UK ladies are you going for Harmony test?

Congrats lucky.

Did you get your results back peanut?

I got them back yesterday (4 weeks later). Positive for Trisomy 18. :cry:

So sorry. Have they explained the results to you? A false negative is almost imposible. Im afraid a positive result still has a high chance of being right but there are a certain percentage of false positives. I dont want to create false hope but its important to know the facts. An amnio is more accurate.

I'm having an amnio before we make any decisions. The doctor is concerned because she is measuring a little behind. My TSH level at recheck was 6.9. I'm not sure if that will slow down her growth.
She has a questionable arrhythmia in her heart. He said she was skipping a few beats but at the end he found a strong solid run. So I'm not sure.
I'll have an ultrasound by a perinatologist right before the amnio.

I had a miscarriage prior to her and we've tried for over two years to get her. I'm not sure if I can go through TTC again and all the worry if I get pregnant again considering the history I'm racking up. Which means my dreams of having a child will be over.
So this is incredibly devastating.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday Peanut. It must be such a stressful time for you. How long do the amnio results take?

Hi all.....I am trawling the internet for information about the Harmony test....we can afford it...I am 42 so I think it's a no brainer, hubby not so convinced.

Before I go any further....peanut, so sorry to hear your news. Fingers crossed for the amnio x x

So I just don't think I or my hubby know enough about it, it costs so much. I thought about doing nhs nt and usual bloods at 12 weeks and see what they said....but then it might be nearer 13-14 weeks I get the Harmony...then another 1-2 weeks for the results... that takes me to 16 weeks. Too late to know for sure I think.

How did you find somewhere that did the test? I have just googled

Mitchnorm I had Harmony and am glad I did, at the 12 week scan they couldn't get an nt measurement so I went private and they gave me a 1-130 chance of downs. Still good odds I know but wanted more confirmation so decided to go for the Harmony test privately. I went with a company called Babybond and it cost £500. You can get the harmony test from 10 weeks I believe. They said it would take up to 2 weeks for results (they send bloods to Arizona) but I got mines back in 9 days, low risk. You can also request gender! I know it is expensive but it does give you peace of mind if you get a good result.
I originally was happy to go with NHS tests but they didn't give me answers due to baby not cooperating at scans and they only give you 2 scans where I am from (Scotland) before they only use the combined screening test (which I think has only around 70% accuracy). Harmony is 99% accurate! I wish I had done this from 10 weeks and skipped the NHS testing. Good luck if you choose to go for it.

Mitchnorm I had Harmony and am glad I did, at the 12 week scan they couldn't get an nt measurement so I went private and they gave me a 1-130 chance of downs. Still good odds I know but wanted more confirmation so decided to go for the Harmony test privately. I went with a company called Babybond and it cost £500. You can get the harmony test from 10 weeks I believe. They said it would take up to 2 weeks for results (they send bloods to Arizona) but I got mines back in 9 days, low risk. You can also request gender! I know it is expensive but it does give you peace of mind if you get a good result.
I originally was happy to go with NHS tests but they didn't give me answers due to baby not cooperating at scans and they only give you 2 scans where I am from (Scotland) before they only use the combined screening test (which I think has only around 70% accuracy). Harmony is 99% accurate! I wish I had done this from 10 weeks and skipped the NHS testing. Good luck if you choose to go for it.

Thanks Willow. I suppose if I am going to do it I'd want to do sooner rather than later and not wait til after the nhs testing....otherwise it's just on your mind doubt, days ticking by. I need to discuss with hubby more :)

Peanut-I have everything crossed for you for today honey....praying you get some good news xxx

Mitchnorm-I'm not sure where you are but we went for the Nifty test done through thisismy....they were quite literally brilliant! Very supportive and talked us through our scan in such detail etc.
It cost £430 with a scan or u can do blood test only for £350.
Check out their website as it gives loads of info about the test. I got my results on Sat after the test the previous thurs so only 8 days (from dispatch). You can't put a price on reassurance and if u can afford it I would definitely say to go for it. Good luck honey x

Mitchnorm-I'm not sure where you are but we went for the Nifty test done through thisismy....they were quite literally brilliant! Very supportive and talked us through our scan in such detail etc.
Check out their website as it gives loads of info about the test. I got my results on Sat after the test the previous thurs so only 8 days (from dispatch). You can't put a price on reassurance and if u can afford it I would definitely say to go for it. Good luck honey x

Thanks abic. Will Google that. £350 seems much more acceptable than £400-500 and tbh I'll still have my 12 weeks scan on the nhs where they'll do all the other checks an dmeasures anyway...so it seems a duplication. I can definately justify £350 to get the definitive result....thank you x

Thanks abic. Will Google that. £350 seems much more acceptable than £400-500 and tbh I'll still have my 12 weeks scan on the nhs where they'll do all the other checks an dmeasures anyway...so it seems a duplication. I can definately justify £350 to get the definitive result....thank you x

I am booked in for the panorama test when I'll be ten weeks. They can do it from nine weeks but I'll be on holiday then. I don't think I am going to get the NHS screening because of the high false positive rate. Panorama is over 99% accurate.

Not me wyliecat.....I lost my baby at 9 weeks unfortunately. Cancelled the test but was all booked up to do it x

I had my test yesterday, so now the wait begins...

I had the Harmony test with my toddler a few years back and just had the Panorama test (latest one) done with my current pregnancy. I had it done at 10+4 and the bloody thing was in incomplete result after 2 weeks of waiting. Had it rerun and then get a result after 10 days. Both were £375 with a scan at the place I had them (not covered by insurance) and are more accurate than the nuchal test/scans (although I had that one too). To be fair, I would have still had them if I was under 35 (I'm 39 now).

Good comparison of the two on page 4 here (both pretty similar really) https://www.theportlandhospital.com/uploads/maternity/harmony_test.pdf

I had Harmony with this and my last pregnancy. First time was at the Portland, second was the Fetal Medicine Centre (Harley Street). This time cost £400 and included 10 week and 12 week (NT) scans and combined blood tests. We also found out the gender.

It was worth it for us to have peace of mind. I'm 39, DH is 47.

I just got my combined screening tests back and it's 'high risk' (1 in 76). They didn't give me any more information about my results- I know my NT measurement was 1.8/1.9 which looks fine, and I'm 39 years old; I don't know about my blood test results.

I've got an appointment for the Harmony test next week. I'm already dreading the wait for the results!

I just got my combined screening tests back and it's 'high risk' (1 in 76). They didn't give me any more information about my results- I know my NT measurement was 1.8/1.9 which looks fine, and I'm 39 years old; I don't know about my blood test results.

I've got an appointment for the Harmony test next week. I'm already dreading the wait for the results!

Try to think of it as a 75 in 76 chance of every thing being fine, that helped me.

I wonder how much weight they put on your 'over 35' age. If they have weighted it highly then those results may be nonsense. Your nuchal seemed good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->