Twin bumps??

Yh hun mine used to be bigger on the left. When i would lie down it looked like a ski slope :dohh: Its more even now :)

Here is my 25 week bumpage :)

https://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg573/LisaMarieAshley/13F189E6-FBCD-42F1-BE13-9099D93A8BC5-10091-00000D7B75FA253B.jpg

Haha yeah I'm sure I won't be too comfortable at the end but I just want to look pregnant! lol. My husband told me this morning with the funky right side bump that I was sure going to be funny shaped. I hope once it comes it won't stay uneven for too long.

I noticed my first little proper bump today (although it did go back down into my pelvis once I went to the bathroom and my bladder wasn't so full). I was just wondering was your bump lopsided at first, it is almost completely on the right side but I wasn't sure if that was just where my bladder pushed it or if its normal. I can't wait for it to be there all the time and not just when I really have to pee lol.

You won't want it when it's big and uncomfortable :haha:

I second that haha, i bitched on here for weeks and weeks I had no bump, and now mines here, although still not massive, its heavy, i cant bend down, put my shoes on properly, it aches, and its like playing russian roulette with a razor trying to sort 'down there' out haha. I was pretty fit before and now stairs are such an effort and my quick pace walk is now a slooowww waddle. Cant wait to be able to run about again normal speed! :haha: give it time, it will come, you'll love it! guaranteed, then by about now you'll be like ohhh to be smaller again! it'll be worth it though :kiss:

mine has suddenly popped out. and it feels weird all the time like im trying to "fake pregannt" you know when you puff out your belly as far as itll go.. the muscles just feel kinda stretched already. oy plus they had free lunch at work... pizza, and cheesy pastas.. i am cheese obsessed so ate way too much.. and i still want more despite being stuffed., if there wasnt a free fancy ass work dinner tonight id so go back

Oh yeah maybe it's cuz they're identicals. So far my 2 week scans haven't been quick at all like I thought they would be. They last almost as long as the anatomy scan. The tech measures everything: skulls, femurs, abdomen, fluid, everything which takes like 45min-1hr. Then a Dr comes in a scans for another 20 min at least. :shrug:
I'm going out of town next week for the whole week, but have my 2 week scan on Monday so I called to reschedule it to the week after since my OB said every 3 weeks is fine. But they refused and said the Dr insists that I come next week sometime. I told them I can't so they're seeing me this Friday instead. I didn't realize these scans we're THAT urgent. Lol

I just did a comparisson. Left is me with DS at 29+3 and right is 29+1 with the twinkies :D

Can you ladies see a difference?

Attachments

• 29weekscomparissonLuca&Twinkies.jpg
    29weekscomparissonLuca&Twinkies.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 15
I just did a comparisson. Left is me with DS at 29+3 and right is 29+1 with the twinkies :D

I think the twinkies make you more rounded to the side, i think all twin bumps look 'wider' somehow :) They do look different :flower:

Yes it's definately fuller from top to bottom if that makes sense. More of a ledge than a slope :) xx

Do you girls mind if I share my twin bump? Fraternals, but lost one just after this picture was taken. I was glad to have the picture! :) Since the now-singleton is almost due, I was looking through my bump pictures and wanted to share.

Attachments

• twimbump.jpg
    twimbump.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 30

DEfinately! first pic looks like, im having a baby in a few months and ive just had a big dinner, like a sloped out bump. Second pic is like im having a baby and my big dinner involved a football its like perfectly rounded and shaped out :thumbup:

I had my scan this morning, not all great news, feel a bit down :cry: The twin on my right who had the ovarian cyst, well her cyst as shrunk as they hoped and theyre not worried about that so much now, but she was the smaller twin originally. Shes now the bigger twin and its a big enough difference for them to be concerned they said. She's estimated at 3lb11oz and the lady on my right who was bigger, is now smaller at 3lb4oz estimate. Doesnt seem that huge I guess but theyve shown enough concern that her growth is slowing down, and her fluid levels are really low so ive now got to be rescanned in 2 weeks but in the meantime ive had to have their hearttrace done today and ive now got to go to the hospital and be monitored like that every other day to see what happpens and if theres anything showing from them i guess ill be back infront of my consultant. So im now going to be a little hospital regular i guess!

Aliss, cute bump. Thanks for sharing and so sorry for your loss. That must have been really hard.

Lambchops, I can't remember, are yours sharing a placenta? My twins are almost a pound difference. My boy was 2 pounds 11 ounces and my girl 3 pounds 9 ounces. My doc doesn't seem concerned at this point. But my boy also has SUA (single umbilical artery) so they know what is causing the difference.

Try not to feel down. You are getting monitored closely and everything will work out. :hugs:

Aww lamb, thats a bit of a worry for you but at least they are on the ball with noticing the differences and wanting to monitor things for you, try not to get stressed.

It might be that your twins are slightly smaller because you are a smaller lady, there may well be nothing wrong :hugs:

I hope the next time you go in it's a bit more reassuring, remember they have to give you the worse case senarios but it doesn't mean that there will necessarily be a problem :hugs:

Aliss, cute bump. Thanks for sharing and so sorry for your loss. That must have been really hard.

Lambchops, I can't remember, are yours sharing a placenta? My twins are almost a pound difference. My boy was 2 pounds 11 ounces and my girl 3 pounds 9 ounces. My doc doesn't seem concerned at this point. But my boy also has SUA (single umbilical artery) so they know what is causing the difference.

