TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

Thinking of you today One Bump!

OMG. Torres. Your daughter is soooooo beautiful!!! That is super cute that she is so excited about "her" little sibling!

Torres - Here's a quick overview - I hope it makes sense. I take Femara (like Clomid) only on CD3-CD7. I have an Ultrasound on Friday which is CD9 to check my lining and see how many and what size my follicles are. I also have another estrogen blood test. I will then trigger (give myself an injection). This shot will make my body ovulate the egg(s) 24-36 hours after. We are instructed to BD that night. Skip a day. Then hubby goes in to give his goods. They "wash" his "sample". Which means the strongest swimmers swim to the top. They only want to take the best ones. I go in 2 hours after him - they use some sort of catheter type thing to insert them directly into my uterus. Poof - hopefully I am knocked up.
I am getting very excited. I can't wait. My spirits are way up. I am feeling really positive. I really enjoyed Acupuncture last night. I feel like a kid during Christmas time about this cycle. I honestly can't wait. I am very positive for some reason this cycle and just really hope that we get lucky with IUI #1.
Happy that you are feeling better and more functional! Did your daughter start school yet. The kids here went back yesterday. Is she excited about her new sibling?

Onebump - I see you already started your BDing! You go girl!

Snow: its so good to hear you sounding confidant! There is something to be said for positive attitude. I really hope this all goes well for you. Keep the spirits up and anxiety down and all will be fine! Take care.

Thanks Snow. She sure is my little princess. Hubby still jokes sometimes about wanting a paternity test as neither of us have blonde hair, we both have super dark brown hair. She definitely does not look half Spanish!

Babyhopes - Is your Dr sending you for an early scan?

Onebump - Thinking about you today girl! Hope all goes well and this is a giant leap towards your BFP!

Kind of started, but I have my HSG tomorrow so don't like the idea of someone looking up there if there is sperm up there. LOL, but will get to it as soon as I'm capable after, don't expect it to be tomorrow night though!!

No not meant to drive, considering walking to work, it isn't too far but is just a five minute walk from the hospital. So will make tomorrow easier.... we'll see, depends how organised I am in the morning.

Snow I am just super excited about your cycle. I am sure it won't be long now :happydance: You go girl.

I was crying tonight about it all again. Blech!! Have a splitting sore head now.

Good luck Bump! May this be the beginning of the end of all your TTC troubles. I wish you all the best. I hope it's not too uncomfortable, and that it works perfectly and that you're on the road to your own BFP. Thoughts with you today!

Thanks Snow. She sure is my little princess. Hubby still jokes sometimes about wanting a paternity test as neither of us have blonde hair, we both have super dark brown hair. She definitely does not look half Spanish!

Babyhopes - Is your Dr sending you for an early scan?

Onebump - Thinking about you today girl! Hope all goes well and this is a giant leap towards your BFP!

Nope, dont think. She mentioned getting one "mid-sept", but I dont see her again until the 25th? What's the norm for the first scan?

She also gave me a bunch of stuff to read on prenatal genetic screening which freaked me out. Is that normal or just cause I'm old?? It won mean an additional scan but I don't know that i would want that info.

I'm pretty sure that's normal. I can't say that with 100% certainty because I did my 6 months prenatal in Spain with my daughter. Although, in Spain they talked to me about genetic screening, and I had tests around 12 weeks. And I think that's the main reason for the 12 week scan, to check for growth and any markers of Downs or any other abnormalities.
Sorry if this didn't help! Maybe try asking over in 1st trimester.

Normal for first scan is around 12 weeks. Than they do another one around the 20 week mark.

Thanks babyhopes!

Torres - My mom has dark hair and my dad has blonde hair. Me and my 2 sisters all have blonde hair. hehe!

I'm gonna post a picture of my little girl.

She may have ears that stick out, bulgy eyes and a flat nose but she's my baby! Y'all can put a face to my name too.

This is me and her out on the boat last weekend:
https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/lisamarie120/Demi%20Boat/040.jpg

And one of just her:
https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/lisamarie120/Demi%20Boat/048.jpg

She's a Boston Terrier and her name is Demi. My love!

