Type 1 diabetes

Do they hurt when changing the tubes etc? I was offered one at the beginning of my pregnancy but I declined but would you recommend them over injecting? X

Id def recommend one over injections! Mine may pinch sometimes when putting in but so easy to just put in how many carbs i ate and it calculates how muchinsulin i need.. U change it every 3-4 days ( so 1 injection vs how many u take per day x's 3 lol) ..theres a numbing cream if u need but i never had to use it, it honestly dsnt hurt!

And u only use 1 insulin, not one during when u eat and a long acting or background...i was on humalog and lantus and now im strictly on just humalog which the pump sends out every hour...

The reason I was put off was obviously changing that an also that I'd need to go to the hospital a lot to learn how to carb count. At the moment I've never been shown how to carb count after having diabetes 17 yrs or so I've come to learn roughly what I need for what I'm eating. I'm not sure they would offer it now as it needs funding etc x

Definitely recommend a pump to.
I always get to day three and think I really don't want to change my set but once it's done you forget about it. I have better control with the pump and I love the wizard which helps get my insulin near enough spot on for what I've eaten. Xx

Yea its a lot harder to get one over there since the govt runs ur health insurance etc :/..

Hi girls, I'm hoping one of you say this is normal.... I'm freaking out a little bit...

This week I finally hit the 12 week mark, my scan is on Monday... But as of 3 days ago I need a lot less insulin in the morning, I've reduced my basal rate twice and this morning, I woke up and ate beans on toast as I was 4.0, then my pump beeped to say I was dropping fast, so I had a sweet tea. I went to work and tested when I got there at 10am... I was 4.4. I had no bolus!!?? So, I drank lucozade, came back up to 6 and later dropped again, so I ate a scone... So, I'll drop my basal again for tomorrow morning, but I'm freaking out that there's a problem with my baby?? I have had an increased need for insulin til now... Suddenly I need less?
:nope:

Yes ! First tri nto second tri i barely had to take any insulin! It will go up eventually but baby is growing very rapidly right now.

I had same earlier on where I had to drop my insulin. It won't be long before you will be sick of increasing it :) hope all goes well for your scan to x

Yes ! First tri nto second tri i barely had to take any insulin! It will go up eventually but baby is growing very rapidly right now.

I'm so glad you replied! Is it caused by the bump 'eating' up all my carbs to grow? (I know bubs doesn't eat yet but you get my meaning :blush:)
How long did this phase last for you?

Id say around 16-18 weeks i had an increase, another bump around 24 weeks and another bump around 30 weeks!

Well u have to think ur growing a placenta which is a whole organ! On top of it a baby who takes all ur sugar and nutrients to grow!

I reduced my basal again through the night and this morning and my levels were finally stable, had a few lows today so I've reduced my day and night basal too.

For those on a pump, what do you do when you know you'll be exercising? I've tried so many things to stay stable when I'm walking the dog, my current method is to lower my basal to 50% and eat a few fruit pastels while I'm walking. What do you do?

Because I have to walk my son to school , I tend to take half of the insulin I should for breakfast. I find If I'm going to do something extra orange juice seems to help me xx

Normally before . Orange juice seems to work well at the mo :) it seems to good for hypos to. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->