uhh... breastfeeding an 8 year old??

What the?! I have a 9 year old daughter, I love that she and I have a bond and a close relationship; I breastfed for a while with her. I can't see me breast feeding her at her age. When they get teeth breastfeeding is a suicide mission! After 1 years old it's just flat out gross and looks a little like you are some sort of sex-offender in disguise, trying to silently victimize your child. For the love of God, if you love breastfeeding that much, have another "baby"!!! Something should be don't about this, is it just me or is that just wrong?!

that is just offensive and I don't even bf anymore. Seriously? was that comment necessary? If mum and child are happy why should anyone else care?

Because here in the U.S. its called being a sex offender!!! May be its cool in the UK to do that. But, there is something desperately wrong with having a 8 year old sucking on your breasts. Poor child, it's victimization! Flat out! Would you really pull your breasts out to nurse your freaking 8 year old?! C'mon give me a break it's disgusting! If having your breasts sucked feels that good , then she can find a man and I am sure he would do that all freaking day! You don't have to like my opinion, because I could care less if you do! Bottom line it's sad and disgusting to BF your freaking 8 year old! There comes a time to ween, and that would have been when she FIRST got teeth!! My 9 year old told me "ewww, she could just have milk out of the fridge, that's gross." So what, is it cool to BF in front of her friends too, I hope she doesn't tell her friends she nurses her mom still. KMSL poor child!!!

What the?! I have a 9 year old daughter, I love that she and I have a bond and a close relationship; I breastfed for a while with her. I can't see me breast feeding her at her age. When they get teeth breastfeeding is a suicide mission! After 1 years old it's just flat out gross and looks a little like you are some sort of sex-offender in disguise, trying to silently victimize your child. For the love of God, if you love breastfeeding that much, have another "baby"!!! Something should be don't about this, is it just me or is that just wrong?!

that is just offensive and I don't even bf anymore. Seriously? was that comment necessary? If mum and child are happy why should anyone else care?

:wacko: really not needed!

I couldn't care less if any of you like my comment...it's in "news and DEBATES" ladies, so it's debatable. It's my opinion and that's that. You don't have to love it, like it, or even agree. It's how I see it and that's that. :happydance:

I couldn't care less if any of you like my comment...it's in "news and DEBATES" ladies, so it's debatable. It's my opinion and that's that. You don't have to love it, like it, or even agree. It's how I see it and that's that. :happydance:

aww hun, your opinion about extended BFing being abuse is just bananas. :wacko:

In News and Debates, opinions are usually substantiated by sensible information, whereas your opinion has no real basis apart from the fact that you automatically think an extended BFing mom likes the sensation of having her breasts suckled.

That comment in itself symbolizes deep misunderstanding of BFing and the physiological process.

^^ I seriously think you need to get a grip!

Because here in the U.S. its called being a sex offender!!! May be its cool in the UK to do that. But, there is something desperately wrong with having a 8 year old sucking on your breasts. Poor child, it's victimization! Flat out! Would you really pull your breasts out to nurse your freaking 8 year old?! C'mon give me a break it's disgusting! If having your breasts sucked feels that good , then she can find a man and I am sure he would do that all freaking day! You don't have to like my opinion, because I could care less if you do! Bottom line it's sad and disgusting to BF your freaking 8 year old! There comes a time to ween, and that would have been when she FIRST got teeth!! My 9 year old told me "ewww, she could just have milk out of the fridge, that's gross." So what, is it cool to BF in front of her friends too, I hope she doesn't tell her friends she nurses her mom still. KMSL poor child!!!

Ummm No, it's not. It's called breastfeeding. :dohh:

:wacko: really not needed!

However in News and DEBATES it IS against the rules to deliberately flame. Which is exactly what you are doing.

You said breastfeeding over 1 makes them look like a sex offender. Maybe you should check your own American Pediatric Society recommendations, which recommends up to (or beyond) age TWO (gasp, perverts!). And blame God or Darwin, whatever you believe, while you're at it, for biology that supports a natural weaning age much later than 1. Guess God's a pervert too.

You said breastfeeding over 1 makes them look like a sex offender. Maybe you should check your own American Pediatric Society recommendations, which recommends up to (or beyond) age TWO (gasp, perverts!). And blame God or Darwin, whatever you believe, while you're at it, for biology that supports a natural weaning age much later than 1. Guess God's a pervert too.

Aliss I freakin love you! lol

Just catching up with the thread.

This post is horrible- so rude and offensive. How dare you say that BF a 1 year old is akin to being a paedophile.

BF with teeth is not 'a suicide mission'. We BF to 14 months, through teething and established teeth, and I was never bitten. This is the type of misinformation which makes people think they will fail at BF when they have no reason to think so.

No, extended BF is not wrong. It is not for everyone but there is a way of saying that without directly offending people. Nothing should be 'don't about it' (I presume done). The only thing that needs to change here is the attitude of people like you who ONCE again link BF with sex.

I do hunh?! :thumbup: Thanks for the heads up, I am definitely back because of your help. :flower: Excuse me but I need to go nurse my 9 year old, I kept her home from school just for that reason, and because I need to keep our bond alive. :blush::winkwink:

OMG. Seriously this is one of the most offensive and ignorant posts I have ever read on here. Are you trying to be offensive on purpose? BF and 'having your breasts sucked' are 2 completely different things. BF is not sexual in the slightest. You are the person with the problem, not the extended BFers. And no, extended BFing is not called being a sex offender anywhere, except in your very disturbed mind.

