UK ladies are you going for Harmony test?

Can I join you all? I'm in America and had blood drawn for the MaterniT21 test (similar to Harmony) and am in the TWW limbo.

Already I'm driving myself crazy with "what-ifs".

Not in UK but we did the Harmony test due to large NT with our boy. We had to pay ourselves but I knew I didn't want an amnio. Results were all good. We also found out the gender from it.

My risk ratio from my bloods came back as 1:15000 and NT was 1.2. Letter said I was "not in increased risk group" of Downs. So I'm quite satisfied & relieved with that. I know it's only assessment for Downs but I read somewhere that an enlarged NT can be indicative of chromosomal problems including Downs. If money was no object for us then maybe to find out the gender sooner.

I'm 36 and it will depend on my NT results, but if they are ok like they were with my son then no I wouldn't have the Harmony test x

We didn't have the NT test with our first two as I didn't want CVS or amino so decided not to have the chance of months of worry if the NT came back high. Now the harmony test is available I think I'll get NT testing this time and if results come back as high risk I'll go for harmony test. If NT results are ok I don't think I'll bother - I don't want to know the sex as we are staying team yellow.

They will only tell you the sex if you specifically ask them to :winkwink:

I got Harmony first, so the NHS testing results and then finding a Harmony test clininc and waiting on results didn't then cause me weeks of worry.

We wanted to stay team yellow and were told by mistake, lol. It was kind of cool knowing so early though.

Went for Harmony today. Amazing seeing such a formed baby on the scan. It was so lovely! Now the wait for results. They said lately results were coming back in aroind a week eekk!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Lucky Flutter!

It's amazing seeing the wriggly little baby onscreen:cloud9:

My experience of the private scan/Harmony was great, the tech really knew what she was doing, took the time to explain stuff to me, and gave me some good quality pictures away with me. Contrast that to the NHS where I got a nasty old woman who was really negative, didn't explain things well and "forgot" to take a decent image:dohh:

It's been two weeks and the doctor still doesn't have results!

Has there been public holidays, did they give you a reason for the delay?

You must be in bits :dohh:

Really want these next few weeks to whizz by so we can tell everyone! Fingers crossed all is well. Expecting Harmony results next week then got my 12-week scan on 16th.

Got my results today. All low risk and we're having a girl :)

Really glad I opted for the test for peace of mind and so enjoyed the scan part. Def worth it if you can afford it in my opinion.

Got my 12 week scan tomorrow! All feeling very real now.

how is everyone doing?

Congrats lucky.

Did you get your results back peanut?

Hey everyone...I'm in the 2ww now and scared to pieces :-(
Had bloods done on 11th June at 10+5 and now just waiting.

Peanut, sorry to hear your results honey. How are you feeling? I'm new back on here after a break but have a good listening ear if you want to chat xx

Congrats lucky.

Did you get your results back peanut?

I got them back yesterday (4 weeks later). Positive for Trisomy 18. :cry:

So sorry. Have they explained the results to you? A false negative is almost imposible. Im afraid a positive result still has a high chance of being right but there are a certain percentage of false positives. I dont want to create false hope but its important to know the facts. An amnio is more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->