• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Type 1 diabetes

Can't believe how many of you have dates when you know you will meet your little ones. :baby:

Time flies so fast!

We had a 4d scan tonight... This is our baby at 30 weeks, estimated at 4lbs!?

Last scan lady at the hospital said not to pay attention to weight given as it's rarely accurate, so I'm trying not to examine it too much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone, so Aeva Grace was born at 10.21am this morning. She is doing v well but is in special care and will be for a few days. She weighed 6lb1oz! So happy but suffering from recovery of c section as from the last section everything was stuck together so was in there for a long time and they had to go through nerves and muscles.. They said it's going to be a very painful recovery.

Yeah, good that you are getting checked regularly for sure. The more careful they are the more likely everything goes very smoothly :)

My big news is that I am expecting double trouble... in other words, twins! The nurse cheerily told me the other day that I was the first person she's had carrying twins and type 1 diabetic, which of course I found very reassuring! :/

I'm still wondering when to tell work for sure (I teach at school so I am wondering how the kids will react!). I'm only 12 weeks but already showing quite a bit and 2 of my colleagues guessed already!

Congratulations teenpregnant I hope she is out of there quickly an that you are ok to? Did something happen? You wasn't due to go in for abit was you xx

Wow November bet that was a shock to you!! Hope your pregnancy runs smoothly x

Hi everyone, so Aeva Grace was born at 10.21am this morning. She is doing v well but is in special care and will be for a few days. She weighed 6lb1oz! So happy but suffering from recovery of c section as from the last section everything was stuck together so was in there for a long time and they had to go through nerves and muscles.. They said it's going to be a very painful recovery.

Yeah, good that you are getting checked regularly for sure. The more careful they are the more likely everything goes very smoothly :)

My big news is that I am expecting double trouble... in other words, twins! The nurse cheerily told me the other day that I was the first person she's had carrying twins and type 1 diabetic, which of course I found very reassuring! :/

I'm still wondering when to tell work for sure (I teach at school so I am wondering how the kids will react!). I'm only 12 weeks but already showing quite a bit and 2 of my colleagues guessed already!

Hi Teenpregnant! Waw, she is here, congratulations, I love the name. I hope you are taking it easy. Why is Aeva in special care?

Novembergirl! Twins! :baby::baby: that's great! Have you a history of them in your family? I think 12 weeks is a good time to tell after the scan and all, plus, if you are going to show quicker than normal they may eventually wander, 'when is she going to tell us?'

Thank you, yes my insulin requirements where dropping and she hadn't grown in 4 days in the slightest so they said the placenta was failing so booked the section for the next morning. She is in special care with low blood sugars and is on 30% oxygen at the moment she is really struggling with her breathing which is horrible to see. I'm recovering well surprising a lot better than last time! Hope everyone else is well. Wow Novembergirl twins how exciting crongats!! X

Aww hun she will be fine. Jenson needed oxygen to even when put in a cot he still sometimes had to have the mask.

These poor lil babies don't half have a tough time don't they. It's put me off having anymore. Xx

Teenpregnant, big congrats! Hope little Aeva Grace is doing better. Beautiful name btw :) I guess you'll be feeling both excited and worried at the moment, big hugs!

Haha, yes, I do have a family history of twins - in fact, I'm a twin myself, but there is also a set of twins amongst my uncles and my grandmother was also a twin. So maybe I shouldn't have been that surprised, but I have also heard it usually skips a generation, hmm...

Congrats teenpregnant hope she has a speedy recovery xx
Congrat Novembergirl to :)

Hope everyone's ok, I think I'm getting to finally stretch now, feeling like bump is getting big to hoping scan is all ok Friday . Don't thnk I will get date yet but maybe next appointment or another 4 weeks we will see xx

Hi Ladies :hi:

I got my :bfp:this afternoon, I will test again tomorrow morning but def a faint line......

I will be around 4 weeks so still very early but have my first symptom that always gave it away the first 2 previous time which is very low bloods.
I have been diabetic type 1 since I was 7 years old so 26 years now :wacko:

I have been on a pump for 2 years, my first pregnancy was with injections and second with the pump...found it easier with the pump and for me had less complications after birth with babys bloods etc...

Not sure when I will tell my diabetic team, I know the drill now so I think I will wait a couple of more weeks until I say anything...my last Hba1c was 6.5 a couple of months ago.

I'm just ready to get on with it now and start the next 8 months :flower:

Hi Ladies :hi:

I got my :bfp:this afternoon, I will test again tomorrow morning but def a faint line......

I will be around 4 weeks so still very early but have my first symptom that always gave it away the first 2 previous time which is very low bloods.
I have been diabetic type 1 since I was 7 years old so 26 years now :wacko:

I have been on a pump for 2 years, my first pregnancy was with injections and second with the pump...found it easier with the pump and for me had less complications after birth with babys bloods etc...

Not sure when I will tell my diabetic team, I know the drill now so I think I will wait a couple of more weeks until I say anything...my last Hba1c was 6.5 a couple of months ago.

I'm just ready to get on with it now and start the next 8 months :flower:

Hope the picture works ok!

Congrats kellyrae!! I hope the next 8 months go smoothly for you :flower:

Teenpregnant, she looks so sweet, I hope she's doing ok now?

Omgggg yay for babies!!:). Sorry havnt been on much, super busy mommy here with 2 little ones and working! Welcome to the new ladies! So exciting! :)

Omg twins! Thats so cool :)

Funny story....

My best friend was at my house a few months ago ( her daughter and my 1st are. Few months apart) and we asked them when they planned on another baby and my best friend was like "oh not for a while, i can barely handle brooklyn!" Fast forward 3 weeks and she found out she was pregnant, with...twins! Already 10 weeks along had no idea! And they used protection lol.... It runs in her family And shes over 30!

Lovely to hear from you Nikki, I take it the girls are doing well at home?

Urrrggghhh!!! I woke up last night with a reading of 1.7!!?? I have no idea how I was still conscious, I then stumbled to the kitchen and pretty much gobbled half a ginger cake (1st sweet thing on hand), before returning to bed with a bottle of lucozade, which I proceeded to pretty much wear, I can never aim for my mouth properly with those things when I'm low.
I woke up this morning to a reading of 13... Which I feel guilty about, but things are ok again now... Please don't say I'm going back to those first trimester hypos... They were awful! :mad:(

We just found out that I am pregnant, my ob/gyn said around six weeks but he wouldn't commit to an exact number because he wants a better picture so I am going in this Friday to a digital imaging center, because there were twin gest sacs! I have been type one since I was 5, so 23 years now...I have been having a lot of lows, like severe lows in the 30's I'm scared because I am a really small girl, only 5'00" tall and 100lbs normally and diabetics tend to have big babies and with twins I'm afraid we wont all fit. This baby was planned somewhat and we are SO HAPPY!

We just found out that I am pregnant, my ob/gyn said around six weeks but he wouldn't commit to an exact number because he wants a better picture so I am going in this Friday to a digital imaging center, because there were twin gest sacs! I have been type one since I was 5, so 23 years now...I have been having a lot of lows, like severe lows in the 30's I'm scared because I am a really small girl, only 5'00" tall and 100lbs normally and diabetics tend to have big babies and with twins I'm afraid we wont all fit. This baby was planned somewhat and we are SO HAPPY!

Congratulations :flower:
I am 4ft11....so just a little smaller and I am on my 3rd pregnancy although not twins....but if you keep your sugar levels tight to the guidelines then there is no reason for you to have a big babies....my sister had twins and she was fine, built the same as me, Our bodies adapt when we are pregnant, try not to worry too much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->