Type 1 diabetes

They have said baby is about 5lb1oz now he is off the chart for his ac. My AFI is still high at 29 an I have had my section booked in even though they said it's unlikely I'll make it that far due to size of baby an amount of fluid. I bet he will be stubborn an make me wait until that date haha. Stomach is so stretched an sore to :( x

Sending hugs pink xx
It's so hard trying to get everything right.xx

Honestly I just can't wait now. They said they would book it for 37 weeks but I've just checked dates an they have done it for 38 weeks so I will be checking with them in 2 weeks :( x

Sorry your going through all that pink you must be so fed up!! I hope he makes an appearance before then for you. Hugs x

Thanks it's just a waiting game now. Baby's kidney is dilating aswell :( I am steering clear of google or I will worry myself silly. They say it happens more in boys an can be because of baby's foreskin but it's gone from 9mm to 11.2mm in 2 weeks they say the cut off is 12mm an then I think it's serious. They have already mentioned scanning baby when he is here after he has had a wee to check his kidneys. Been signed off work now to so won't be going back until my maternity is up x

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time pink. Not long now I hope:flower:

I'm watching one born every minute on catch up tonight, not sure if it's a wise idea though...

At least your going back in 2 weeks and they might change there mind .
I'm worried this time around from my pregnancies being different from one another so just want Friday here now xx sugars seem ok , the odd one up bit I will never be perfect xx

I'm watching one born every minute on catch up tonight, not sure if it's a wise idea though...

I normally watch it on my own when OH goes to bed as I end up having a good winge lol. Well last night I watched it an I was good an didn't cry until the end when I seen the lil baby lay with his mum an he was just so cute I started crying an quickly went to the toilet to compose myself haha. Men just don't get it do they x

Hello everyone!

Pinkbump, I really don't think this is the easy way out! Being signed off work will hopefully relieve some of the stress.

I went to the OB yesterday and my HBA1c is 5.8. My best ever! BUUUUUUUUT, baby is now measuring 1-2 weeks ahead in most areas. This is so HARD! The dosctor was really happy with my results, and said it could just be a big baby, or just had a growth spurt, its not necessarily "diabetes big". He did say he will keep a close eye on growth and may need to deliver by c-section if baby gets over 4.2 kg (which I just realised is over 9 pounds! :wacko:) as there is a risk of shoulders getting stuck. I'd prefer to be induced, but of course I will do whats best for baby.

On top of that scare, I found out I am also anaemic and I have already put on the total reccommended weight for a full term pregnancy, 13kg in total (26lb for the americans). We were all really surprised I put that much on- the doctor weighed me twice as he thought the scale was wrong. I have a large-ish tummy, but not 13kg's worth! The doctor even asked me where I was hiding it, and i'ts not extra fluid (he checked). This is so confusing!

I normally watch it on my own when OH goes to bed as I end up having a good winge lol. Well last night I watched it an I was good an didn't cry until the end when I seen the lil baby lay with his mum an he was just so cute I started crying an quickly went to the toilet to compose myself haha. Men just don't get it do they x

I watched it with OH at work... It's quite emotional! Could never imagine inviting my Dad along, but to be fair, I'm about 14 years older (maybe more?) :haha:

Different strokes for different folks and all that!

Pink hope Friday goes well for you. Sure you will be fine diabetic pregnancies aren't fun!!

Elizabean that is a great hba1c. Baby may of had a growth spurt an next time measure normal. I think a week or so they don't really mind plus they can't get it accurate from a scan just an estimate.

Missej I sat there an was like what the hell why would you send your mum home an leave your dad there! It wasn't right lol. I just can't imagine why anyone would want there dad to see them go through childbirth haha x

Can I join? I'm type one and 7 weeks 4 days pregnant with number 2 :) x

Hi ladies,
Scan we to well and I'm expecting a boy :) . Measurements are all good and I'm nay measuring n the 9th line. I know this can all change but all is good at the moment was pleased with myself that baby wasn't big and fluid was fine.
Work for me the weekend , hope everyone's ok x

Can I join? I'm type one and 7 weeks 4 days pregnant with number 2 :) x

Congratulations and welcome over. Hope all is going well for you!

Hi ladies,
Scan we to well and I'm expecting a boy :) . Measurements are all good and I'm nay measuring n the 9th line. I know this can all change but all is good at the moment was pleased with myself that baby wasn't big and fluid was fine.

That's good news pink!! How far along are you?

Hi ladies,

Congrats pink!! Glad to hear it's all ok! I'm 21 and 1/2 wks, got the cardiac scan on Thursday. I'm hoping I get good fluid results too, and obviously that the baby's heart is ok. :baby:

You know we will never get it right, the diabetic dr was pleased with hba1c. But then said be careful because if it drops fast you can put pressure on your eyes. Xx

True, my diabetic doc for pregnancy (never met her before this) is very patronising. I don't really like her, but put up with her. The obstetrician that sits with her is nice, which is perhaps what makes the appointments ok.
It's a shame, I like the nurses and other docs fine, it might just be a personality clash or hormones.

First time I met her (I hadn't spoken yet) she said that most type 1 diabetics think they know better than the doctors... Given I'd only met her 2 mins before this was not a good ice breaker... I think it tainted her from the start.

On another note... I came home from work this evening and noticed my left ankle and knee are a bit fat, should I call anyone or is this normal? I thought I'd be too early for this stuff?

Pink23, my doctor said that about the eyes this week too. Its all a bit hard, be better but not too much better or too quickly or it will get worse! Congrats on your little man, glad all is well.

Miss EJ, I get fat feet and ankles sometimes, I think it started around 20 weeks for me. Do you sit down a lot? I do at work and I find having my feet on a foot rest reduces the puff as there is less pressure on your legs.

Hi tabbicles, congrats! How are you feeling?

How can they say diabetics know more than diabetics. Surely we do and we know the ins and outs especially having to live with it. It makes me mad so much at times :-(.

A relaxed morning here then it's work just after 1 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->