Type 1 diabetes

Oh hope your ok Nikki! When is your next scan? An will it definitely be a c section as I know you wasn't to keen on the idea?

I went to see diabetes nurse yesterday an my a1c has risen abit to 6.6. She told me diabetics tend to get excess fluid when they have high sugars but obviously mine haven't been bad. Useless information really as I had this last time an my sugars weren't high then either. Also been to have my eyes checked today an they told me that my eyes have improved since the last time I was referred to the hospital so I'm happy about that.

How are all the other ladies getting on?

Also I probably sound abit daft now but what size clothes will you all be buying the baby? I know that diabetics tend to have larger babies but my first was 7lb an fit in tiny baby. I'm just not sure how many sleep suits in each size :/ x

at the moment I'm buying 0-3. think once I've had my 20 week scan i may buy smaller but depends how big baby is. Ive got mw tomorrow and hoping to hear the heartbeat. I was quite surprised as I had run out of test strips yesterday and worried when i got my new prescription my blood would be sky high but it was 9. I was happy with that :) sorry its all one big paragraph. my stupid keyboard is playing up and I have no enter button lol xx

Hi girls, I'm ok, all quiet here at the mo... It's funny, I get so tired of the symptoms like sickness, aches, itchiness etc, but the moment I get a break, I'm paranoid!
I have the Antenatal clinic on Monday, the MW on Tuesday, do you think she'll let me hear the heartbeat? I'm started to feel un pregnant... Just tubby

Think I might wait a few weeks an see how much he has grown on the next scan. An you are at that I between stage now missej enjoy it while you can!! I'm sure the midwife will check with the Doppler they have done at my appt from around 16 weeks x

Hi ladies & congratulations to you all! Can I join please??

After almost 2years TTC, I finally got my bfp on monday!! :happydance: Ironically, Monday was the day I was due for my first appointment at the fertility clinic, which I obviously had to cancel! :)

I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship and sadly a daughter who was born stillborn 11 years ago this year. So I have had the worst experience in pregnancy & also the best.....I am very nervous about everything. I met my diabetic midwives today at the hospital & they were amazing, I feel really comfortable in their care & they put my mind at rest over a few things.
I've had type 1 for 27 years & am now 34. Previously I've neglected myself by not testing, missing insulin & being completely ignorant to this condition...hence me struggling to conceive. But I've got a whole new approach now & I'm testing like mad. I've really looked after myself for the last few months & it's worked!! :)

Sorry to ramble on, it's just other people don't get the extra pressure & worry that we have. I think I'm about 5 weeks pregnant now.
Good luck to all those who are almost there! :) Xx

Welcome friskyfish!:). Congrats!!

I have my growth scan on monday! Shes gunna measure prob 9-10lbs and im def having a c section UNLESS she decides to come on her own before 37 weeks. ( doubtful) but who knows with all this extra fluid! Im ok with the c sec now, gettibg my tubes tied, itll be harder recovery but easier in the long run i suppose and its just safer all around!

Myswelling is still very bad too :( to the point i can barely walk...i wish this little girl would make an appearance already! Im sure im going to be loaded w stretchmarks from the extra fluid amd her being so big :( makes me sad bc i didnt get one w my first!

My first fit in newborns for the first 8 weeks and she was 7.14 at birth!
This one will not be as small bt i have loads of 0-3 months from her sister for her already..i didnt need much clothes at all just some new white onesies and such!

Oh hope your ok Nikki! When is your next scan? An will it definitely be a c section as I know you wasn't to keen on the idea?

I went to see diabetes nurse yesterday an my a1c has risen abit to 6.6. She told me diabetics tend to get excess fluid when they have high sugars but obviously mine haven't been bad. Useless information really as I had this last time an my sugars weren't high then either. Also been to have my eyes checked today an they told me that my eyes have improved since the last time I was referred to the hospital so I'm happy about that.

How are all the other ladies getting on?

Also I probably sound abit daft now but what size clothes will you all be buying the baby? I know that diabetics tend to have larger babies but my first was 7lb an fit in tiny baby. I'm just not sure how many sleep suits in each size :/ x

I think u and i are literally living the same pregnancies lmao!
My a1c was 6.6 most of this pregnancy. Last month 6.8 but still not too bad... And i have all these complications and so frustrated w it all! And just like u my first pregnancy was just fine!

Congratulations friskyfish. I hope it all goes smoothly for you!!

I have bought some first size and newborn which are from different stores an they have different weights on them it's silly really so I might get some 0-3 an see how big he is when he arrives. Also having an April baby so not sure what type of weather to expect as it was snowing in March last year :/

Nikki I will be glad when it's over an I still have about 10 weeks left!! I've gained nearly 2 stone and it's mainly bump. I haven't got any stretch marks fx'd I won't get any! I didn't with DD but then again I was probably this size when I had her. Also how are you feeling in yourself? I feel physically drained so tired I could sleep all day.

Extremely tired and sore here too! I just wanna sleep all damn day but cant w my dd!
I didnt start to get stretch marks til 32 weeks because thats when the fluid and baby truly deided to plump right up...now they are on my lower belly amd itch and are so uncomfy :(. Bah!

My poor boobs are always sore, legs and feet constantly fluffy they hurt to even lean on them...ive been having epsom salt baths every night and massage my legs and it seems to be helping....i have another week and a half of teaching until morgan comes..im counting the days!

Have you got a date for your c section? I have 6 weeks left in work now I honestly can't wait to finish even though it's not hard I find myself sitting there yawning an just don't want to do much anymore :/

Congrats friskyfish xx
It's sonics having people relate to what your saying .

Mw today and it was pointless. They did my urine and she said is there a family history of diabetes. I snapped back accidentally and sai I was actually diabetic . Not my usual Mw. No heartbeat listening until 24 weeks :-( xx

C sec is set for feb 19th! amnio on the 17th to check her lungs (legally he cant induce me for a large baby at 37 weeks unless i have an amnio)...

Congrats friskyfish xx
It's sonics having people relate to what your saying .

Mw today and it was pointless. They did my urine and she said is there a family history of diabetes. I snapped back accidentally and sai I was actually diabetic . Not my usual Mw. No heartbeat listening until 24 weeks :-( xx

Really? Mine check from 16 weeks as it's in between scans.

C sec is set for feb 19th! amnio on the 17th to check her lungs (legally he cant induce me for a large baby at 37 weeks unless i have an amnio)...

You still need one even though it's a c section an not an induction?

Congrats friskyfish!!

Nikki sorry to hear you are having so much trouble I remember feeling exactly like that at your stage with my son just constantly in pain with being so huge!!

Pink23 I also had heartbeat checked at 16 week midwife appointment, she didn't sound too helpful!!

I made the HUGE mistake of weighing myself today; I now feel down and huge!!

Welcome Frikyfish! Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Regarding baby grows... I've not got a clue!? Knowing my luck I'll need 9-12months and the little scamp will come out walking! :wacko:
But in all seriousness, I'll judge it nearer the time, maybe get a couple of newborn and a couple 0-3?

Hi Friskyfish, congrats and welcome!

Pink23, its so annoying when they obviously haven't even looked at your file!

Nikki, I cant believe you are still teaching! And your little girl will be here so soon :baby:

Re clothes and stuff for bub, I'm thinking I'll get the minimum required then just send hubby out to get what we need as we need it. Much easier... well, for me, not for him!

Thanks girls!

Yea still need the amnio bc they wont take her if her lungs arent mature... C sec or induction.

Lets not talk about weight lmao..i gained 70lbs! Mostly water but its still hard to wrap my head around :( and 25 of it has been in the last 2 weeks and i barely eat! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->