Twins, declining HCG at 9 weeks, emergency scan. GOOD NEWS UPDATE!

Dark_Star

Reaction score
I'm sitting in the waiting room of the ER, my HCG has dropped from 280,000 to 220000 in 3 days. I have been spotting for 4 weeks. I'm very scared right now.

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have no advice, but am hopping for the best! :hugs:

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have no advice, but am hopping for the best! :hugs:

I know it's hard not to freak out, but I have been reading that after the second month of pregnancy its normal for hcg to decrease

https://www.colorado.edu/intphys/iphy4480tsai/Lecture18.html

Sending you good thoughts... might be a vanishing twin :( please update us.

https://m.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels/chart

This Huggies chart shows that hcg decreases at 9-12 weeks as well. The upper hcg levels on the chart before they drop are pretty much exactly what yours were.

:hugs:

Fingers crossed that it's just a normal hcg drop and nothing major! Please keep us posted.

They were previously 320000 at 7 week so they began to drop then. That's too early.

She isnt in the second tri yet so the hcg shouldnt be decreasing yet...that is why the dr seems concerned. Hopefully it all turns out for the best. As per that chart 9-12 weeks the hcg still increases...its not until the 13th week there is a decrease. Lots of prayers your way dark.

Thinking of you and keeping positive thoughts. Please keep us posted :hugs:

Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Orionfox - hcg can begin to decrease at 9 weeks, it does happen. But as Darkstar stated hers has decreased since 7 weeks.

Darkstar- my FX are completely crossed for you and I truly hope all ends up ok. I know you have been struggling with the bleeding for quite some time now, and how stressful it has been on you. Sending tons of positive vibes and :hugs:

No news yet. I am booked for an ultrasound tomorrow.

While my HCG has dropped by 100,000 overall, it's still in the normal range for twin pregnancies.

My first scan showed 3 gestational sacs, 2 with beating hearts. So tomorrow I will see somewhere between 0 and 3 living fetuses.

I really appreciate all your good thoughts and prayers.

Will be keeping watch and have you in my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->