She is absolutely adorable! And you are stunning yourself Snow!

You are a stunner Snow :)

Your dog is better though ;) She is a cracker though!

So I got a chat from the doc then laid up on the bed. The doc washed me, EUW, I know I know, but EUW. He put in the speculum and then the catheter, it was AGONY, I screamed and the doc pulled out and said they would have to stop if it was too much for me. I burst into tears saying no, I need to know, please keep going. They were quite reluctant but willing to try again. So he went back in and it wasn't as painful, it was sore, but not as bad. I said it seemed bearable. So they called in the radiologist and got the x-ray in position. It was so sore, but better than the initial agony.

Then the suppository. Lovely, that was my first!!

But the news is not great (it could be worse I know). One tube seemed blocked, but one was fine. Doc did say the report might appear slightly different though, the radiologist and gyno couldn't decide if they saw spill from the right one or not...Won't get proper results for a while yet though...

Onebump - Sorry you were in such pain. Thank goodness it's over now though! So one tube is blocked? Can they unblock it? What would it mean if they saw spill? What is EUW? When do you go for the proper results?

Onebump - Sorry you were in such pain. Thank goodness it's over now though! So one tube is blocked? Can they unblock it? What would it mean if they saw spill? What is EUW? When do you go for the proper results?

Looks like it Torres :cry:No idea if they will do anything about it yet, as I won't get to speak to my gyno till after OH's SA on the 12th. So a bit in the dark at the minute. Although at least it's not impossible, depending on where I O from. So we will BD and hope for the best towards the end of the week.

Euw was kind of my way of saying yuck as in 'eeeeeeuuuuuuuwwww' lol. Getting cleaned by a doc felt pretty yuck!!

No idea when I'll get those proper results, but I would guess around 3 weeks at the earliest. :thumbup:

I wonder if your long cycle is when you O from the blocked side?! It would make sense wouldn't it? If it is, then at least you will know which cycle you are more fertile! This is a short cycle month isn't it?! Get BDing!!!!
I thought that's what you meant by EUW, but I just wanted to ask incase it was short form for something! Yes, that would most def be uncomfortable! Wow, would it ever.

Onebump - I just googled HSG and blocked tubes, and there are SO many people who got pregnant after having a HSG and told that their (a lot of cases both) tube(s) were blocked. Someone said that an HSG may actually temporarily unblock tubes for up to 3 months!

Torres: What a beautiful DD you have! :)

Snow: You are beautiful and Demi is gorgeous! :)

Bump: I'm so glad though you got the HSG done and are now closer to your forever baby. :hugs: I'm sorry it was painful and uncomfortable. :hugs: I hope you fall pregnant before the results get back. Wouldn't that be sweet. Sending you lots of hugs and PMA!!!

Babyhopes: I think scans depends on where you live or which Dr. you have. I live here in Ohio and my Dr. does scans at about 8 weeks. But, then you don't get another until 20 weeks. I couldn't wait until 20 weeks, so I paid for a private scan at 14+4.

Its a good thing I did. My scan went ok yesterday, but about freaked me out. Tech couldn't get measurements or look at brain structure or kidneys. She also couldn't tell me the gender and said it wasn't possible until 21 weeks. She was a B****! So, I've been worried that there is something wrong. Etc. She said the baby was small, but I looked up 9oz and thats normal for 19 weeks.

I'll see my Dr. on Tuesday and see what he says. I should be rescheduled another ultrasound for 23 weeks, I think.

Unblocked them if the contrast travelled all the way through your tubes*

Thanks girls.

Oh Torres how sweet of you going away researching. Thanks I am feeling a little more optimistic than a few hours ago! Don't think I became unblocked as only one tube spilled (the open one)...but then maybe it was previously blocked and that one was unblocked by the procedure ;)

Snow: love the pup (and the pic)! My bestie was a Boston too, they're awesome. A good size, a bit high strung :p
You look so young! You'll love that when you're 40 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->