uhh... breastfeeding an 8 year old??

Lets not stoop to her level ladies.

She clearly is the only person who has those views!

What a shocking statement to make. And I have to agree with Emma - the fact that you, as a mother who has breastfed can make any connection between breastfeeding and anything sexual suggests that it is indeed you that has the problem.

I think breastfeeding into childhood is great! I would have happily went to 3-4, not 8 personally I don't think, but hey... they don't mind so who cares?

I hate it when threads end up like this.
I'd guess there are probably a fair few people who disagree with it but probably wouldn't want to admit it.

I'd guess there are probably a fair few people who disagree with it but probably wouldn't want to admit it.

More then anything id say there are probably a fair few that dont agree with it but see it as the womans choice so let her get on with it, nothing to do with us sort of thing.

What a shocking statement to make. And I have to agree with Emma - the fact that you, as a mother who has breastfed can make any connection between breastfeeding and anything sexual suggests that it is indeed you that has the problem.

Im sorry but I burst out laughing when I read your post then saw your avatar photo, it makes it look like you had the photo taken while you where reading and both looked shocked :haha:

Im sorry but I burst out laughing when I read your post then saw your avatar photo, it makes it look like you had the photo taken while you where reading and both looked shocked :haha:

LMAO..totally! hahahaha that is great!

Well I dont agree with it and I have openly said I dont. For my own reasons which I wont explain again but just to clarify I do not share the same views as that post a few pages back. :thumbup:

Ha ha!! That picture was taken while watching In the Night Garden. Makka Pakka had just blown his trumpet up Upsy Daisy's skirt, the dirty beggar. Neither Madeline or I could quite believe our eyes. :shock:

definitely don't agree with it. human milk may be for human consumption but would you take the same stance of "if they're happy" if you were out and about and encountered an adult breastfeeding? i doubt it. drink it from a cup.

Ha ha!! That picture was taken while watching In the Night Garden. Makka Pakka had just blown his trumpet up Upsy Daisy's skirt, the dirty beggar. Neither Madeline or I could quite believe our eyes. :shock:

Thats even more shocking and explains the look :)

At what age does it stop becoming 'if they're happy and healthy..

Anthropological evidence shows it's natural for humans to breastfeed anytime up until they lose their milk teeth, round about 7 or 8. They usually lose the ability to latch on at about the same age. Beyond that it isn't natural. Simple.

That's interesting, makes a lot of sense when you think of it like that :)
I'll admit I think 8 is too old, I feel it's more to do with a mum wanting to 'baby' a child than anything else.. That said I've never met a breastfed 8 year old so maybe if I did I'd change my mind :)

:rofl:

Anthropological evidence shows it's natural for humans to breastfeed anytime up until they lose their milk teeth, round about 7 or 8. They usually lose the ability to latch on at about the same age. Beyond that it isn't natural. Simple.

That's interesting and makes a lot of sense.

I don't think I'd like to still be breastfeeding Maria when she is 8 but I hope to continue til she self-weans and who knows when that will be...

And I'd buy breastmilk if they sold it in the shops, it tastes yummy!

definitely don't agree with it. human milk may be for human consumption but would you take the same stance of "if they're happy" if you were out and about and encountered an adult breastfeeding? i doubt it. drink it from a cup.
:thumbup:

xolily- We aren't talking about adults breastfeeding here, we are talking about a child nursing from their mother, as nature intended. Personally I wouldn't breastfeed my children past 3-5 yrs but we aren't talking about adults..an 8 year old is still a child, even in today's f***ed up world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->