Type 1 diabetes

Pinkbump, you look great, and so neat! I seem to have gotten bigger everywhere!

I had my cardiac scan today... All seems well, they didn't comment on fluid and I was so engrossed in our little girl doing her disco moves that I forgot to ask. Her heart appears fine. The checked my arteries that supply the placenta, it seem
It seems my right one is giving more supply than the left, but apparently this is normal due to the fact my placenta is slightly to the right?

Another hurdle passed :happydance:

Anyone in the UK, how often do I get scanned from now? I'm 22 wks.

Same as pinkbump said except I had a Doppler scan at 24 weeks to check risk of pre-e then I had one at 28 then I have two more booked for 32&36.

Glad the scan went well though!!

Thank u ladies I feel a lot bigger than that picture looks!!

Missej I think it's normally 28,32 and 36 weeks for growth scans unless they want to check you more regularly. Mine where booked at 26,30, and 34 but since 30 weeks i have had an extra 2 an I have my 34 week one next week.

Also the care in each area varies. After your scan do you go to a clinic? X

Hi pink, I have the clinic every fortnight on a Monday. So, my follow up is this Monday. I'll check with them then what is happening with scan frequency.

My appointments at the mo are every 4 weeks, scans are followed by consultant and diabetic team. I have scan booked at 24 weeks then 28 weeks. I would imagine soon it will be fortnightly .
Is anyone showing protein in urine? I keep having traces but nothing major. Hoping it stays low.
I have upped my pre wake up insulin and upped my boluses and sugars seem to be coming down but it's hard work xx

My appointments at the mo are every 4 weeks, scans are followed by consultant and diabetic team. I have scan booked at 24 weeks then 28 weeks. I would imagine soon it will be fortnightly .
Is anyone showing protein in urine? I keep having traces but nothing major. Hoping it stays low.
I have upped my pre wake up insulin and upped my boluses and sugars seem to be coming down but it's hard work xx

That's how mine were but I would see diabetic nurse inbetween. Now
I'm on 2 weekly appts.
Yes I keep showing protein I've had a fair few lots of antibiotics and sometimes there isn't anything there just raised white cells?? I had same with daughter though an had about 5 lots of antibiotics.
Are you worried about infection or have you have pre e before? X

Hi ladies thought I would see how your all getting on. I'm having a shitty day think hormones playing havoc as crying here there an everywhere :/ also I don't think the pain is helping :( today is one of them days where I've had enough!! My ribs are hurting me so much now my uterus is so high up now an still having lots of braxton hicks which I thinks putting pressure on them :(

Apart from that having hypos during the night and I've dropped it by 7 units so far. Also growth scan again on tues let's see how much this lil man has grown x

Pinkbump- I don't think it's infection as I've been ok, I did have suspected start pre e with son and just protein with esmae . I'm hoping bp will stay down so I will just get c section date for due date reasons not health wise :)

I think I have tackled the after meal highs needed to higher pre get up insulin . Just trying to keep he hypos away now xx

Hello ladies, I'm not sure if my waters are leaking!! Walked downstairs this morning and there was a little gush but enough to have soaks my pants and leggings and have had a pad on since and soaked through one and on a second! It doesn't smell like urine and seems too watery to be discharge! Sorry tmi! I've call the mau and they said wait a few hours and call back of it's still happening... Seems a bit strange to me considering I'm only 29 weeks! Fingers crossed that it's not my waters! I'll keep you updated! X

Hello ladies, I'm not sure if my waters are leaking!! Walked downstairs this morning and there was a little gush but enough to have soaks my pants and leggings and have had a pad on since and soaked through one and on a second! It doesn't smell like urine and seems too watery to be discharge! Sorry tmi! I've call the mau and they said wait a few hours and call back of it's still happening... Seems a bit strange to me considering I'm only 29 weeks! Fingers crossed that it's not my waters! I'll keep you updated! X

At least you have contacted them straight away. It does sound like they may have gone hope they haven't though!! Keep us updated if they have gone then they will probably keep you in an give you steroids so take a bag just incase x

Hi! It wasn't my waters thank goodness!!! So happy as we are moving next week and want her to stay in for as long as possible! The doctor was HORRID told me my blood sugars were horrendous and that was the problem with me!! She looked at only the last 2 days and I have been high because they changed my canulars which has been terrible... She really put me down and said I didn't understand how important it was and that the pregnancy and baby would suffer. I walked out crying my eyes out!! I really hate some doctors :-( thank goodness it wasn't my waters I was so please but she made me feel awful when I've been trying my absolute best! X

