Type 1 diabetes

Pink im so sorry! I felt exactly how u felt at 30 weeks :(. Try to stay at positive as possible, rest when u can ( i kno its hard)... Rest your feet... The swelling may begin soon and i found that to be the worst part.... Even tho i had my bubs i hope u all dont mind me posting here!

Aww don't be silly I'm sure we will all keep posting after our baby's have come as we are all at different stages.

The ob has booked me a scan for 2 weeks time now an said he wants to see how baby is growing as he will be off the charts in 4 weeks time!! An he needs to see if I need to go in earlier to have baby due to me not being very big myself. Hoping our little bubba slows down :(
X

Hugs pinkbump xx

M cold still hasn't gone :-( this silly cough is doing my head in. I'm at the drs next week so will mention again if I still have it .
All is ok here. Can't remember if I said or not but my hba1c before pregnancy was 9.9 and now it's 6.9 I'm hoping it stays ok for next check as the last 3 weeks haven't been the best but like everyone has said I'm trying .
Scan in 2 weeks and I can't wait as I'm not really showing and no movements as yet but I know every pregnancy is different. Hope everyone is ok xx

Aww mine was up abit today my last one was 6.6% an the lady I seen today didn't seem to make much sense. She said my last one was 7.7% which it wasn't as my diabetes nurse told me what it was. An she said this one was 7% which I'm not sure what she was doing as she was going online using a calculator to convert it?

Have they changed the way it's worked out or something I'm confused x

They did change it but I thnk it went back to the old way, confuses me lol. Xx

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for replying to me I am so scared but trying to stay positive. I really hope that I get the chance to tell my story to someone else going through the same thing and tell them that everything turned out just fine. It really does help talking to all of you (women with type 1 diabetes and expecting) because I feel that you truly understand what I am going through and how I feel. I know my family is there for me I just don't think they really understand what I am going through right now. So again thank you very much. I joined this group this morning at 2:30am because I couldn't stop thinking about miscarriages and stillbirths and I couldn't go to sleep with all theses racing thoughts but I will tell you that hearing all your stories has helped to ease my mind a little bit.

Cheyanna, do you take any drugs for the gastreoparesis? I'm only asking as my obstetrician is trying to wean me off mine during the pregnancy.

So I had my eye check yesterday- unfortunately they found a bleed in my left eye. I'm coming up to 24 years of diabetes so I thought this day would come in the next few years, but its still upsetting.

The doctor said its quite small and not to worry. The plan is to check it every 2 months to see if it is getting bigger or smaller and depending on what it does they will decide on how to treat it. I was a bit annoyed as I have not had a HBA1C over 6.9 in the last 2 years, and the doctor said "make sure your diabetes is well controlled". Ugh! Easy for him to say, try being a pregnant diabetic!

Has anyone else experienced this ether in pregnancy or another time, and how did it turn out?

Pinkbump, sorry you didn't get great news on baby's size. Hopefully he slows down soon.

Nikki, don't be silly, of course you should stay here with us!

I have been having the same issues it seems like my bs is doing ok during the day but over night it rises so high even though I am on lantus. My doctor requested me a pump though so they think that will help a lot to stabilize me they been trying to get me to get one since I was a little girl and I just decided to go ahead and get one for the.sake of the baby. It's a lot different when you have someone else counting on you.

Elizabean- my hba1c has never been the best until pregnancy and after 16 yrs of being diabetic I have just had 2 lots of laser surgery on my left eye. I'm going back every month for now just to keep a a check luckily everything is ok at the moment. The first lot was ok and the second was a bit more painful. It's hard to explain but it feels like a sharp pain in your head every time they do the laser. It lasts about 5-10 min depending on bleed. I'm sure you will be just fine xxx

Cheyanna I'm on lantus at night to an mine seems to be doing it's own thing. Yesterday they tried to put it up a few units which I wasn't happy abt an I actually reduced my dose an my blood was 6.7 this morning so I know I was right an I don't need to increase it.
Do you test during the night? It may be you need more insulin or like me hypoing whilst you are asleep an your body sorts it out an you get high readings in the morning? X

Sorry to hear about the scan not going so well pinkbump2011. How's everyone else doing? I'm struggling keeping in control I'm doing all same and adjusting my rates it just never seems to be where I want it!! Xx

My morgan is a handful! I need to catch up on some sleep :(... We want them here so badly then when they are here u wanna put them back in!