The same forum rules apply here as elsewhere:

Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.

Your comments are completely uncalled for. Yes you can have an opinion against extended breastfeeding but there's no need to be so offensive in your posts.

Continuing to flame in this area of the forum will result in your access here being removed.

I do hunh?! :thumbup: Thanks for the heads up, I am definitely back because of your help. :flower: Excuse me but I need to go nurse my 9 year old, I kept her home from school just for that reason, and because I need to keep our bond alive. :blush::winkwink:

This comment alone shows how little you understand extended BFing. It is not something done as often as you would BF a baby. Honestly, I don't know why I am wasting my time.:nope:

This post is horrible- so rude and offensive. How dare you say that BF a 1 year old is akin to being a paedophile.

BF with teeth is not 'a suicide mission'. We BF to 14 months, through teething and established teeth, and I was never bitten. This is the type of misinformation which makes people think they will fail at BF when they have no reason to think so.

No, extended BF is not wrong. It is not for everyone but there is a way of saying that without directly offending people. Nothing should be 'don't about it' (I presume done). The only thing that needs to change here is the attitude of people like you who ONCE again link BF with sex.

Bfing gets quite painful when babies get teeth, breasts become a teething ring as well as a source of nutrition. That's why I say it's suicide. Anyway,
my point is, there is nothing wrong with BFing, it's just wrong with an 8 year old...I am thinking about her being teased and how that will affect her socially now (with her friends) and later as an adult. Heck if you are going to BF you 8 year old don't post it in a video for the whole world to criticize. Keep it to yourself. I also saw a video of a woman BFing her 15 year old son. My point is when is it too far? Bfing is suppose to be a bonding experience with your child, but when they are old enough to be in school, it becomes disgusting. My comment only seems offensive because we do not share the same view. It's not intended to be rude, it's my opinion. And I can see where someone (mine) elses opinion can seem rude if it's not agreeable to everyone.

Bfing gets quite painful when babies get teeth, breasts become a teething ring as well as a source of nutrition. That's why I say it's suicide. Anyway,
my point is, there is nothing wrong with BFing, it's just wrong with an 8 year old...I am thinking about her being teased and how that will affect her socially now (with her friends) and later as an adult. Heck if you are going to BF you 8 year old don't post it in a video for the whole world to criticize. Keep it to yourself. I also saw a video of a woman BFing her 15 year old son. My point is when is it too far? Bfing is suppose to be a bonding experience with your child, but when they are old enough to be in school, it becomes disgusting. My comment only seems offensive because we do not share the same view. It's not intended to be rude, it's my opinion. And I can see where someone (mine) elses opinion can seem rude if it's not agreeable to everyone.

But that is my point. BF does not become painful for everyone at the point of teething or people would not do it. 14 months old, plenty of teeth and no bites in this house.

I have NO problem with people who have different opinions. I personally wouldn't BF beyond 2 but it is not for me to tell people who do BF beyond this point to stop. It is certainly not for me or anyone else to call them sex offenders. I find your posts offensive because you are sexualising BFing, not because you think BFing at 8 is not appropriate.

You are simply rude and I am done. My only request is that you actually read up on breastfeeding, as you have so many misconceptions it's ridiculous. Educate yourself on the subject, then maybe we can continue a conversation.

I have NO problem with people who have different opinions. I personally wouldn't BF beyond 2 but it is not for me to tell people who do BF beyond this point to stop. It is certainly not for me or anyone else to call them sex offenders. I find your posts offensive because you are sexualising BFing, not because you think BFing at 8 is not appropriate.

Well said :thumbup:

WHOA, wait....do you even have any children??? or are you just pregnant? have you even tried breastfeeding? if so...did you even breastfeed until a year??? i am just wondering how you became so qualified to speak about it??!! i have three children. i breastfed my first for 20mths, my 2nd for 19mths, and my baby is 12mths and still BFs. I just don't see how you are some sort of expert on BFing, but maybe you are a expert on pedophiles...I don't know??? You seem to think you know alot about that... Just sayin.:shrug: Anyways, good luck with your baby and all the mommies that you meet and mommy groups you go to where you will meet pedophiles and sex offenders (breastfeeders in the normal world). I am sure when your LO grows up, you will be horrified to have sleep overs at people's houses knowing that there is so many sex offenders out there..not sure how you are going to handle that one...I guess I am one too!!! You are truly laughable.

:rofl: Breastfeeding a 9 year old makes you look like a sex offender? Seriously? I find this comment very ignorant as well as the blanket statement about the USA :growlmad:

I figure, if both mom and child are happy, why not? If it becomes one sided, then it isn't healthy. I saw a program where a mom was BFing her six year old and the six year old didn't really want to feed anymore, but the mom kept encouraging it because it gave her comfort. I know in some third world countries, women often BF longer for the nutritional value. I suppose I plan to BF as long as Alex wants to really. DH originally didn't want me going past a year, but agreed to let us go longer cause the HV said it has benefits going longer. I've set reasonable goals for myself. First it was six weeks, now it's six months. It gives me such joy that I can comfort my baby with something as simple as the breast :cloud9:

Love how the girl who has never BF a child with teeth tells the girls who have BF for 1 year+ how sore and suicidal BFing is when they have teeth :rofl: ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->