Oh thank god it wasn't :) oh the dr sounds awful they need to realise how hard it is to control it's ok telling you an making you feel bad but if they had diabetes they would be in the same position x

Hi ladies been for another scan today an they think baby is about 6lb4oz I'm sick of it now the obstetrician says it's all down to my diabetes not being controlled. My diabetes is far from bad an if anything I only have rebound highs from all these stupid hypos I'm having in order to get a hba1c there friggen happy with!! I'm upset by it all today my fluid has gone back up to 36 an they won't bring baby any earlier than 17th April unless I go into labour or my waters break. Also so swollen I no longer have ankles, I've started being sick again an I've had a headache since Sunday :( honestly can't wait for this to be over x

Hi ladies been for another scan today an they think baby is about 6lb4oz I'm sick of it now the obstetrician says it's all down to my diabetes not being controlled. My diabetes is far from bad an if anything I only have rebound highs from all these stupid hypos I'm having in order to get a hba1c there friggen happy with!! I'm upset by it all today my fluid has gone back up to 36 an they won't bring baby any earlier than 17th April unless I go into labour or my waters break. Also so swollen I no longer have ankles, I've started being sick again an I've had a headache since Sunday :( honestly can't wait for this to be over x
So sorry you are going through this I felt exact the same last time!! I think you will probably go earlier than the 17th anyway with rate baby is growing and extra fluid! The weight isn't too bad my sons was 9lbs7ozs at 36 so a LOT worse! Please don't feel guilty it's not your fault at all you can only do your best. X

I think it's the fluid that's the main problem a trainee consultant tried to do my fundal height today an got 49 lol I think it was abt 40 odd though but all my notes didn't print off so not sure what it was. What did your lo weigh in the end hun? X

I think it's the fluid that's the main problem a trainee consultant tried to do my fundal height today an got 49 lol I think it was abt 40 odd though but all my notes didn't print off so not sure what it was. What did your lo weigh in the end hun? X

He was born at 36+1 at 9lbs7oz I had a scan the day before and he was estimated 9lbs6ozs almost spot on! So you are doing a lot better and he is perfectly healthy!! X

Oh I didn't realise you meant that's what he weighed when born I thought you meant your scan. Did you have polyhydramnios aswell with that pregnancy? Did you go into labour at 36 weeks or was he an emcs as was having problems? Sorry for all questions. Last time I didn't go into labour just straight down for emcs an now I'm just scared as it is planned this time an I'm thinking about it more :/ x

Teen, what a horrible experience for you. I hate all of the judgement from medical profession- sometimes I just want to snap and tell them to try and do better.

Pinkbump, I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. I hope he comes sooner rather than later.

I had a growth scan yesterday, bub is in the 75th percentile for most things, apart from thigh bone which is 70th. I'm 29 weeks today but its looking more like 30 weeks + 3 days and the baby is looking very plump in the 3d scans. Fluid is normal so far. Dr isn't convinced its all diabetes related, He didn't seem too concerned and didn't offer any advice on what to do next. It's just a waiting game i guess.

Teen, what a horrible experience for you. I hate all of the judgement from medical profession- sometimes I just want to snap and tell them to try and do better.

Pinkbump, I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. I hope he comes sooner rather than later.

I had a growth scan yesterday, bub is in the 75th percentile for most things, apart from thigh bone which is 70th. I'm 29 weeks today but its looking more like 30 weeks + 3 days and the baby is looking very plump in the 3d scans. Fluid is normal so far. Dr isn't convinced its all diabetes related, He didn't seem too concerned and didn't offer any advice on what to do next. It's just a waiting game i guess.

It's good your doctor didn't put it on the diabetes they sound understanding! Yes I'm hating the waiting game I already am nervous about the next scan!

My sugars were in the range they wanted too and i still ended up w a 10lb baby! At 36+6! Wtf?

How is the baby doing Nikki? Has her reflux an colic settled at all x

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is well?

Random question of the day... I have just discovered that my dad has shingles... I've not seen him in a couple of weeks so I think I'm ok regarding contamination, but how long do I leave it til I see him again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->