Twin bumps??

Lizzie I am gaining 3lbs a week consitantly, I dont want to diet or anything, but I eat to my hunger levels and just normal food... I cant see myself only putting another 15lbs on in the next 18 weeks, its just going up and up! Had you really put on 22lbs by 20 weeks? It must have slowed down a lot after that, when did it start slowing down?

hey!!!

my weight went up, up to 20 weeks, so lets say about 19lbs or so. then it stopped till about 1 month ago!! then i have put the rest on!!!! i had a bout a month and and a half or so that i didnt gain anything!!! and i ate the same things!!!! i eat a lot!!!!! i did start to eat even more as my weight didnt increase for that period of time, and it did start to go up again!! lol!!

arj - dont worry hun, things will even out!!! i put on weight in my 1st tri! where people dont usually!!!

lizzie - awww thanks hun! the boys are def there!!! hehehe!!
35lbs? thats really good for the whole preg! i think i will go over that by the end of mine, as like i was telling arj, my weight seems to be constant every week now!! we shall see! lol! plus 17lbs of that was baby!! wow! was it easy for you to lose the rest?

ive put a picture pre pregnancy on holiday! lol! couldnt find any other! and then the other one i was in second trimester probs 16 weeks preg with the twins.

ill attached one from 21 weeks and 25 weeks in the next msg, wont let me in this one?? -----> I have tried to upload more pics but it wont let me?!?! i have probs posted some from after 23 weeks on here! i def have grown a lot in the last month!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• DSC01947.jpg
    DSC01947.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 32
OMG you were TINY before hand and even in the second pic! I wasnt even that small not pregnant! No wonder you are so small now, do you have any internal organs at all!!?? LOL
Im sure your body will ping back to your original size really fast.
Mine tho Im not so sure.... We'll see I suppose, cant really do anything about it!

Ill put me before and now....

Bikini I was 3 weeks pregnant and the underwear one is me about an hour ago at 20 weeks and 3 days (please excuse the underwear!) :lol: Lets just pretend its a bikini....

So yes 22lbs are definitely there and all in my thighs and bum and tummy!!!! I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllly hope it starts slowing down! Have you looked thru this thread? There are some HUGE bumps on here! Interesting looking through them

Attachments

• IMG_4858 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4858 (Small).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 66
lol, thanks! u look fab too hunni!! honestly! pre preg u looked fab and even know with twinnies u look fab too!!!!! i do believe weight doesnt level up though!!!! plus we have extra fluids etc! u can not tell from the pic u have put on what u have!!!! honestly!!!!

there arw bumps that are a lot bigger than lets say mine, but i think everyone carrys the weight diffferently!!! i sometimes wish mine was a lot bigger!!! and i envy twin mummies with bigger bumps!!! would save a lot of talking when i meet people and i tell them i am 33 weeks preg with twins! also most of my 25lbs seem to have gone on my bum and thigs and legs!! :-/ !!!

however all bumps are beautiful and different!!! such a happy reason to be putting on weight!!! hehe! trust me other wise i would be having a panic attack with being this weight!!! lol!

plus they do say if u have had more preg then u start to show a lot sooner than if u havent been preg before?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps - very nice bikinis ;) hehehe!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You girls are such glamorous pregnant women! I spent 8mths in my pjs due to bed rest so didn't have any underwear shots whilst preggo lol.

Arj Hun, very difficult to remember the pattern of my weight gain, but I think I gained around 14Ibs by 20wks, then the rest steadily went on until 38wks. I had a surprisingly low weight gain with the twins especially considering I was on bed rest for most of it. I was told tho that the boys were so large that they consumed most of my calories and the placentas had been super efficient (not sure if that's true). I certainly didn't watch what I ate, but just chowed when I felt like it and made sure it was healthy stuff ;)

Chloe, I instantly lost 24Ibs at delivery - which is what babies/ placentas/water must have totalled. After that I managed to lose around another 7Ibs from bf and exhaustion lol. I haven't shifted the last bit yet, but that's because I've been lazy and not really tried to. I don't find it hard to lose the weight, but will need to exercise and cut out the choice biscuits if I'm to shift the last bit :)

You ladies will likely snap right back. I think weight and build is a lot to do with genetics x

Chloe- I can't believe how tiny you were for 16 weeks!!! You have an amazing body to begin with, and even though this is your first pregnancy I have major envy of your still tiny 16 week shot!!! :)

Arj- you crack me up!!! You were TINY to to begin with!! And you still look great for being 20 weeks!! I see it all in your belly!!

Lizzie- only 35 lbs!! I hope I am as lucky as you!!! Thats was I gained with my daughter!! :haha: And your lost 24 at birth... so basically you only gained 11 lbs!!! Wow!
Of course with my daughter I was 16 years old, and weighed 102 to begin with.. sigh. I did get stretch marks on my thighs,(just on the tops of my thighs), my boobs, and hips.. also hair line ones on my ass... but not one on my belly. Don't think I will be so lucky this time!:shrug: The other day my daughter says "OMG mom, do you realize I'm going to be 37 years old when the twins are 20?!" And I said "OMG, yeah, and do you realize I'm going to be 37 when you are 20!" :rofl:

Hey Cali,

I didn't have a single stretch mark with my full term 9+Ib son, but with the twins I got my first one at 29 wks and it was down hill from there lol. They were weird concentric circles which ran around my belly button and back towards my sides! My abdomen looked like the bark of a tree when you cut into it - I should have counted the rings, maybe There was one for every year of my life ;) Thankfully they have all disappeared now, which is more than I can say for my 'twin skin'.

