Twin bumps??

BlueStorm- what a cute little bump you have! I personally did my baby shower at 21 weeks, but only because I had to fly to NY for it (that's where my family is). My doctor doesn't want me traveling past 24 weeks, so we played it safe. My second baby shower (for my friends and DH's family here where we live) is tomorrow, and I'm 23 weeks now :)

I didn't really want to do it much later, as I'm sure as I get bigger and more uncomfortable I won't want to do much partying ;)

Thanks girls...I'm thining that I might have my Mom try to change it for around 26 weeks so I will be a bit more comfortable and I also fear being put on bedrest or something and not being able to go! It's just hard b\c it's around the holidays and the place see wants to have it at might be booked up.

San Fran loving them pictures they are FAB! you look so lovely in them, all blossoming and lovely!

Blue Storm I had a surprise shower thrown for me about 3 weeks ago and as fab as i felt then and still not bad now, after the shower my feet did my first swelling up and i felt like id been ran over by a bus after just a few hours bobbing about on my feet so deffo have it earlier rather than too late on!

Heres my 34wk bumpy, its grown since last week a bit which is good seeing as on wed they saud theyve been worried about growth, ive been for two of my monitorings since and everythings looking ok, theyre happy but yesterday my feet have swelled again and theyve found traces of protien and lymphocytes in my urine which could possibly be a UTI rather than anything more serious for now so finger crossed it all stays a ok in there!

Attachments

• 34wks.jpg
    34wks.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Lambchops! Great bump! Fingers crossed that it's a UTI

So we decided to change the date. I also asked my friend who has twins and she waid at30 weeks it would be hard and what if I am on bed rest,ect.

We decided on 12/2 which is only 25 weeks but because of the holidays that is the only time that works, the weekends after they want to charge an arm and a leg b\c it's "prime time" At least I will know what I still need to get early on and will have some time to do that before I don't feel like moving anymore!

hrm. i had a bunch of people say they wanted to have a shower for me but i doubt they will do it.. dont have a lot of family so itd be mostly friends. figure ill be lazy and throw my own at my house.

So we decided to change the date. I also asked my friend who has twins and she waid at30 weeks it would be hard and what if I am on bed rest,ect.

We decided on 12/2 which is only 25 weeks but because of the holidays that is the only time that works, the weekends after they want to charge an arm and a leg b\c it's "prime time" At least I will know what I still need to get early on and will have some time to do that before I don't feel like moving anymore!

Excellent plan, I had my shower at 27 weeks which was lucky since two weeks later I had my first hospital stay. Not to mention that you'll be able to enjoy it more in relative comfort.

Sounds like a good time to do the shower Bluestorm :thumbup:

Lamb - sorry you may have a UTI but at least it's hopefully not anymore serious.
I was in hospital for 7 hours yesterday because i had swollen right up on my face and hands and feet! My pee was clear and my blood pressure was fine so they think it's just being huge swelling. Hope you feel better soon (as better as we can feel!)

I just want these girlies here now! :flower:

Hope everyone else is ok x

We had mat pics done at 28'ish weeks, here's one with my 4 year old daughter, I love how they turned out!! San Fran, yours are gorgeous! But I know what you mean by it being hard to get out there, this was 3 days after my kidney stone surgery, I could barely walk!!

Attachments

• MatpicsOct2012.jpg
    MatpicsOct2012.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 20
Dee- so sorry about the swelling..glad everything is ok!

Pammy - love love the pic!

We had mat pics done at 28'ish weeks, here's one with my 4 year old daughter, I love how they turned out!! San Fran, yours are gorgeous! But I know what you mean by it being hard to get out there, this was 3 days after my kidney stone surgery, I could barely walk!!

Oh so lovely :D You are beautiful and your daughter takes after her mama I see :flower:

I avoided the stretchies with my son and it seems there's no running away from them now :( I am putting aqueous cream mixed with Bio Oil and then Nivea stretchmark oil afterwards religiously morning and night. Oh well, they are my mommy marks and I'll wear them proudly :thumbup:

30 weeks taken today :happydance:

Attachments

• 30weeks(1).jpg
    30weeks(1).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 30weeks(2).jpg
    30weeks(2).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 30weeks(3).jpg
    30weeks(3).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 30weeks(4).jpg
    30weeks(4).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 11
Awww Jogami, stretch marks appeared for me at 30wks with the twins, though I didn't get a single one until a day before my full term son arrived at 39-40wks. Mine were more like concentric circles (much like the rings on a tree trunk) around my navel!?! Fortunately they were silvery and faint and vanished within a few weeks after delivery, and yours might too!

