Twin bumps??

Happy V-day Anikonjo!!

You all are looking FAB!

I feel like shit!!! Here is my pic from today. 31 weeks!

Attachments

• 31 weeks.jpg
    31 weeks.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 27
  • 31 weeks bare.jpg
    31 weeks bare.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47
Happy V-day Anikonjo!!

You all are looking FAB!

I feel like shit!!! Here is my pic from today. 31 weeks!

You look great! All bump! I'm envious, the rest of me seems to have grown along with the bump :dohh:

Do you ladies think now would be a good time to have maternity photos done or should I wait a few more weeks? The fall foliage is in full glory here right now and I would like to take advantage of that as a backdrop. Plus I don't want to wait too long because it'll start getting cold and rainy soon. What do you think?

I'd say go for it!! You have a cute bump and the backdrop would be gorgeous! You also aren't as bloated as you will be later. Take advantage of the weeks while you feel relatively good!

Having a bad day ladies :-(

Went for our scan and the girlies are both gaining weight which is good, twin one is 4 pounds 12 approx and twin two 4 pounds 14 approx so they are both just under 5 pounds!

But................they have found a 3.7cm something in twin ones abdomen, they showed us the stomach and the bladder but there is another dark ball type area which suggests it is fluid filled but they do not know what it is
It has not shown on any other scans so it's either come up quickly or was not spotted before.
We have to go to Oxford John Radcliffe on friday for further scans
My green notes now have gold stickers all over them saying 'BABY ALERT' which basically means that once twin one is born she needs to be rushed away for tests/treatment depending on what they think friday.

I am trying not to be worried - i guess it could just be a fluidy cyst or something but of course i am worried :cry:

could be an ovarian cyst. they are pretty common in baby girls cause of moms hormones

Dee - it would be so hard not to worry! :hugs: If this was a singleton pregnancy, you would have never known about this. Sometime all the scans with twins make things more stressful on us. Hopefully you get some reassuring answers at your next appointment. One of my twins has an issue as well and I can't let myself worry about him, because it wont change anything. I just have to have faith that he will be OK.

san fran- there is a twins meeting tonight at 5:45 at bananas (in oakland). new and expectant parents... free pizza =)

san fran- there is a twins meeting tonight at 5:45 at bananas (in oakland). new and expectant parents... free pizza =)

Thanks for the invite, but we have an appointment tonight to pick up our new dining room table set. We have rescheduled like 5 times already. Maybe the next one?? What happens at these twin meetings anyways? It is so hard for me to leave the house and do anything, so just wondering what its all about.

nothing much really. just a good chance to talk to some new twin moms (i guess similar to here but with local info). other pregnant moms. maybe start setting up social connections. ive only gone once. they also organize outings, there was a picnic and a pumpkin patch trip (neither of which i went to). yay for dining room table.

Went for our scan and the girlies are both gaining weight which is good, twin one is 4 pounds 12 approx and twin two 4 pounds 14 approx so they are both just under 5 pounds!

But................they have found a 3.7cm something in twin ones abdomen, they showed us the stomach and the bladder but there is another dark ball type area which suggests it is fluid filled but they do not know what it is
It has not shown on any other scans so it's either come up quickly or was not spotted before.
My green notes now have gold stickers all over them saying 'BABY ALERT' which basically means that once twin one is born she needs to be rushed away for tests/treatment depending on what they think friday.

I am trying not to be worried - i guess it could just be a fluidy cyst or something but of course i am worried :cry:

Dee this is what one of my girls has! They think its either an ovarian or bladder cyst, more likely ovarian because shes a girl and apparently its really common for our hormones to sorta mess with theirs and create them but they fluctuate in the womb and most babies are born and theyre gone or shrunk and go over time. My twin 1 has it and on discovery it was 1.5cm round and now last wk 4 wks after discovery it had shrunk to 0.6 by 0.5 mm round so she said possibly next scan it will be smaller again, or if its still there when shes born she'll be scanned and it will prob just go away or they'll sort it. If it was a singleton pregnancy they hardly ever pick them up as they come and go due to hormones and twins means loads more scans so loads more chances to discover it. Please dont worry! :flower:

Dee this is what one of my girls has! They think its either an ovarian or bladder cyst, more likely ovarian because shes a girl and apparently its really common for our hormones to sorta mess with theirs and create them but they fluctuate in the womb and most babies are born and theyre gone or shrunk and go over time. My twin 1 has it and on discovery it was 1.5cm round and now last wk 4 wks after discovery it had shrunk to 0.6 by 0.5 mm round so she said possibly next scan it will be smaller again, or if its still there when shes born she'll be scanned and it will prob just go away or they'll sort it. If it was a singleton pregnancy they hardly ever pick them up as they come and go due to hormones and twins means loads more scans so loads more chances to discover it. Please dont worry! :flower:

Thank you Lamb - just a bit worried because it's quite large but hopefully it'll turn out to be ovarian and harmless, i hope it shrinks too.
How are you doing? :flower:

It is definately worrying, and like you say, i got a big bright red divider in my file and your heart sinks. But stay positive, i got told it was an ovarian cyst and sort of like, the medical side of it, then once i came home and googled (bad i know) i seen how common it was, then my sister knows 2 midwives and when she spoke to them they were like 'oh yeh loads of babies get them, they go' like really blase about it so i was like hmmm, so obviously im gonna worry theres something up with my baby but then at the same time, its nothing seriously serious, its something if still there is treatable, and can be sorted. Definately stay positive, and if doesnt shrink, or its still there, think how good it is they already know before shes here that its there, so straight away she can be helped! xxxx

Im ok, still getting puffed up feet! going for my CTG in the morning and hopefully ill have my wee results back from when they sent it off with protein in it to see whats happeing that wise, but other than that im feeling ok, im starting to get a bit excited now things decorating wise are coming together and we have finally picked out our little girls names! so its like theyre really coming now they have their names!

Good luck tomorrow with your wee results and your CTG :flower:
My feet are huge again tonight too lol
We also prety much are fixed on names but are keeping them secret until birth announcements :)
I need to buy cot beddding! Oh and two bouncy chairs and then we are done i think for their arrival :flower:

Thanks for the reassurance Lamb, this whole pregnancy has been a worry with the girls being identical etc, i just want them ok and in my arms as i'm sure you do too :flower:

Good luck tomorrow with your wee results and your CTG :flower:
My feet are huge again tonight too lol
We also prety much are fixed on names but are keeping them secret until birth announcements :)
I need to buy cot beddding! Oh and two bouncy chairs and then we are done i think for their arrival :flower:

Thanks for the reassurance Lamb, this whole pregnancy has been a worry with the girls being identical etc, i just want them ok and in my arms as i'm sure you do too :flower:

Aw its ok, its good to know that theyre lookin after you and the babies so much already so i think thats reassurance in itself and then to have two of us have our little girls have it after seeing it is kinda common shows that it is definately a common thing and not as scary as it first seems to be. Its so close now to them being here, its deffo getting more exciting, even with our fat feet! haha

Yeh us too about the names, even to family we havent said, im not having anyone poopoo my names before theyre even here haha, we love them and thats all that matters!

Good luck for Friday Dee, can totally understand your worry :hugs: Fingers crossed this turns out to be 'something and nothing'. Sending positive vibes your way xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->