Type 1 diabetes

The people who tell you how to manage your diabetes don't even have the condition. After months of them telling me to up my insulin I started to reduce it and I'm having more hypos in the morning now than highs. Clearly I was right an they was wrong just annoying how you have a couple of high readings an they want you to up it straight away! X

Elizabean, I sit at work a lot, I have a bad habit of sitting on one foot too, which could make it worse! I'll mention it at my next appointment, but I was fine today.

Pink, I know, we live and breathe it everyday. We may not know someone else's diabetes, but we know our own inside and out, so it just annoyed me... Hope you enjoyed your morning off!

Welcome tabbicles, congrats on the pregnancy! :flower:

Hi ladies just wondered if anyone else's baby dropped in size . I'm scared as baby has gone from average to 9th line. I didn't think of it at the time but now I'm page inking x

Hi everyone hope you are all well.
Just wondered for anyone further along or who has done this before if they have had a huge drop in insulin at the start of third tri? I've gone back to almost what I was before getting pregnant. I've got a scan tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else had this. I had at at 35+4 last time and had him at 36 but I guessed that was him ready to come but I'm only 28 weeks tomorrow?! X

Had my scan today at 28 weeks, she is growing perfectly and her estimated weight is 2lbs5ozs which is on the lower side of normal but they said that's perfectly fine! So I'm feeling a lot more relaxed! Hope everyone else is well! X

Had my scan today at 28 weeks, she is growing perfectly and her estimated weight is 2lbs5ozs which is on the lower side of normal but they said that's perfectly fine! So I'm feeling a lot more relaxed! Hope everyone else is well! X

awesome news!

Hi ladies, in need of a bit of help/advice. So I'm just past 21 weeks and my after meal sugars aren't coming down and are about 12. The only thing is I have the insulin going in but with it still being active I end up going hypo later. Any suggestions ? Xx

Hi pink, have you tried taking your insulin a bit earlier? Like 30 mins before meal?

I think I'm going to have to give it a go earlier. I hate it when everything's been ok then something alters it :-( x

Hope u are all well! :)

Were trying to figure out mirgans formula since shes soooo colicky :( its been rough...hard to beleive shes a month old already!

It's hard with her having the reflux aswell I bet. Can you get reflux milk where you are? I ended up swapping bottles and got reflux milk with Scarlett.

Been to see the diabetes nurse today an she has give me my doses to try after baby comes eek. Also have put on 32lbs :( gutted hoping not to put much more on now x

I wouldnt worry about ur weight gain..iput on 70 lbs and lost every single pound within 3 weeks!

I have her on prevacid medication and its working wonderfuly.... Her gas is the issue now..started a new formula today so fingers crossed.

I think I'm going to have to give it a go earlier. I hate it when everything's been ok then something alters it :-( x

Yeah its so annoying.

For a while I was having my insulin split in 2 to help with this, half about an hour before dinner and half when I ate. It's resolved for the time though. It is very annoying when you think you are on track and then it just changes in a day!

Got that wrong it's 36lb lol. Wow you did well losing it so quick. I doubt mine will come off so easy. After Scarlett I was a stone heavier when I left the hospital an that took a while to come off :(

I found out last week I have put on 13kg which is 28 pounds, and I'm only 28 weeks. I hope it goes away as quick as Nikki's did!
The odd thing is that I am still wearing some of my regular old clothes. Everyone keeps asking where I'm hiding it! I honestly have no idea...

Nikki I hope the new formula works for Morgan. There is nothing worse than a sad and uncomfortable baby with colic or reflux.

Do you think there is 36lbs worth in here haha x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4
Pinkbump, you look great, and so neat! I seem to have gotten bigger everywhere!

I had my cardiac scan today... All seems well, they didn't comment on fluid and I was so engrossed in our little girl doing her disco moves that I forgot to ask. Her heart appears fine. The checked my arteries that supply the placenta, it seem
It seems my right one is giving more supply than the left, but apparently this is normal due to the fact my placenta is slightly to the right?

Another hurdle passed :happydance:

Anyone in the UK, how often do I get scanned from now? I'm 22 wks.

Thank u ladies I feel a lot bigger than that picture looks!!

Missej I think it's normally 28,32 and 36 weeks for growth scans unless they want to check you more regularly. Mine where booked at 26,30, and 34 but since 30 weeks i have had an extra 2 an I have my 34 week one next week.

Also the care in each area varies. After your scan do you go to a clinic? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->