• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two Week Wait for LTTTC'ers!

Tarkwa

Mummy to two boys :) xxx
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I thought it would be a good idea to create an 'official' thread for all those ladies who are LTTTC'ers and in the post ovulation limbo that it the Two Week Wait (aka 2WW or TWW). When I've looked at the main 2WW area I find that it is full of girls/ladies who are at the beginning of their journeys, but things are a little different for us, right?!

I'm sure we've all been there, those first 6 months of TTC were very exciting, (they were for me), but then that started to fade and the expectation of a BFP seemed further and further away.

So, technically I'm in the 2WW, but not sure if AF is arriving or whether I might have had IB. I'm just not sure tbh, but based on my experience (and unfortunately there is LOTS of that!) I think it's AF. My last period was a weird one so not sure what CD I am, or even if I O'd this cycle (no EWCM or CD21 blood test) so I am all over the place :wacko:!

My symptoms (if you can call them that!) are:
TMI ALERT brown CM
and that's about it!

I'll keep you all posted with whether the witch decides to show her ugly face, or whether I will be POAS again with the hope that I might see that second line!

GL ladies and lots of :dust: - can't wait to hear from you!
xxx

Great idea for a thread! I know what you mean about the TTC forum...I actually find it hard to remember what it felt like when I was sure that it was going to happen any minute!

I'm technically not in the 2ww yet as I just got a positive OPK today, but I'm looking forward to symptom spotting this month- its been a while since I did. Let me know how you're feeling, Tarkwa! :flower:

I promise to come over when I am in the 2ww again. Af is making her appearance tonight when I wipe so I should be on CD1 tomorrow or Thursday.

Great idea for a thread though :)

And just a note so that those don't go through the same hope that I did this cycle. If you get a very sharp pain after you've had a HSG test, a week after ov and dare to hope that it's implantation, alas, it probably isn't but something left over from the HSG.

Good luck with the 2ww ladies!

8dpo so bang in the middle of my 2ww. Symptoms are the same as every cycle that give me hope i might actualy be pg sore breasticles, pulling twinges in my tum and feeling sick :(

If i hadnt had these symptoms every month since startin clomid i might get excited xxx

I'll keep you company! I'm in my tww but I am not expecting a bfp this month. But I am always a little hopeful. Currently on CD25 (10dpo) and AF is due in a week. I try not look for symptons because my mind plays tricks!
Fingers crossed!

Im 1 dpo, not holding out too much hope for this month now though as after all the effort this week we didnt dtd yesterday :dohh:

Hoping that the day before was enough but been there done that so.....:wacko:

Good luck girlies x

Still no sign of AF - CM just a tiny bit more dark coloured than normal, but no AF yet. I did have lower back-ache today, but not sure if that's because someone has hidden my chair which was adjusted perfectly for me :growlmad:. I sat in it and knew it wasn't mine right away but none of the other chairs in my office felt right either. Humph!
My boobies haven't been as sore as they have been previously. Last cycle they were fine just before AF, and this cycle too, but with previous cycles when I took my bra off the pain was not nice (heavy boobies and tender/sore nip-nips).
xxx

i've been looking for something like this and was about to start a thread on this! LOL!

well i am on 8 dpo coming on for 9 dpo if i don't get to bed soon!

so far i have LOADS of symptoms of PG but i am really trying not to think that it might actually be as it is way to early for symptoms!

i'm gonna list them!

1) sore lower back
2) mid morning nausea
3) a heavy feeling in lower abdomen crossed with a pressure out just above my pubic bone
4) i had cramping on 456 and a little on 8 dpo joined with a pinching feeling on 8 dpo
5) creamy cm and very wet.
6) cervix was high, firm and closed from 2 dpo through to 7 dpo now it's low firm and closed
7) headache in the evenings and sore hips in evening.
8) one bb is really vainy but neither is sore or itchy.
9) stuffy and runny nose but not coming to a cold.
10) weeing more often but only little wee's iykwim?

there is something i am forgetting but can't remember it! lol!

oh yeah, my opks are showing a strong line but not a positive! yes i am a poas addict! lol
yeah and i am really hungry today!

thats it! lol!

feel free to have a look at my chart and tell me what you think?

Ooooo FX for you Jen xx

Might be sounding thick here but what does iykwim mean? xx

Yay, some good symptoms happening, girls! Fingers crossed!

I had the most frustrating thing happen to me. I got a positive OPK and we BD'd that night, but the next day my DH got a rash 'down there' and we couldn't BD on ovulation day itself!! Argh!! :growlmad:

What do you ladies think- did I miss the egg this month? I can't believe the timing... :shrug:

Lisa84 - iykwim means "if you know what I mean"
heli x

Yay, some good symptoms happening, girls! Fingers crossed!

I had the most frustrating thing happen to me. I got a positive OPK and we BD'd that night, but the next day my DH got a rash 'down there' and we couldn't BD on ovulation day itself!! Argh!! :growlmad:

What do you ladies think- did I miss the egg this month? I can't believe the timing... :shrug:

BD'ing a day before ovulation actually increases your chances of pregnancy - that's what research has shown :thumbup: It takes the swimmers roughly 7 hours to get to the right place and they live an average of 48 hours so I think your timing was perfect!!!

Im 1DPO today - first natural ovulation after Ovarian drilling :happydance:

Of course no symptoms :haha:

Wow Maria thats fab news!! How was the OD?

I'm having the usually symptoms i get but my breasticles are more sore than usual so ya just never know xx

Hi Maria- we're the same DPO, I'm on 1 too! How was the OD? I don't know much about it- how long did it take?

Thanks for the reassurance about my chances- I was getting so upset thinking I was out.

fantastic idea for a thread. I have just come over here after reading some of the posts on the 'two week wait'. It is definately different for those of us who have been trying a while.

I am 8 or 9dpo (approx). My last few cycles have been a bit erratic so I have been doing a bit of guess work this month!

Trying not to symptom spot or obsess but the fact that I am posting on the site suggests that I am not winning! I keep trying to remind myself that all of my symptoms (sore bbs, cramps, tiredness, runny nose), I have had before and they resulted in a BFN.

Fingers crossed though, maybe this will be our month xx

Aww man I was so looking forward to get in on the tww action - this
Orning my boobs were sore, so I think I'm 1dpo and we haven't bd since Saturday  ill have to wait till
Next month now!!

Well, my symptoms were:
no big red painful spots (which I usually get before AF)
none sore boobies (again, which I usually get before AF)
spotting a few days ago (normally start of AF)
But I'm no longer in the 2WW - bloody typical as soon as I start the thread I'm in it for 5 mins!!! Click here to find out why!
xxx

Tarkwa, that is competely amazing!!! So happy for you, hun!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I think it's a sign that this is going to be a lucky thread- you're the first of many!! :)

Well I'm 3dpo but I've not got any symptoms...I have cramping and I have sore breasts but I ALWAYS have that after I O and I've never been pregnant yet with it, not even an evap line... so I am thinking no. Not this month. In fact, I'd say they are less this month which bodes even less positive thinking. I've got a cold too which is just annoying. So now I'm sick and annoyed.

And I spent my evening talking to a friend who's just newly pregnant (doesn't know we are TTC) who'd been chatting to other TTC friends, who apparently just weren't doing it right. Which hurt...hurt a lot. I just wanted to cry. But that would have given the game away. Of course I told her that it's not that easy...and was pretty harsh about it. But still... :cry:

Sigh...I just wish AF would hurry up so we can try again. I can remember those first few excited months of TTC...when I was so certain I'd be pregnant so soon...Now it just feels desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->