wait now...

Today i am soooooooo achey and tired Lamb, i could easily quit today lol

Off to get my steroid shot soon, got another one tomorrow too.

Finding it all pretty tough now, can't seem to do anything without puffing and hurting, sleeping sucks.

Hope you are ok :)

Won't be long! :happydance:

Today i am soooooooo achey and tired Lamb, i could easily quit today lol

Off to get my steroid shot soon, got another one tomorrow too.

Finding it all pretty tough now, can't seem to do anything without puffing and hurting, sleeping sucks.

Hope you are ok :)

Won't be long! :happydance:

I was like that day before yesterday, no way i sat, layed, slanted, was comfy! The lil lady on my left, at some point i think is actually going to burst out of my stomach shes that fidgety and rolling around in there, and the lady on my rights feet are ever so comfy under my ribcage! fun fun, but im trying to not let it get me down and jst keep thinking only a few more wks, only a few more wks!

Aww your steroid shots, is that cos your going to have to have them earlier? that means theyre coming real soon! exciting, and relief i bet for you! not long to go!! :happydance:

I am booked for a c-section on the 8th so the steroids are to prepare the girl lungs. I'll be 36 weeks :)

That is interesting. My perinatologist wants mine out at 36 weeks also. I asked about steroid shots and he said I wouldn't need them. I guess everyone has a different way of doing things. Hope my doc is right about that. He also said that all the contractions I am having help develop their lungs. Since they aren't changing my cervix, I guess they are good in a way.

Question: when they say 36 weeks do they mean at the beginning of week 36 or the end?

I'm not sure but my c-section is booked for the day i turn 36 weeks!

Ah thats so exciting! so 8th nov no matter what they'll be here! thats so fab! I wish i knew :( haha might stop me moanin a bit! My hospital said id prob be induced around the 37-38wk mark depending on whats happening in there but ive got a consultant appt tomorrow so ill see what she says as theres deffo not much more room in here, my bump is solid as a rock, this morning i could even feel the outline of one of them thats how squished they must be and no matter what i eat im not getting any flabbier to make space! I dont reckon theres much fluid surrounding them now.

So the 8th Nov, thats like, just over 3 weeks away! aww!

They thought i may have a UTI this morning as there was protein and nitrates in my pee :-( I said i had no symptoms so they didn't give me anything but since getting home in retrospect i think i do have one because i have niggling achesyness and have been up more in the night to pee last few nights :/ Will have to try to get some antibiotics tomorrow.

Yeah it's great to have a date :) And theres still a chance that if twin 1 moves down i could go natural :)

Lamb - it's better if you can go as far as possible but i realise how tough each week is getting now! Maybe you will just go into labour earlier anyway x

my ob said id likely go into labor between 35-37 and theyd likely not let me go beyond 39 but.. other than that.. didnt say much about timing

Dee, that is so exciting to have your date! Are you ready? Bummer about the UTI. As if things aren't uncomfortable enough!

My Dr's don't want me to even go into labor, but want me to go to 36-37 weeks. Hopefully I don't go into labor before then. :dohh: I guess they'll decide when it gets a little closer.

Also I have a question. My high risk Dr is having me get scans every 2 weeks, then every week at 30 weeks. This started at my 20 week scan. His reasoning is to keep a close eye on them in case TTTS starts developing. But my OB says there's no reason why I need to be scanned so often at this point since my twins are doing perfectly. Are any of you being scanned this frequently and is there anything wrong with it? I love seeing how they're doing so often and my insurance pays for all of it so that's not an issue.

I get a really quick scan every two weeks to check the heart beats and positions. I had a growth scan last week which lasted an hour. They need to watch my boy closely because he has a single umbilical artery which makes him grow slower and also why they don't want me going past 36 weeks. He will do better and grow faster outside. I am not sure when I will start going in every week. Like you, my insurance covers everything, so that is not an issue. I do worry about all the exposure to the ultrasounds. The docs swear its harmless. I just force myself to believe that since I know the extra scans are needed for their safety.

Jogami - Yeah, I've definitely been MIA for a while. My mother is staying with me until the babies are born, and she's been here about a month already, so I'm not online too often. Also with all the endless Dr's appointments, I tend to just want to lay down and relax. LOL I'm definitely glad to see that everyone's doing so well though!

i scan myself at least once a week. there have been some studies showing doppler could theoretically cause problems but not regular us. i had my anatomy scan at 17 weeks and that doc recommended a 4-6 week followup for growth. a was measuring 17 3 and b 17 2. next scan is nov 2.. if they are still super close then im sure itll be another 4-6 weeks before another scan.

this is my first pregnancy, im only 20 weeks but for now at least a is head down. there is no reason for me not to attempt vaginal first, and that is my preference

I have scans every 2 weeks - i like the reassurance to be honest :flower:

I have them every 4 weeks on my schedule as ive got Frats but i know on the schedule they like the identical ladies at my hospital in a whooooole lot more as theyre more risky or have the possibility of more complications. Ive only ever had to go 2 weekly about 2 scheduled scans ago as they were concerned my girlies were small but they said im fine to go back to 4 weekly. I have one tomorrow then my next one is at 37 weeks as my appointments are all out of sync from my first one, it should be at 36 but they dont seem concerned....wonder if i make it to that one! haha.

My doctor does a lot of scans also i have been getting them every two weeks up until i hit 32 weeks then it has gone up to once a week. mostly they are just quick ones to check postion and fluids like 15 min in and out but there was a few longer ones where they checked everything like yesterdays it was an hour long talk about uncomfortable laying on your back for an hour the lady was nice though and let me prop my legs up when she wasn't scanning down low.

It must be a north america thing with the steroid shots im in canada and even with showing signs of pre term labor my doctor still doesn't want to give me the steroids. it looks like i will be 35 - 36 weeks when i go.

I noticed my first little proper bump today (although it did go back down into my pelvis once I went to the bathroom and my bladder wasn't so full). I was just wondering was your bump lopsided at first, it is almost completely on the right side but I wasn't sure if that was just where my bladder pushed it or if its normal. I can't wait for it to be there all the time and not just when I really have to pee lol.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
  • bump2.jpg
    bump2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
I noticed my first little proper bump today (although it did go back down into my pelvis once I went to the bathroom and my bladder wasn't so full). I was just wondering was your bump lopsided at first, it is almost completely on the right side but I wasn't sure if that was just where my bladder pushed it or if its normal. I can't wait for it to be there all the time and not just when I really have to pee lol.

You won't want it when it's big and uncomfortable :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->