Twin bumps??

I can't lay on one side for more than an hour throughout the night. It's a horrible pain!!! Then I try to roll over, and I have to hold onto the bed post or mattress to help roll over. It's a circus trying to watch me move around at night. I moan and groan, then when I finally get comfy, I have to pee. It's not even worth going to bed lol

ha ha that sounds so familiar. i do four movements just to get over to my other side. it hurts so much, then i get there, and the heartburn starts so i heave myself up and take some gaviscon to then realise i best wee, so heave myself up, by which time my legs are dead so i shuffle to the loo, then peeing wakes the girls up, then i drop back into bed to do it all again an hr later.

if one more person asks-is it really that much differnt carrying twins????? i think may harm them!!!

spend a day and night in our shoes then theyll know!!

yip all the twin mums will look and say oh bloody hell-ha ha-but best to be prepared.

I cant wait for the next 5 n half months now lol

I have one of those beds thats really low and about a foot off the ground. Think im best getting a new one or ill never get out of it Haha :) xxx

Awww ladies, really feel for you :hugs: From 28wks I would go to bed around midnight, fall asleep on my left side cos I was shattered, but then as regular as clockwork wake again 90mins later and that was literally it!! I would lay awake all night reading, thinking, seething as Dh snored blissfully beside me grrrrr! With the twins I couldn't turn over in bed so that wasn't an option - it was either sleep on my left, or not at all lol.

Thankfully I didn't have heartburn in any of my pregnancies, but the aching, pain and peeing was unrelenting. Getting to term with twins is such an achievement tho, and it will all be worth it in the end my lovelies. Being pregnant with 17Ibs of baby was still way easier than their first 6wks in the outside world tho, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Totally sympathise and sending supportive hugs worldwide :hugs:

fm - I was laughing out loud reading your post. It's so true!!! My husband asked what was so funny, so I read it to him, and he goes "it sounds just like you". It's horrible to laugh about, but it's all true! I guess there really is nothing to do but laugh about it. DH asked me today if I would get pregnant again, and I told him yes with one baby. I want to see what the difference is!

32 weeks..... I hope this goes as fast for me as it has for you ladies!

I thought the hip thing was SPD? I get sore hips and legs, really achey at night if I lie on one side too long, and when I get out of bed my pubic area feels achey and bruised for a little while.

I'm nowhere near the point you gals are, but I definitely have the intense hip pain and horrible acid reflux. I feel like I could breathe fire it's burning so bad.

Good to know how doomed we all are. :haha:

I thought the hip thing was SPD? I get sore hips and legs, really achey at night if I lie on one side too long, and when I get out of bed my pubic area feels achey and bruised for a little while.

That's exactly how I feel!!!!!

I am only 21 weeks and ALREADY have some of the things you guys are describing...the heartburn started at 16 1/2 weeks and had gotten WORSE even taking Zantac 250...still taking Tums later in the day :( I keep getting a backache at night, but I think that one of the girls is kicking my back and one is kicking just under my belly button, so I have MAJOR pain in both areas, it has been in the high 90's in Michigan and we sleep upstairs and its SOOOO HOT at night even with the air and two fans going. So that makes it harder to sleep. my belly is 41 1/2inches around already and so its HARD to roll over at night and I am NOT a side sleeper so that makes it even harder.
And I have an almost 3 year old that we just transitioned into a toddler bed and so he had either been getting up at 3am to crawl into bed with us, so then I am up since I have to pee and put him back into his bed. I can only imagine what the next few months are going to be like!

Yeah i am only 18 weeks and already wake up stiff and achey in my hips, sometimes standing too long makes me ache too, goodness knows what i will be like later on!? LOL

At least you ladies tell it like it is and give us all some warning of things to come. Hopefully once the babies are born it'll all be forgotten xx

Yes I thought it was bad during weeks 18 - 24..... Sheesh if I only knew!!!!!

I'm getting there too. My pelvic pain in the middle of the night when I crawl to the loo is evil :wacko: I had the physio show me how to turn over as I was getting stuck :haha: I wake up about every 90 mins to pee and my back aches. Still just under 12 weeks to go and 8 more at work!

Mind you I thought my feet were puffy but FM, those look sore!

Oh traskey they are!!! They just keep gettin bigger.

I hope they go down once babies r born. I usually have teeny feet.

Oh man girls, I thought I was having sore shit now?!?!?!!!I see whats lurking around the corner in the upcoming weeks!! I have very sore pelvic bones so I can only imagine how much worse it will get.. You guys seem to be handling it all so amazing!! I can't imagine doing this with little ones in the house to take care of as well. You guys rock!
Fm your poor feet! :(
Arj- how was the shower? Did you get a ton of stuff?

I got a bit, tho a few people didnt end up making it, so that was dumb. I got a few good things tho :D
On the plus side, my DH's grandma died this morning so that's a relief, she was very old and had pneumonia and was in pain and DH's mum was by her bedside constatnly caring for her. I was worried Id go into labor and cause more stress for everyone, but now that she is dead and once the funeral is over then we can all breathe easy.

The pelvic bone thing doesnt get any better unfortunately, tho I reckon I felt pretty crap from about 24 weeks onward, it hasnt gotten too much worse since then, just bigger and heavier.

I PROMISE you'll all forget this shit once they're here. And not only that, a couple of months down the line, you'll wanna do it again!

You're all doing fab and I am still mega mega envious!

Here's me today half a day shy of 35 weeks!
46 1/2 inches around and a fundal height of around 40cm!

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 56
arj - looking great as usual!!

For the past two nights, I have had dreams about my girls. Two nights ago, it was about their birth. Last night, it was about them being here, and trying to get ready while trying to get them dressed.... it was crazy but got me very excited!!! It scares me though bc that time I had vivid dreams, it was about getting my BFP and how we were telling our families, and that was three days before I got it. So I hope this isn't a sign! Although I am more than ready for them to be here lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->