Twin bumps??

Messica how much bigger are you measuring now? You look great! I'm actually getting nervous about how fast mine is growing. I love it and I'm so thankful for it but it seems everything is so accelerated with 2! Here's 18 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 19
It is accelerated, but that's normal - you really look fantastic lanet!

Last week I was measuring at right about 36. Delivering my singles at 37weeks (6lbs 4oz) and then 36 weeks (6lbs 7oz) that sounds about right as the growth ultrasound showed A measuring 2lbs 10oz and B at 2lbs 15oz. Throw in an extra placenta and bag of waters I'm guessing they're pretty accurate lol.

The goal is now to make it to Thanksgiving. My cervix is shortening but only with fundal pressure and not to a point where anyone is overly concerned yet. I totally credit my weekly hydroxyprogesterone injections for getting me this far. Wasn't nearly this easy to keep even one baby in before, so it's nice to just be able to sit back and enjoy blowing up like a balloon this time lol

I worry about my cervix, will they measure it at the anatomy scan? I had my daughter at 36 and 6, 7lbs 9oz. I hope to make it past 35 weeks. I'm extremely nervous because I've had so many bleeding issues.

They've done cervical length checks (via trans-v ultrasound) since I started the injections at 16 almost 17 weeks. Had one again at 20, 24 and now 28 weeks. I started out between 4.5-5cm. Without fundal pressure I'm now at about 3.5 which is still great, but with fundal pressure it goes down to 2.75 so from here on out they'll be every two weeks along with a NST.

Definitely ask if it's something you're concerned about! How often does your OB plan to do ultrasounds for growth checks? It's not a big deal to request a cervical length check at the same time, and I sure prefer that method to how they checked all the time throughout my first two more than ten years ago (with fingers - ouch!)

Did they start checking yours because of previous problems? I had a detailed scan at the peri 2 weeks ago after another bleed and I'm assuming they would've looked at it.
She told me they would start growth scans but I cant remember when or how often. Im already been seen and had scans every 2 weeks the whole time,but this time I have a 4 week gap (with my anatomy scan in between) but I'm just ready to be past 20 weeks and then I think they will be able to do more. Almost there! With dd I had no problems, but my water broke at 36 and 6, so I don't know if that determines future issues or not.

great photo's ladies :) You all look so healthy and happy :) x

My two are now head down and the pressure can be so intense i hope it's not doing anything to my cervix - not that the sonographer yesterday would have taken anytime to look.

Messica... i had to speak out i couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer :flower: I've tried to avoid it but people were making out that the advice was unwanted.... erm hello! :dohh:

I'll admit it's been quite annoying seeing her posts everywhere. But I'm such a worrier that hearing worrisome stats just freaks me out. Regardless I'm staying out of it. It seems to be getting nowhere.
Shells I feel those crazy shooting cervix pains and I think it's thanks to my feet down baby!

Hello ladies

Wonderful bumps all round! Everyone is looking so healthy and fantastic :hugs:

Sorry for the delay in updating, I am a technophobe so have had problems getting piccies off my IPhone (being blonde and pregnant doesn't help!). In an effort to make myself feel better about stretch marks (!) I have bared the bump to show in all its glory! These were taken yesterday at 34 weeks.

In the last few days baby (ies) have dropped and I have definite pressure on my nether regions. Both babies are head down. Braxton hicks have increased and are quite painful when they do hit. I'm finding it much harder to do anything now and am pretty much housebound as I cant get behind the wheel safely anymore!

I'm hoping to hold onto these bubbas for another two weeks at least if possible so that all the final work on our house extension can be completed. I saw the midwife on Monday and blood pressure etc is fine although she has taken more bloods as my iron is too low.

Looking forward to more bump pics here soon! xXx

Ps - please ignore strange cling film/plastic on the floor in the pics, my attempt to stop the builders ruining my carpets!

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 14
Pinkie - great bump. Not sure if it helped but I have been using coconut oil to prevent stretch marks. Best moisturiser in my opinion :).You cooking two babies in there . You have three heartbeats going on at once. it always amazes me when I think about it like that . I love bare bump pictures. FIL told DH the other day I should cover up ( for pics of course ) because it looks unnatural . WTF? What is unnatural about pregnancy ?

My one has also dropped and I have lots of pressure in my tummy.I keep forgetting we share the DD. I do not suffer from BH but sometimes when they turn it feels like they are squashing my insides and that hurts a lot.

Shells. Lanet and Messica - great bumps.
Was there an argument I have missed ?:wacko:

my bump - 33w5d

Attachments

• 33w.jpg
    33w.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 33
Awww pinkie you look amazing :) don't blame you for putting that down to protect your carpets builders are very messy! Hope you can keep them cooking a little longer :)

Bizzibii your bump is fab! I have old silver stretchmarks that are showing shiney now I am oiling my belly but I don't think it's going to help lol.

There was a thread that caused some upset in first tri when advice was offered by a twin mum and others jumped on it and started bashing messica for her contribution. I got involved for one post pointing out that actual the lady in question believes she is having twins by posting 4 times in this section but yet is ignoring the advice offered to her from people in the know.

Pinkie you look great and are getting so close!!! I have stretch marks from dd, she is almost 12! So they are faded and im using coconut oil to prevent new ones, really more to prevent the itching that comes with the stretching!
Bizz you look so great too! Both of you are getting so close, I can't wait to be where you are! Slowly counting the days until my 20 weeks milestone and then I'll make a new one, probably 24 weeks.

Wonderful bump bizzibii X you look fab. I've been using palmers cocoa butter lotion for stretch marks but it's not made that much difference although it does reduce the itching. I have one massive stretch mark underneath the bump which the midwife says is filling with fluid. DH massages it gently in the evening and it goes down but is right back again the next day! How glamorous!

I read the thread shells but have stayed out of it as I don't really trust myself to speak! I feel I have made some effort to the poster on these twins boards but my advice was obviously ignored/not what she wanted to hear :shrug:

Wonderful bump bizzibii X you look fab. I've been using palmers cocoa butter lotion for stretch marks but it's not made that much difference although it does reduce the itching. I have one massive stretch mark underneath the bump which the midwife says is filling with fluid. DH massages it gently in the evening and it goes down but is right back again the next day! How glamorous!

I read the thread shells but have stayed out of it as I don't really trust myself to speak! I feel I have made some effort to the poster on these twins boards but my advice was obviously ignored/not what she wanted to hear :shrug:

Just block that one person and enjoy conversing with others. That's what I've done in the past.

I think ignoring is best, that's what I've done after trying to offer advice on a few of her threads, like you said, not what she wanted to hear. However, some of the comments are getting really harsh and I like to avoid that so Im just not following them anymore.

Beautiful bumps ladies! If I can ever figure out how to share photos from my phone I'll contribute!

Thank goodness the lady on that thread had an ultrasound today---hopefully that is the end of the controversy!

Beautiful bumps ladies! If I can ever figure out how to share photos from my phone I'll contribute!

Thank goodness the lady on that thread had an ultrasound today---hopefully that is the end of the controversy!

Which thread? Now I'm curious hehe

I have been using just plain coconut cooking oil :blush:.

I think I remember the lady posting her bump pic somewhere being convinced she had twins but I did not read the thread . Might do it now :)

The thread is in the first tri pages, something about a missed twin on ultrasound. Happy reading! X

She's posted several of the same so it may take you awhile to find it.
I use regular coconut oil too, it smells good! But like I said, I already have stretch marks from dd....

So is she having twins or not ? ( i read somewhere she had her appointment or something ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->