uhh... breastfeeding an 8 year old??

wtt :)

Mama of two <3
Reaction score
I'm all for breastfeeding little ones but those kids are not so little anymore :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74&feature=related

Ugh do we have to do this again?? Seriously if the kids are happy and secure doing it and she is happy to continue what is the problem? There are benefits to breastfeeding even at 8years old

Ugh do we have to do this again?? Seriously if the kids are happy and secure doing it and she is happy to continue what is the problem? There are benefits to breastfeeding even at 8years old

WSS. Breastmilk is for human babies/kids. Cows milk is for cow babies. Same with goats, etc etc.

If mother and baby are happy and healthy, who the hell cares? Part of me thinks 'How wonderful'.

It's not something I'd do but tbh, we don't know the family so what does it matter.

I don't like it tbh. Nothing against BFing but I think 8 is too old. I would say up to 5 is ok. I think it's a case of the woman not wanting to let go of her child more than the fact the child is benefiting imo. Sorry if that offends anyone but just my 2 cents worth

duhhhh! human milk is made for humans. you can drink it as an adult if you want and actually....... people do. it's a lot better for our bodies than cows milk

alright well i guess families can do whatever they want and if they lived in the middle of nowhere, outbacks or wherever, i wouldn't say a word about it but i just think 8 is too old. i would have been embarrassed had my mom shown up with her breast at school, for instance. I may be ignorant but that's an image that came to mind.

alright well i guess families can do whatever they want and if they lived in the middle of nowhere, outbacks or wherever, i wouldn't say a word about it but i just think 8 is too old. i would have been embarrassed had my mom shown up with her breast at school, for instance. I may be ignorant but that's image that came to mind.

Shown up with her breast at school? :haha: Sorry, this made me giggle!!

alright well i guess families can do whatever they want and if they lived in the middle of nowhere, outbacks or wherever, i wouldn't say a word about it but i just think 8 is too old. i would have been embarrassed had my mom shown up with her breast at school, for instance. I may be ignorant but that's image that came to mind.

Shown up with her breast at school? :haha: Sorry, this made me giggle!!

;)

Also, some kids nowadays start having boyfriends at that age. I wonder what they would say to that.

It seems to be like a security blanket for that little girl...

I just... Have no words really. :shrug:

I don't agree with it... but thats just my opinion - if the girl and the mum want to do it then who are we to tell them to stop.
Only thing is, at what age is she going to stop? (getting the Little Britain 'bitty' sketch running through my head!)

duhhhh! human milk is made for humans. you can drink it as an adult if you want and actually....... people do. it's a lot better for our bodies than cows milk

see thats just it, no-one is denying that its not good for them, its the actual way of gettin it that i find weird. i wouldnt kno where to look if i walked into a park and saw an 8 year old sat on his/her mums knee havin a feed :shrug:
i cant imagine that other kids at school would easily accept it either, thats just the world we live in, anythings another cause for bullying... i agree with wat someone else said, to me i think its just the mother wont let go of "her baby" nothing to do with nutrien etc xx

see thats just it, no-one is denying that its not good for them, its the actual way of gettin it that i find weird. i wouldnt kno where to look if i walked into a park and saw an 8 year old sat on his/her mums knee havin a feed :shrug:
i cant imagine that other kids at school would easily accept it either, thats just the world we live in, anythings another cause for bullying... i agree with wat someone else said, to me i think its just the mother wont let go of "her baby" nothing to do with nutrien etc xx

that's exactly how i feel about it. I wouldn't mind anyone getting the milk in a cup for all i care but it's the soon-to-be-teenager sucking on her mom's boob that i find weird and don't know how to react to.
I too think it's more the mother not being able to let go rather than the health aspect of it.

i dont get why it even needs discussing human milk for humans! at all ages!

i thought that once adult teeth came in, which some kids start getting them around that age, they wouldn't be able to suckle anymore?

more power to any mother that wants to express and give the milk to her child but i do think its a bit odd to have a pre-teen on the breast :s.

alright well i guess families can do whatever they want and if they lived in the middle of nowhere, outbacks or wherever, i wouldn't say a word about it but i just think 8 is too old. i would have been embarrassed had my mom shown up with her breast at school, for instance. I may be ignorant but that's an image that came to mind.

Generally, families can do what they want regardless of where they live - in the middle of town, outbacks, whatever, its still not really anyone else's business, so long as its not harming the child. I watched that programme when it aired over here, and children will naturally wean themselves from the breast aged between 6 and 8-ish. Its not harming the child, or the mother. The world is regressing - we are absolutely loving doing things 'au naturel' right now. Well, naturally human children would be at the breast for as long as they wanted to - the natural weaning age.

WSS. Breastmilk is for human babies/kids. Cows milk is for cow babies. Same with goats, etc etc.

Totally agree with you both.

Not sure why she would film it and put it on You Tube though :shrug: That's the bit that is odd to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->