Type 1 diabetes

Arrrgg!! I spent ages writing a post and then it deleted!

Anyway, in a nutshell I'm feeling tubby, I didn't expect to be growing at 3 months but I am and my jeans are either uncomfortable or don't fasten!
I had a hissy fit trying to find trousers to wear this morning :nope:
I think the constant lows are adding calories. I know it's not baby weight, which makes me feel worse.

My mother in law says she didn't gain anything til 3 months!!??

How early did you guys buy maternity clothes? I'm watching a few pairs of trousers on ebay now. But I'm just feeling a bit ugly today :blush:

I haven't bought any yet. But my size 10s are no longer any use using a bobble through the hole an around the button lol same with jeans lol!! I got myself a pair of leggings from river island next size up an I have been wearing a lot of dresses however my boobs are becoming squashed :/ I want some maternity pants but my shops Don't have them in stock you need to order online an with being petite everything is hit or miss length an size wise.
I had put a stone on quite early but tbh I was taking more insulin to keep my sugars low to improve my hba1c an I know that contributes to the weight gain!! X
Also everyone is different so I wouldn't worry abt the weight as everyone and every pregnancy is different x

Also first few months you will have a lot of bloat an probably water retention x

My boobs have been bigger since week one, so I'm only wearing my comfy bras at the mo, but I think I will just go ahead and buy 1 pair of jeans now as I will feel less 'restrained'. :blush:

I wore regular jeans ntil 20 weeks lol....ill post a pic now at 31 weeks bc im huge and my yogas only fit :( i gained40 lbs so far!

I'm not sure I'll want to weigh myself... Especially further on...

Haha I step on all the time :( plus when I go to diabetes clinic every 4 weeks they weigh u no chance of getting away with it!! However they never comment on how much you weigh x

They weighed me once at the start, that's all so far... I'll just stick my fingers in my ears and sing a song if they try to tell me again...:blush:

Haha the joys of pregnancy!! I've had a appt today with diabetes nurse an after it being higher than normal with the insulin resistancy my overall hba1c wasn't to bad so feel abit better. Have another scan in 3 weeks for a growth scan but feeling kicks really high up (just under where my bra sits) or is that normal at this stage? Honestly can't remember from last time x

Ugh anyone else w an irritale uterus? I keep contracting constantly! The other day i was contracting at docs office w no cervical changes, but last night they were awful. They slowed down today but they still want to check me...ugh...im so so so frustrated.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around again in a while!
Wondered if anyone has any suggestions for me as I'm not going to clinic until Monday and getting frustrated! My pre meal bgs are always perfect always under 5 however my 2 hour after are always really high between 12-15 I've tried smaller meals and doing my insulin half an hour before I eat and doing more insulin, extra excercise and NOTHING is budging it :-( I feel horrible and guilty and it's reLly getting me down! Any ideas? Hope you are all well x

Hmmm id say ur insulin to carb ratio needs to increase if ur that high after eating... Are u on specfic foods or are u like me and eat what u please and count carbs?

Just be careful as I bet you will start hypoing pre meals. When I try to get really good readings 2 hrs after meals
I will be having hypos not long after x

I'm carb counting to, I hadn't thought of changing my carb ratios! Thank you I'll give it a to today! Pinkbump, I know I'm getting worried of that but I'm so worried about the high bgs after I'm actually scared to test my blood as I don't want to see the high number, sounds silly I know! X

Yea like regularly im 1:10 carbs, but currently 1:7 carbs! I would try to bring ur ratio down my one carb at a time and see how it helps!

Do you have the pens that allow you to use half units? Maybe try going up in halves rather than full units. See how you get on they do seem quite high x

Thats one thing i like about the t slim pump, i can do increments of .10 !!

Oh i forgot that a lot of you have pumps. Do you put the insulin cartridges into the pump? X

We have to fill a cartridge up called a reservoir .
Seem to be doing ok at the moment. I've changed my ratio, I was 1:14 a couple of weeks ago and now I'm 1:10 also xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->