Type 1 diabetes

I have another scan in 4 weeks. I'll see then they have noted it on my scan report as polyhydramnious though so I might not of seen the right fluid level if 25 is normal x

They may still consider 25 high for ur gestation! Which to be honest 25 at just 26 weeks is high!

I think it must vary from person to person as mine was picked up at my growth scans with each pregnancy so that is 28 weeks an nearly 27 but looks like pink23 had it a lot earlier in her pregnancy as it was picked up at the 20 week scan. It is a lot more common in diabetics but in normal pregnancy I read it is only abt 1 in every 500 pregnancies. I think mine must of happened when I had a huge growth as before my bump popped I just looked like I was carrying extra weight now I look ready to pop. When is your next scan? X

Hi pinkbump, my next scan is 18th Feb, for the anomaly scan, I am intrigued by all the extra fluid chat because I feel very 'squishy' I'm not far enough to be showing a bump I think but I feel swollen everywhere, even my face. I'm 4 months on Tuesday.

The last 2 days I've been out of action, I had awful sickness from 2am Thursday morning til 8 am and since then I've only been able to eat crackers and OJ. This has meant my 1st pregnancy absence from work.

Rah! Im so ready for this to be over! I didnt sleep at all last night...i got home from work last night ( i only teach at a college 3 days per week, 3 hrs at a time) and my hubby had to help roll my pants off of me when i got home! My kankles are so bad! I hate saying this but i wish my water would just break. Im under so much pressure, just stretching so much, my hips cant handle all the weight either so they kill too! I just cried lmao... Pregnancy is not for me.

I have a diabetes appointment later too, joy!

Nikki, it won't be too long for you now, but I'm sure it can't come soon enough.
I hope your appointment goes ok, is it a routine one or something specific?

Just my monthly appointment andmy last diabetic one for the pregnancy! I hate going.

Hope baby can come soon Nikki xx

I have a horrible cold and my bloods are all over the place. I've just set up a temp basal so I'm hoping this will help. I'm feeling tired on the afternoon to and it's a pain at items as esmae is none stop and cal doesn't know what he wants to do .

I'm at work the weekend and I'm hoping it's not as busy as last week. I was running around that much I had a hypo. Hope everyone's ok xx

Will you be finding out what your having miss ej?

An I know how you feel Nikki I sobbed to my OH the other night about how much I want the next 10 weeks to just be over. I am only around 5ft or 5ft1 an my bump is now starting to come out the sides I'm that stretched (may be my organs getting squashed out) but the pain is awful.

I hope your employers allow you some extra breaks if needed pink23! Nothing worse than having a hypo in work! My sugars dropped to 2 today in work an I was training a new girl she must of thought I was talking a load of shite as I waffle on when bs drops lol
X

I'm a ward clerk on a & e so luckily I'm in the right place. They are always asking me if I'm ok . It was just one of those days where I was here there and everywhere and you know when you keep saying to yourself I will check in a min lol. The sister in charge was lovely tbh x

Oh that's good. Must be hard having a job were you are on the go all the time as you would need to stop what your doing to go an check your bs. At least they would know what to do if you had a bad hypo. Don't think my work would have a clue tbh x

Pinkbump, I think we will find out, we've had lots of people guess at the skull shaper but I don't put a massive amount of faith in it. My OH thinks we're having a girl, but I have no idea.

Hypos at work are never fun, people are always aware you might but I think they tend to be genuinely panicked if I do go low... I have a bag of grapes on my desk so I snack on about 6-8 of them if it's worse I also have lucozade. But I sit on my bum all day in an office, so I'm more likely to hypo out of work.

I've had a weird case of hiccups for a day and a half? I'm assuming it's related to heartburn etc, but it's getting irritating. Anyone else had this at all?

Do grapes help you if you go low? When I hypo I use lucozade as it's the quickest thing for me can't imagine grapes sorting you out very quickly.

Aww it's is obviously all personal choice we was planning on being team yellow until she asked if we wanted to know and I caved lol. I had been texting my mum before the scan saying it's a boy I know it is an he was definitely a boy so strange as with my daughter all I ever looked at was girls stuff an she was a girl x

If I catch a hypo early, grapes help, if I'm already 3 and dropping or if I feel a bad one (I can feel when I'm dropping if it's very fast from about 5 or 6) then I need lucozade.
At the start of the pregnancy, lucozade was my only saviour, it was awful, things seem a bit easier for now blood sugar wise but I know this could be another phase til I need more insulin. I'm not having to carb load so much to keep my sugars up, so hopefully I'll stop gaining so much weight! I feel like such a tub!

Missej ur scan does look girly :)

I dont think my little girl is gunna hold out much longer :/ i feel so off the past few days!

Well Nikki, be sure to let us know if you go early, I'm sure all will be fine, we are all better looked after than most pregnant ladies.
I hope you mange to find just a teeny bit of relaxing time before hand :flower:

Ugh i was admitted into the hospital around 4 pm lastnight,im home now and relaxing! My blood sugars were dropping way low and baby didnt do too hot on the non stress test so they wanted to monitor for 24 hrs...everything checked out ok! Lots of contractions every 4-8 mins but no huge progress going on down there...doc said im very soft and a fingertip dilated but thats it. 2 more weeks til c section, i cant wait already! This swelling is getting out of control. I dont even look like myself.

Ugh i was admitted into the hospital around 4 pm lastnight,im home now and relaxing! My blood sugars were dropping way low and baby didnt do too hot on the non stress test so they wanted to monitor for 24 hrs...everything checked out ok! Lots of contractions every 4-8 mins but no huge progress going on down there...doc said im very soft and a fingertip dilated but thats it. 2 more weeks til c section, i cant wait already! This swelling is getting out of control. I dont even look like myself.

Poor thing. It sounds like you are in good hands though. I hope you can rest and relax a bit :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->