Your bump is beautiful, and very high (mine had dropped at your stage). You wear it well and look lovely :hugs:

Thanks so much Lizzie! Funny enough I also think I'm still high, though I do feel pressure down below I don't think its anything unusual due to the extra weight and pressure. I must say I think I might be lucky and they hang in til my csec booked date (12-12-12) I'll be 37+4. It would be nice to make it that far but I'd be thrilled with anything over 35 weeks. I also only got one tiny stretchie with my son - the day before I had him :wacko: now suddenly with the twins I already have them. Its not even that my tummy is bigger now than at the last with ds. Maybe just the skin has lost its elasticity. Oh well as long as they get here happy and healthy that's all that counts :flower:

Jogami that bump gets even more mega amazing every week haha! Aww boo to the stretchies but they dont look that bad on the pics, plus, like you say your lil mummy marks worn with pride!! Fab!

Aww Dee Your face swelled too?! oh no, ive had my top lip swell but not my face (looked like i had had my lips done for a few days hehe) but deffo keep resting! Ive had the worst swelling on my feet and ankles this weekend, ive been waddling around on basically big fat Cornish Pastie lookin things. TOld them on my Twin CTG appt on Fri and now with me havin to go to the CTG 3 times a week at my appt today she said there was still protein in my urine but still no result from the sample taken Fri prob due to the weekend so to go home and rest which is what ive done all day. Theyve gone right down but feel sore to touch on the top a bit, like their bruised but looking more like feet and less like pasties!

My 20+2 week twin bump :flower: Got asked at the school gates this morning if i was nearly ready to drop!!! :shrug: It was only when my 4 year old lil lady announced to the world that "mummy has 2 babies in her tummy" that the mum then asked how much longer i actually had xxx

Attachments

• 20+2 Week Bump.jpg
    20+2 Week Bump.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
Jogami that bump gets even more mega amazing every week haha! Aww boo to the stretchies but they dont look that bad on the pics, plus, like you say your lil mummy marks worn with pride!! Fab!

Aww Dee Your face swelled too?! oh no, ive had my top lip swell but not my face (looked like i had had my lips done for a few days hehe) but deffo keep resting! Ive had the worst swelling on my feet and ankles this weekend, ive been waddling around on basically big fat Cornish Pastie lookin things. TOld them on my Twin CTG appt on Fri and now with me havin to go to the CTG 3 times a week at my appt today she said there was still protein in my urine but still no result from the sample taken Fri prob due to the weekend so to go home and rest which is what ive done all day. Theyve gone right down but feel sore to touch on the top a bit, like their bruised but looking more like feet and less like pasties!

My feet and face are still quite swollen today, tomorrow we have scan and consultant and on wednesday i have midwife so i will keep checking, the bloods they did on me were apparantly normal and my pee and BP was ok, they think it's just 'normal' swelling lol but it looks so grim, my feet look like elephants by the end of the day lol
Hope yours eases a bit, can you sit with your legs up? and you need to drink a ton, the opposite to what you may think. We are nearlly there Lamb!!

My feet and face are still quite swollen today, tomorrow we have scan and consultant and on wednesday i have midwife so i will keep checking, the bloods they did on me were apparantly normal and my pee and BP was ok, they think it's just 'normal' swelling lol but it looks so grim, my feet look like elephants by the end of the day lol
Hope yours eases a bit, can you sit with your legs up? and you need to drink a ton, the opposite to what you may think. We are nearlly there Lamb!!

I know!! so nearly there :happydance: Ive sat all day on the couch and my bed, watched waaaay too much Jeremy Kyle for my liking but yeh rested to the max I have! Been trying to drink loads too, just so many more trips to the loo to contend with haha but i suppose its helping! I hope you're doing the same!! Aw hopefully your swelling stays as normal swelling as bad as you prob feel for having it! Make sure they check you good tomorrow :flower:

V Day was yesterday for me! Yay!! :happydance: Here's some 24 week pics of me.

me_24wks.jpg

belly_24wks.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"