Two positive OPK, then negative, then positive again??? What is going on?

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
Two days ago I got a positive OPK after a temp dip, then another yesterday, then today I got what I thought was a negative(at 4:15 today) after a huge temp spike this morning at 6:15 am (temp went from 97.3-97.7 respectively)...But this test looks different from all the other OPKS (New Choice) I have taken, it was from a different batch for some reason. Then I thought they may have mixed up the tests and gave me a PG test in the package instead and freaked out. SO I took out another one (at 8:30 pm), that looks like the originals and took it and its positive again..What is going on??? I thought the temp spike meant I ovulated?? Ill post pictures of the tests.

Also took a PG test to be safe and it was negative.

Attachments

• OPKCYCLE7(2) copy.jpg
    OPKCYCLE7(2) copy.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
When this happened to me it was a delayed O by a day or so. If your chart doesn't align with this it could have been some leftover LH from your surge when you O'd maybe? I always had several positive opk's around O and just went by my bbt so I didn't go bonkers lol. That being said I would get more than one bbt dip sometimes and did with this cycle so keep bd'ing just in case! Here's my chart from this cycle if you want to see some crazy bbt's lol.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/409e7e//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

This is what i was trying to tell you last month that opk with the color in the well is the newer new choice test if you google new choice opk reviews it shows the one with color in the well a woman did a you tube video with that one a wondo and fr she showed how good this one is.she showed her smiley face her positive wondo and the new choice

When this happened to me it was a delayed O by a day or so. If your chart doesn't align with this it could have been some leftover LH from your surge when you O'd maybe? I always had several positive opk's around O and just went by my bbt so I didn't go bonkers lol. That being said I would get more than one bbt dip sometimes and did with this cycle so keep bd'ing just in case! Here's my chart from this cycle if you want to see some crazy bbt's lol.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/409e7e//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

If I am trusting my temps only it looks like I ovulated for sure last night or sometime yesterday with that huge spike. I guess the only way to confirm it is to see if my temps stay high for the next day or two. It was weird to me because last cycle I O'd on CD 14, this month is CD 11 so that is early. I wish I could post my temp chart on here but I dont have a smart phone!! I had a HUGE dip on CD 8 followed by a steady climb back up and then a huge spike on CD 12. Still had EWCM today as well. DH is on a 24 hour shift today so we cant BD, but we did yesterday and the day before that. We can again in the morning as well. Should I just trust my temps or keep using the OPKs too?

This is what i was trying to tell you last month that opk with the color in the well is the newer new choice test if you google new choice opk reviews it shows the one with color in the well a woman did a you tube video with that one a wondo and fr she showed how good this one is.she showed her smiley face her positive wondo and the new choice

So I should trust the one with the green color in the well? I bought 20 WONDFO for next month if it doesnt happen this month....I didnt check the batch numbers on the stupid OPKS...didnt think they would change up the daggone tests....I wonder if I have any more from that batch in my drawer.

Yes i would trust the ones with color since she did all three and they were all the same result i think she said these are 20 miu not 25 like the old ones.last month i used the ones with color they turned positive on time with the other opk i took they both stayed positive 2 days then went back negative so i would trust that one not the old ones.that's why i stopped using those they kept giving me positive even after i confirmed o with a 3 day temp rise

Yes i would trust the ones with color since she did all three and they were all the same result i think she said these are 20 miu not 25 like the old ones.last month i used the ones with color they turned positive on time with the other opk i took they both stayed positive 2 days then went back negative so i would trust that one not the old ones.that's why i stopped using those they kept giving me positive even after i confirmed o with a 3 day temp rise

Ok, thanks for the info.. your post was very helpful. I checked the batch number. I have 1 left in the new batch in the drawer. I already ordered the other brand for next month, but I will remember this for future reference. Ill just trust my temp spike if it stays higher for the next day or two. Thank goodness I am temping this month!

Your welcome :dust: and if you are taking certain supplements it can cause early ovulation

Metformin can make you ovulate early fertilaid is a vitamin so i don't think that will cause early ovulation

Well my temp went back to the coverline today at 2DPO so I guess either I didnt ovulate or I had a fallback rise?

Did you wake up in the night or anything a lot of things can cause your temp to drop a little .i would wait until tomorrow to see if it comes back up since it did stay up for 2 days a lot of women have this happen and they get there bfp.don't let it discourage you myself it depends on what i sleep in our if my heater is on in my room

Did you wake up in the night or anything a lot of things can cause your temp to drop a little .i would wait until tomorrow to see if it comes back up since it did stay up for 2 days a lot of women have this happen and they get there bfp.don't let it discourage you myself it depends on what i sleep in our if my heater is on in my room

I woke up at 2:30 then 5:45 briefly, and fell back asleep for a bit. Maybe that messed it up?? I took it at 6:25 this morning. I did it three times in a row, 97.20, 97.41, and then 97.34. Can you see my chart if I post the link? I still have EWCM today as well.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I can't pull up your chart it asks for your user name but you do have to get at least 3 straight hrs of uninterrupted sleep to get a accurate bbt and you can still get some ewcm after you ovulate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->