Twins, declining HCG at 9 weeks, emergency scan. GOOD NEWS UPDATE!

good luck hun xxx

News is good, 2 live babies. My phone is at 5% and hubby and I are going out to lunch to celebrate, I will update more from home.

I am so relieved for you!!!

Yay thats great to hear...did they say if the bleeding was related to the third sack without a baby? I wonder if thats why your hcg dropped starting at 7 weeks is because the third baby didnt workout. Im glad to hear you have two wonderful babies still on the way :)

Okay, here's the update.

Babies are measuring 9w4d and 9w3d, both have a heart rate of 174. I did not get a photo as it was a diagnostic ultrasound and the machine isn't set up to take them, but they looked like fat little gummy bears, I could see little limb buds and everything.

I am still on reduced activity and pelvic rest for the bleed, but it does not seem to be affecting babies, in fact I am measuring a full week ahead of LMP now!

Babies were much higher than I thought, my uterus has already moved up and the tech found them about halfway between my belly button and my pubic bone... no wonder I wasn't finding anything on the doppler.

The HCG drop is just my body plateauing naturally, the tech thought that because my HCG rose extremely high in the beginning that perhaps it has served its purpose already and is no longer needed. So if any of you experience a decline starting at 7-8 weeks, there still is hope!

That's fantastic news. Hope you had a fab celebration meal xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->