Hope everyone is ok!! Our lil man gave us a scare an a 2 day stay at the hospital :( went in having loads of braxton hicks that we're coming every 3 mins got on the monitor my heart rate was 150 baby's heart rate was over 180 so got given steroids straight away put on fluids. Braxton hicks died off abit coming every 5 mins but they were going up to the highest number on the monitor so had to have my cervix checked. Luckily it was fully closed and the contractions weren't doing anything. There concern was his heart rate an they wanted it down an said they didn't know whether he would be coming that day. They had special care baby unit ready just incase. His heart rate eventually come down but mine was still up (anything over 100 is classed as high in an adult) mine was about 130 at this point. They sent off so many blood samples an water samples and nothing was showing an they put me on antibiotics for a suspected uti. Got moved from the delivery suite to a ward after 24 hrs an was put on monitor again but this time baby's heart rate was going low :( nearly got kept in yesterday as my heart rate was up again but it came down an i have to go for monitoring and a scan tomorrow. Now my princess is poorly to she come to see me an spent most of the time asleep in the hospital bed so we took her to the walk in centre after I was discharged an she has an ear infection.
Lots of mummy cuddles last night an today for my princess. X

Hope everyone is ok!! Our lil man gave us a scare an a 2 day stay at the hospital :( went in having loads of braxton hicks that we're coming every 3 mins got on the monitor my heart rate was 150 baby's heart rate was over 180 so got given steroids straight away put on fluids. Braxton hicks died off abit coming every 5 mins but they were going up to the highest number on the monitor so had to have my cervix checked. Luckily it was fully closed and the contractions weren't doing anything. There concern was his heart rate an they wanted it down an said they didn't know whether he would be coming that day. They had special care baby unit ready just incase. His heart rate eventually come down but mine was still up (anything over 100 is classed as high in an adult) mine was about 130 at this point. They sent off so many blood samples an water samples and nothing was showing an they put me on antibiotics for a suspected uti. Got moved from the delivery suite to a ward after 24 hrs an was put on monitor again but this time baby's heart rate was going low :( nearly got kept in yesterday as my heart rate was up again but it came down an i have to go for monitoring and a scan tomorrow. Now my princess is poorly to she come to see me an spent most of the time asleep in the hospital bed so we took her to the walk in centre after I was discharged an she has an ear infection.

Goodness me pinkbump! What an eventful few days you have had! I hope the follow up scans give you the all clear for yourself and the little one. It must've been a worrying time, and your little girl being Poorly is extra worry :wacko:
Does the high heart rate mean high blood pressure?

No my blood pressure is fine. They did a few tests an I had an ECG but there was nothing showing up so not to sure obviously stress an being anxious makes it go up but I don't think to that extent. Hopefully tomorrow goes ok now so can start getting everything ready! First thing being my hospital bag :) x

So sorry you have had a very tough few days!! Glad you are home now and I hope the scan goes ok tomorrow! Keep us updated xx

Pinkbump, what an awful few days. I hope you can all get some rest and relaxation in this week. It sounds like they were very thorough in the hospital which is reassuring.

Sorry to hear about the scan not going so well pinkbump2011. How's everyone else doing? I'm struggling keeping in control I'm doing all same and adjusting my rates it just never seems to be where I want it!! Xx
I feel like this too. My adjustments work for a few days then I need to keep going up and up. Its hard because I keep thinking, oh, its because I had a big dinner, then the next day I'm still higher than I need to be and it makes me realise I need to increase my insulin.

My morgan is a handful! I need to catch up on some sleep :(... We want them here so badly then when they are here u wanna put them back in!
Haha, poor girl is just working out how the world works. I'm sure she will settle soon :flower:

Is anyone else's bump measuring big? I'm measuring 30 weeks?! Now I'm already freaking out about her size at the next scan! Does bump measuring big necessarily mean a big baby?? She didn't really say much and just say oh well you already have a scan booked so it's fine? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->