Try not to feel down. That doesn't seem like a big difference to me at all! But I am no doctor.

They each have their own placentas, so i know they wont be the same anyway because theyre completley different babies, and that the difference on paper and to me, isnt that huge, but its the way they make you feel at the hospital, like saying i have to have this and that done, saying theyre concerned and passing me from person to heart monitor to puttin big red sheets in my hospital file, saying i have to come in every other day, im like ohh noo! ive gone from 4 weekly scans to now visiting every other day! It seems like everytime i go to the hospital its something. First time they were measuring small i had extra scans, then they caught up and then one had a cyst, now the cysts going im back for growth, I feel the worst person ever. She said blood flow through the placentas was fine no problems there, just the low fluid levels and her size was the concern. I physically feel like theres no more room in my belly for it grow unless it grows outwards, theyre down by my minnie with their heads and their feet are in my ribcage. Im only 5'3 and my OH is 5'8, and i weighed like 7 stone pre pregnancy so were not gonna make huge people but still, all these notes and checks is worrying!

Aww lamb, thats a bit of a worry for you but at least they are on the ball with noticing the differences and wanting to monitor things for you, try not to get stressed.

It might be that your twins are slightly smaller because you are a smaller lady, there may well be nothing wrong :hugs:

I hope the next time you go in it's a bit more reassuring, remember they have to give you the worse case senarios but it doesn't mean that there will necessarily be a problem :hugs:

Aw thanks you 2 lovely ladies :) Thats what my OH keeps telling me he's like its not a huge difference and i dunno where you'd put 2 whopping babies anyway, from the size of me. Im just gonna have to keep going in for my checks and just hope she's either gonna be a teeny tiny one either way, or she's gonna have a lil spurt and be fine anyway! Will just have to wait it out. I guess getting checked so much will mean first sign if anything is wrong in there then im in the best place! :flower:

Is a stone 14 pounds? You were SO tiny pre-pregnancy!! Makes sense you would have smaller babies. I have gotten scary news at all my visits too. I was told about the SUA and that both twins had short long bones...all are soft markers for Downs Syndrome. I had the biggest meltdown of my life right there on the ultrasound table. My husband and I had to debate for a week over amnio and decided not to get it. It was the worst week of my life. Now I feel like I am failing my little boy because he isn't growing as fast as his sister. So I completely understand how you are feeling. It is all so worrisome and there are so many unknowns. I am glad your girl's cyst has shrunk!

lamb- rather than look at it as if you are a bad person... look at it that they just wanna stay on top of things. i know you guys dont have as litigious of a society as we do here but... no one wants to see anythign bad happen to babies so docs tend to overcompensate on caution rather than not. do you scans every 2 days, probably not. but is it reassuring to the docs that they are making good up to the minute decisions (ie deliver early or keep going) oh heck yes. at the end of the day you and your docs get to look back and say, wow that was a pita but... look how great the outcome was =)

Is a stone 14 pounds? You were SO tiny pre-pregnancy!! Makes sense you would have smaller babies. I have gotten scary news at all my visits too. I was told about the SUA and that both twins had short long bones...all are soft markers for Downs Syndrome. I had the biggest meltdown of my life right there on the ultrasound table. My husband and I had to debate for a week over amnio and decided not to get it. It was the worst week of my life. Now I feel like I am failing my little boy because he isn't growing as fast as his sister. So I completely understand how you are feeling. It is all so worrisome and there are so many unknowns. I am glad your girl's cyst has shrunk!

yeah a stone is 14lb, thats why i figured I wouldnt get massive like but im deffo not 7 stone now hehe think last time i got on the scales a couple of weeks back i was about 10ish or so, and havent been on since :wacko: avoiding them at all costs!

Its frustrating isnt it, its something completely out of your hands yet you're the one seen to be in control of it as we're the one housing and growing them so thats what makes you feel bad, You deffo havent failed him at all, neither of them! I think they do this to test us before we have the twin real life to cope with too! haha. Never make things easy do they! Youre doing fab!

I get angry sometimes that I know of so many people, fair enough theyve only had one baby at a time, so obviously less monitored or risks, but ive known girls who've been pregnant, drank, partied, one i even know took drugs, just ate whatever didnt care and these ones seem to have no problems whatsoever, just pop these babies out alls well, and heres us, following to the letter in the book, getting checked, prodded etc and we have all this. Just keep telling ourselves it will be SOOO all worth it in a few weeks when theyre all here! xxx

lamb- rather than look at it as if you are a bad person... look at it that they just wanna stay on top of things. i know you guys dont have as litigious of a society as we do here but... no one wants to see anythign bad happen to babies so docs tend to overcompensate on caution rather than not. do you scans every 2 days, probably not. but is it reassuring to the docs that they are making good up to the minute decisions (ie deliver early or keep going) oh heck yes. at the end of the day you and your docs get to look back and say, wow that was a pita but... look how great the outcome was =)

Aw that is a great post, you're so right. :hugs: I know theyre doing it for their sake, and mine, and its obviously the best thing to do care wise, its better to be checking than not. Its just hard not to feel bad but like you say, we should see the more positive side to it, I guess thats why theyre the professionals haha. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->