You'll be fine and you'll probably snap back into shape as you did last time around xxx

i started this pregnancy at 8and half stone, by 18wks i was 9st 4,id put on 13lb since 10wks. i then got weighed at 19 wks and was 9st 7, ive not bn done since and ill be 21wks tomorrow. my bump is big though but i love it and at my 20wk scan they were weighing 345g and 346g. which apparently is really good. so by 19 wks id put on about 17lb.

does this sound normal??

35 weeks 3 days :) x

https://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l310/cbrbiker13/DSC_0447.jpg

Outcomes are better if you put on 20 lbs in the first 20 weeks. Weight gain does slow down as it becomes difficult to eat much due to lack of space.

You are all beautiful!! I miss that belly!

i started this pregnancy at 8and half stone, by 18wks i was 9st 4,id put on 13lb since 10wks. i then got weighed at 19 wks and was 9st 7, ive not bn done since and ill be 21wks tomorrow. my bump is big though but i love it and at my 20wk scan they were weighing 345g and 346g. which apparently is really good. so by 19 wks id put on about 17lb.

does this sound normal??

morning hun! that sounds fab to me! i put on around the same weight!! i never knew the weigh of my boys till my 26 week scan though!

i have a scan today! so i shall see what they are! scared and excited!!! i had one 3 weeks ago and they were both fine! just praying twin 1 has turned and is head down! lets seeeeeee!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxx

Outcomes are better if you put on 20 lbs in the first 20 weeks. Weight gain does slow down as it becomes difficult to eat much due to lack of space.

You are all beautiful!! I miss that belly!

i def put on most of my weight earlier on! but now the weight gain seems to have picked up again!! lol!!! i can still eat a lot more than normal people too! lol! but maybe that will change soon!

awww i know u miss the bump but now u have ur two beauties with u!!! :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Chloe- I can't believe how tiny you were for 16 weeks!!! You have an amazing body to begin with, and even though this is your first pregnancy I have major envy of your still tiny 16 week shot!!! :)

Arj- you crack me up!!! You were TINY to to begin with!! And you still look great for being 20 weeks!! I see it all in your belly!!

Lizzie- only 35 lbs!! I hope I am as lucky as you!!! Thats was I gained with my daughter!! :haha: And your lost 24 at birth... so basically you only gained 11 lbs!!! Wow!
Of course with my daughter I was 16 years old, and weighed 102 to begin with.. sigh. I did get stretch marks on my thighs,(just on the tops of my thighs), my boobs, and hips.. also hair line ones on my ass... but not one on my belly. Don't think I will be so lucky this time!:shrug: The other day my daughter says "OMG mom, do you realize I'm going to be 37 years old when the twins are 20?!" And I said "OMG, yeah, and do you realize I'm going to be 37 when you are 20!" :rofl:

thanks hun!! my bump is getting bigger by the week! i think its grown again!! lol! ive put on 3lbs from last week already!! mad! hahah! i am not gonna weigh myself for a while i think!! haha!

ive not got any stretch marks yet, but u never know they might start to come out now? my friends mum is 18 yrs older than my friend! and they have always been really close which is lovely!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i read that if you put on 24lbs by yr 24th wk you stand a better chance of not going into prem labour or lower birth weights. i must get weighed again. im curious. ive another scan next tuesday so ill see what the girls are then. my midwife was impressed by their weights considering the size of me. im not very big framed.my bump is so uncomfy when im full though, i feel like i need to take it off and at timexs get very frustrated at how uncomfy i am. i can feel my mad getting up. 16wks to go. in some respects its sounds long but then others i think-shit!!!!

i read that if you put on 24lbs by yr 24th wk you stand a better chance of not going into prem labour or lower birth weights. i must get weighed again. im curious. ive another scan next tuesday so ill see what the girls are then. my midwife was impressed by their weights considering the size of me. im not very big framed.my bump is so uncomfy when im full though, i feel like i need to take it off and at timexs get very frustrated at how uncomfy i am. i can feel my mad getting up. 16wks to go. in some respects its sounds long but then others i think-shit!!!!

I feel the same!!! It kinda feels sometimes that Im wearing really tight jeans that are a size too small around the tummy, even when Im naked! Or like some one is sitting on my stomach, just want to lift it off and breeeeaaathe for a bit!
Mainly after a meal that is too big. I have to eat really small amounts now days or I get so uncomfy.
How come you are getting another scan? I want another scan! lol
I think I'm right there with the 24lbs weight gain and im only 21 weeks! And I have another 17 weeks to go (fraternal go to 38) which seems like forevvvverrrrrrr! Im sure it will go fast tho, considering we are over half way..

We get them every two wks with identicals to check they are growing at the same rate and arent suffering from ttts.

Just ate a curry. Cant move.

I have just read the same thing! That its better to gain more weight in the first and second tri, and that that gives you a better chance of not going into preterm labour. I'm in the beginning of the book, so we will see what else it has to say! ;) I so far have not gained any weight, so I guess that better start soon!

For fraternals here I also get to have an ultrasound at every appt. which right now is every 3 weeks, and then to every 2 weeks, etc. Its crazy that you don't get the same thing! I go back again on the 17th.. I CAN'T wait!!

I just read today that if identicals split within the 1st 3 days then they can have seperate sacs and placentas!!! I'm having two boys, wonder if they are identical or fraternal??? There is no history of twins at all in my family.. Guess we'll see when they come out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->