Type 1 diabetes

Nikki! So happy that you have your beautiful baby girl already, and 10lbs! Well done :thumbup: no wander you were uncomfy.
I hope this time passes quickly for you and you will soon be cuddled with baby Morgan. :hugs:

Nikki congratulations on Morgan's arrival! I can't believe she is here already.

I'm so sorry you are not well and bub is separated from you. As others have said she is in the best place to be monitored. I hope things improve for you both really quickly :hugs:

I have noticed a trend over the past few days that before going to bed, my BSL is around 3-4 so I have my usual supper of small glass of milk and 2 tsp milo powder which would normally (as in up until last week) let me wake up in the morning with a sugar around 4-5, but the last few days I wake up with a level in the high teens :cry:

I'm feeling very guilty for baby and have sent all of my data to my endocrinologist today for his advice, I'm not sure if my insulin resistance is coming back. Has this happened to anyone else around 23-24 weeks?

Elizabean, how did it go at the endocrinologist?

Nikki, how are things today? X

Hi thank u so much ladies... I was discharged yesterday so i can go and visit morgan in the nicu at the other hospital..im doing ok, very sore though and trying to rest as much as possible.

So far she is starting to stabilize blood sugars on her own, but still not onsistently so she has a sugar feeding line in her belly button still... She started out at 7 units on it, is currently on 5 and we need to get to 0 before the line can be pulled...on top of it she has massive bruising from being so big for my tiny belly and all the pressure from my ribs and fluids was crushing her so she has lots of jaundice now :(... She is still refusing to feed but once her sugars perk up she shoukd be less lethargic and start gradually sucking better... Its been rough... We visit her 2xs a day, shoud be going back in an hour or so..thankfuly we live 5 mins from the hospital!

Ill keep u updated.

Glad your home. Hope morgan has a speedy recovery . I'm worried of nicu it frightens me. Hope they are friendly .
Make sure you try and rest when you can xx

Aww bless her. Hope she gets sorted quick an you can have her home with you.

The pain should die down in a few days keep taking your pain killers x

I have noticed a trend over the past few days that before going to bed, my BSL is around 3-4 so I have my usual supper of small glass of milk and 2 tsp milo powder which would normally (as in up until last week) let me wake up in the morning with a sugar around 4-5, but the last few days I wake up with a level in the high teens :cry:

I'm feeling very guilty for baby and have sent all of my data to my endocrinologist today for his advice, I'm not sure if my insulin resistance is coming back. Has this happened to anyone else around 23-24 weeks?

I'm going through this too and I was 24 weeks on Monday I'm waking up fine but even if I'm fasting my sugars are between 10-11 so I've changed my basal so hopefully that will help. How are you doing now?

Nikki, pleased to hear you are home. It's good that she is stabilizing more now hopefully soon she will be able to control her sugars all by herself and will start feeding. As pinkbump2011 said keep up the pain killers I was contrantly on co-codamol for the first week and it helped a lot xx

Good news! Morgans sugar tube was pulled from her belly button! Her jaundice levels are acceptable so no lights needed, and she took a full bottle today! Hopefully by this weekend she will be home! :)

Whoop whoop!! That's great news Nikki! :happydance:
Out of interest... Did your own insulin requirements drop straight away?

Great news. Can't wait to see some pictures of her.

Missej as soon as I had my dd they halved my insulin an I had to go from there. I think as soon as the placenta is gone you are no longer producing high levels of hormones so the requirement drops straight away x

Missej as soon as I had my dd they halved my insulin an I had to go from there. I think as soon as the placenta is gone you are no longer producing high levels of hormones so the requirement drops straight away x

I spoke to the diabetes educator at the hospital and she said insulin needs would reduce dramatically within an hour of the placenta coming out. I was amazed it would be that fast!

A question for ladies who have been there and done that, especially on injections, how did you manage your insulin whilst in labour? At the moment I'm on about 3x my pre pregnancy amount, so if I have my long acting insulin, and labour doesn't take as long then I'm possibly sitting around for 12-24 hours with 3x the insulin needed floating around. I'm guessing they do a glucose drip?

Sorry I'm no help with this one as I never got to go into labour. But I think they said to me they would see how I managed an if need be then you will be placed on the drip. X

Same as above as I was in labour less than an hour (officially) I spoke to a woman at clinic though and said she was placed on a insulin and glucose drip and they controlled it for her she just made sure she drank energy drinks all the way through x

Thanks for the info girls.

I had my anomaly scan yesterday, all was well, they said there was a teeny bit of extra fluid but that it is normal for non diabetics at this stage too?
The ultrasound guy must have never seen an insulin pump or CGM before as I felt he asked me more questions than I asked him!

I have an anterior placenta, so, still not feeling anything, but it looked like the baby was having a disco in there!

Hahaha I only seen one for the first time a few weeks ago. An I have an anterior placenta to. Didn't have one last time but have this time. Feel lots of movements now but I don't think they are as strong as when I had last baby as could see all the limbs poking out etc.

Glad the baby is doing well x

My endo let me handle my own blood sugars in the hospital... But most doctors will put u on a drip because u dont need much insulin in labor with contractions.

Great news! Morgans feeding tube was pulled! If she takes all her feeds for the next 24 hours and doesnt lose too much weight by tomorrow then she gets to come home tomorrow night or sunday!! :). So excited... I will hop onto my computer and post a picture of my sugar baby !! Im so excited!

Here is my lil sugar baby ;)

Morgan Renae Lewis 10lbs, 22 inches long.. slowly losing weight though! and should be home from the NICU soon! born at 36+6

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/moe2_zps8b0d9946.jpg
https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/moe1week_zps32718aba.jpg
https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/meanmuggin_zps57ca1a32.jpg

Cutie pie Morgan! :thumbup:
You must be delighted that she's home soon! So happy for you! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"